Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Lounge / Re: What's on your mind?
« Last post by splerdu on July 03, 2022, 11:44:50 AM »
^ All I got was a cold, but the timing was suspicious so I isolated and tested.

Cold symptom onset was exactly five days after visiting PGH Blood Donor center, and it was a real shitshow in there.
« Last post by lahar on July 03, 2022, 08:52:32 AM »
finally caught COVID after dodging it for two and a quarter years

Get well soon. The good news is I hear its getting milder, but still contagious. Cases are beginning to surge again. In the office, after 6 months of zero cases, we suddenly got 2 in just a few days.

I walked in to a vax center last Friday and wanted to get a 2nd booster, but the nurse on duty said to come back next week since I just came from a cold.
« Last post by splerdu on July 03, 2022, 12:09:44 AM »
finally caught COVID after dodging it for two and a quarter years
Lounge / Re: What Song Are You Listening To?
« Last post by waway on July 02, 2022, 09:39:13 PM »
Metallica - master of puppets
Gadgets / Re: Android thread
« Last post by motion55 on July 02, 2022, 01:05:58 PM »
Yes, Lazada Wallet and Shopee Pay holds the funds in escrow until the buyer confirms delivery. However, if there is a refund, the money returns to these. If I pay through GCash, it is refunded back to GCash. Which is what I wanted in the first place. But due to limitations of GCash, I ended up sending the money to Lazada Wallet. I didn't want to use my credit card or ATM debit card.

GCash, Maya and Shopee Pay require a valid gov't ID confirmation to raise the monthly limit to above 50K. I don't recall confirming with my ID on Lazada Wallet. Maybe there's a monthly 50K limit. There was a time when I hadn't confirmed on Shopee Pay and I exceeded the limit after buying PC parts. The Shopee Pay confirmation process was tedious. Aside from supplying my gov't ID one with a close up photo and one with me holding it below my face, I also answered shome question like "am I at one time related to a high gov't official (Congress, Judfge, etc..)"?. After the last big transaction,.GCash sent me a text message stating they raised my monthly limit to 500K.

BTW, I use BPI mobile app to pay bills, transfer money and load GCash. It's quite convenient. Strangely, the mobile key to confirm a transaction is tied to the phone and not to the SIM. I had already transferred my SIM to the new phone but the mobile key was still sent to the old phone and confirmed with its fingerprint sensor. There is (probably) an option to transfer mobile key confirmation to the new phone but I am keeping it on the old phone because that one is staying home.
« Last post by splerdu on July 02, 2022, 07:52:00 AM »
AFAIK Shopee does it by default even if you're not using their internal wallet. I've always paid by CC and have gotten reminders from them to confirm receipt of delivered items so they can release payment to seller, otherwise if no action on my part they will have to wait for a default timeout period before getting paid. Can also increase the hold duration.
« Last post by ris on July 02, 2022, 06:07:48 AM »
nice! nice!
don't we have a payment system that is held by a middle party that you can release when item is received?

here in china when i shop in taobao or pindoudou the payment system is handled by Alipay, I pay for the item, money is held by Alipay then after receiving the item I can confirm in alipay to release the payment or will be released by default after 1wk.

incase of any disputes or delay of the arrival of item, you can tell the system (one time) to increase the receiving time so as not to release the payment to the seller. if the item does not arrive on a specific time or it's not what you ordered you can opt for a refund telling the system why. refund last from 24hours to two days or after seller receives back the item.

BTW most of my phones i get used, i usually get last years Flagship at a discounted price. I'm still using my Galaxy Note 8 even though i also have the Oneplus 7pro. I like using the Note8 more maybe coz the 7pro is really heavy.   

there is.  its lazwallet and shopeepay.  they do exactly that.  they hold payment to the seller until the buyer confirms that the item received is in good condition
« Last post by wheelee on July 01, 2022, 04:06:35 PM »
nice! nice!
don't we have a payment system that is held by a middle party that you can release when item is received?

here in china when i shop in taobao or pindoudou the payment system is handled by Alipay, I pay for the item, money is held by Alipay then after receiving the item I can confirm in alipay to release the payment or will be released by default after 1wk.

incase of any disputes or delay of the arrival of item, you can tell the system (one time) to increase the receiving time so as not to release the payment to the seller. if the item does not arrive on a specific time or it's not what you ordered you can opt for a refund telling the system why. refund last from 24hours to two days or after seller receives back the item.

BTW most of my phones i get used, i usually get last years Flagship at a discounted price. I'm still using my Galaxy Note 8 even though i also have the Oneplus 7pro. I like using the Note8 more maybe coz the 7pro is really heavy.   
« Last post by Sephiroth on July 01, 2022, 11:52:40 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA22SMJMmAU

Someone made Chickenjoy fancy. I am impressed.
Lounge / Re: What Did You Buy Today?
« Last post by WallyWest on July 01, 2022, 10:26:24 AM »
MACE Plus cordless pressure washer
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Activated charcoal deodorizer bags
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10