Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 734195 times)

Offline altec

Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #11040 on: May 12, 2022, 08:31:38 PM »
Locally, perhaps peeps will now fully have their "own truths." ( Alam niyo ba? Pinangbili ni marcos yung ibang tallano gold ng bitcoin? Back in 1969. Typewriter at telegrama palang nun...)

But internationally, i have doubts. Lee kuan yew's memoirs, he has a few entries regarding a few of his neighboring contemporaries. Sakit yung nangungutang ng desperado pero di pinautang. American reports, dossiers from WWII to the 80s. School records, etc.

I wonder how is pol pot regarded nowadays in his country? Suharto and sukarno? African idi amin? Or chairman Mao... Oh no...

Chinese hegemony is coming.

Trump 2024 anyone?
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #11041 on: May 13, 2022, 09:43:57 AM »
I was wrong when I hurt you
Did you have to hurt me too?
Did you think revenge will make it better?
I don't care about the past
I just want our love to last
There's a way to bring us back together

I must forgive you
And you must forgive me too
If we wanna try to put things back
The way they used to be
'Cause there's no sense in going over and over
The same things as before
So let's not bring the past back anymore

Out of all the good we had
You only keep track of the bad
Though you knew I never really loved her
No, no, no, no, no
Didn't anyone tell you yet?
To forgive is to forget
How can you be mad if you don't remember?

Offline berdugoh

« Reply #11042 on: May 13, 2022, 10:21:00 AM »
Did you have to hurt me too?
Did you think revenge will make it better?
I don't care about the past
I just want our love to last
There's a way to bring us back together

I must forgive you
And you must forgive me too
If we wanna try to put things back
The way they used to be
'Cause there's no sense in going over and over
The same things as before
So let's not bring the past back anymore

Out of all the good we had
You only keep track of the bad
Though you knew I never really loved her
No, no, no, no, no
Didn't anyone tell you yet?
To forgive is to forget
How can you be mad if you don't remember?

Bat relate ako dito..

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #11043 on: May 13, 2022, 10:38:40 AM »
From another forum:

I think this is called gaslighting.

Offline lahar

« Reply #11044 on: May 13, 2022, 11:32:32 AM »
Classic gaslighting. Its the victim's fault. Now they are going after the volunteers. I guess the P2.5M/yr salary to the troll farmers are still on.

Offline wheelee

« Reply #11046 on: May 13, 2022, 03:07:21 PM »

Bat relate ako dito..

ano na bro nangyari?
sila parin bang dalawa

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #11047 on: May 13, 2022, 03:56:28 PM »
I am worried what will happen to our educational system and media.

They could easily shape what will be taught to the children, which may turn to blind and fanatical followers.
Sara Duterte to become next DepEd chief: Marcos Jr. https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1174253
yeah that one. my blood chilled when i read that. no doubt revising history is part of the plan.

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #11048 on: May 13, 2022, 06:49:18 PM »
guys, i need a bit of help here.

PLDT just installed fiber in our area at last (due to rising competition, the serviceman said) yesterday. my DSL is would be cut the day the FIBER connection becomes active, which was within hours or a few days.

i have very little knowledge in wireless networks. i immediately searched Lazada for a wireless USB adapter. i use Fedora Linux which made me quite nervous because i do not know if locally available adapters are compatible and i often see reddit posts asking for help in connecting their laptops to wireless networks. i saw TP-Link's adapter which is 150 Mbps and Linux compatible, so I bought it.

Fiber went active this afternoon. using my phone, I saw 2g and 5G signal. i connected it to the 5G signal, which got me to around 120 Mbps download. much better than my DSL's 5Mbps.

then i tried the wireless adapter on my PC. it was detected immediately, no driver installation required. it took several tries to actually connect (authentication failure for some reason) but it does connect. problem is that it's only the 2G signal it connects to, which is around 20MBps only.

the modem is downstairs and in my room upstairs the signal is only poor to fair. not good when playing mobile legends.

i have some questions:

1. i have read that there are wifi extenders will help remove dead spots.but will they help make the signal to my room better, assuming i put them inside my room which the signal is fair to poor? do i need to buy one that is 5G enabled?

2. do i have to replace my USB wireless adapter with one with 5G or do just have to adjust settings?

thanks!

Offline lahar

« Reply #11049 on: May 13, 2022, 08:42:55 PM »
UP wins 72-69 over Ateneo

Offline lahar

« Reply #11050 on: May 13, 2022, 08:46:16 PM »

PLDT just installed fiber in our area at last (due to rising competition, the serviceman said) yesterday. my DSL is would be cut the day the FIBER connection becomes active, which was within hours or a few days.

i have very little knowledge in wireless networks. i immediately searched Lazada for a wireless USB adapter. i use Fedora Linux which made me quite nervous because i do not know if locally available adapters are compatible and i often see reddit posts asking for help in connecting their laptops to wireless networks. i saw TP-Link's adapter which is 150 Mbps and Linux compatible, so I bought it.

Fiber went active this afternoon. using my phone, I saw 2g and 5G signal. i connected it to the 5G signal, which got me to around 120 Mbps download. much better than my DSL's 5Mbps.

then i tried the wireless adapter on my PC. it was detected immediately, no driver installation required. it took several tries to actually connect (authentication failure for some reason) but it does connect. problem is that it's only the 2G signal it connects to, which is around 20MBps only.

the modem is downstairs and in my room upstairs the signal is only poor to fair. not good when playing mobile legends.

i have some questions:

1. i have read that there are wifi extenders will help remove dead spots.but will they help make the signal to my room better, assuming i put them inside my room which the signal is fair to poor? do i need to buy one that is 5G enabled?

2. do i have to replace my USB wireless adapter with one with 5G or do just have to adjust settings?

thanks!

The adapter you got is either only 2GHz, or as you stated, the modem is too far and that there are too many obstructions. Higher frequencies have poor penetration capabilities.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #11051 on: May 13, 2022, 08:54:28 PM »
Before you go out and buy a 5G WiFi dongle:

Since your phone can get a 5G signal, put it where your PC is and run a Speedtest. If your phone can't get a good connection, chances are your PC won't either and it might be better to wire up with CAT5/6 or a powerline to Ethernet adapter.

Had to go to BGC today. But damn traffic heading back home was extra bad. Must be coz of that event at Ateneo.
Decided to go back and have ramen and chill instead. Posting from $tarbuck$, gonna wait till ETA on Maps is under 1 hour before I try going home again.
fhtagn

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #11052 on: May 14, 2022, 08:24:05 AM »

i have some questions:

thanks!

Instead of buying WiFi extenders, consider adding Mesh WiFi to your home network which is more advanced and works better. Just donít forget to disable the WiFi on the PLDT ONT and setup your wireless connections to the Mesh AP.

In order to take advantage of the 5GHz connection, the client device must have 5GHz connectivity as well so yes, you will have to have a 5GHz WLAN card or 5GHz USB WiFi dongle if it isnít already built-in. Make sure youíre connecting to the 5GHz SSID of the Mesh WiFi and not the 2.4Ghz one.

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #11053 on: May 14, 2022, 10:36:05 AM »
I've been without internet for the 3rd day today (phyiscal line-cut a few blocks a way, a truck with high load apparently caught up with the PLDT cable), and I'm using a Globe Home Prepaid WiFi, I'd say it's very frustrating to use, it was only OK the first few hours after I loaded it up (with 199), second and 3rd day was very tiring, it suddenly doesn't work after maybe 2hrs and have to restart it or wait like 20mins for it work work again. speed was ~30Mbps on the first few hours of using it, and after that it was a frustrating 2Mbps - to think that this is what most people without fixed broadband use, I miss being able to just watch youtube without buffering and loads up to 1080+ instantaneously
jeremypv

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #11054 on: May 14, 2022, 12:01:21 PM »

i have some questions:

thanks!
5GHz doesn't penetrate walls very well so a 5GHz adapter won't do you any good. Signal repeaters will only halve the bandwidth so you still won't get the full speed. Mesh is probably better but all that for 1 desktop PC is kinda impractical.

Least expensive solution would be a long LAN cable. I've already tried a powerline adapter and I couldn't get a stable connection since it depends on your house's wiring. What works for me now is a MOCA adapter since our house came with in-wall cable TV connectors.

Or assuming your adapter is plugged in to USB, get a long USB extension cable and place your adapter somewhere outside you room where it can get a good signal.
If you have an old wireless router, you can also config that as an ethernet wireless access point.

Offline lahar

« Reply #11055 on: May 14, 2022, 12:04:24 PM »
radio signal penetration is inversely proportional to the square root of the radio frequency

Offline joxsftw

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #11056 on: May 14, 2022, 12:29:10 PM »
Same setup. PLDT equipment is downstairs while my room is on the second floor.

Tried connections and experiences:

LAN:
Pro: I get full speed. WFH connection more stable compared to wireless.
Con: Ugly sight of cables and possibility of tripping over said cables since i run them up the stairs from modem router to my room.

Extender:
Pro: Speed a bit better since you can move from one outlet to another. Browsing and downloads and streaming are fine.
Con : Dropped connections when using WFH.

USB / Wifi Dongle
Pro: Browsing and downloads and streaming are fine. Extender is better.
Con: Dropped connections when using WFH. Dependent on room layout or where you put your PC.

Mesh
Pro: Way better than extenders and usb dongles. I get around 90% speed. Reliable in my WFH. Does not drop connection compared to when i was using extenders. Phone speeds also better. Expandable. Better coverage.
Con: Expensive when buying a kit. You at least need 2, one for main and the other for your room. You can bundle it with your plan if you're with PLDT but it's going to be a new contract and lock-in period.

What i ended up using:
(1) LAN for the PC. I had all ports activated on my modem router. Port 1 is main TP Link mesh, Port 2 is gaming PC, Port 3 is WFH PC. I had somebody crawl up our ceiling and install CAT cables para permanent and walang nakakalat na cables. From the ceiling down, I had installed brackets para nakatago mas maganda tingnan.
(2) Mesh for wireless devices.

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #11057 on: May 14, 2022, 01:21:29 PM »
It's also possible to have a wired ethernet backhaul between the mesh router and nodes for maximum performance and coverage only where it's needed and having flexibility to painlessly accommodate additional devices in the future while keeping the deployment of cabling and the number of mesh nodes to a minimum.

Offline altec

« Reply #11058 on: May 15, 2022, 07:07:41 PM »
Interesting phenomena going on. I'm not saying it's mainstream, nor that it's the best way to be. Just something that's getting a bit of traction nowadays.

The lying flat/ great resignation phenomena. Peeps who dropped out of the rat race. /antiwork at reddit has a few gem screenshots.

China https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqStHkW2dzU 

States: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKXEEUElO8

An old, The onion story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d6cdcNKJRY
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Offline wheelee

« Reply #11059 on: May 15, 2022, 07:57:41 PM »
Lying Flat here in china started when those big guys from those big companies like tencent & alibaba where force to donate millions to society as thier social responsibility daw sabi ng gov but people know better where those funds will go.