Author Topic: Kagat ng aso  (Read 11616 times)

Offline Al

• Administrator
    • Trashcan of Thoughts
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2006, 04:33:06 PM »
wow. 20k is a LOT.
Trashcan of Thoughts -- http://www.allibrero.com

Offline olops

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2006, 04:34:56 PM »
olops,

Punta ka sa San Lazaro Hospital. Marami pumupunta dun na nakagat ng aso, pwede ka makihati sa ibang pasyente para makatipid.
Oh, I forgot, I'm from Cebu :D

Offline Ulysses

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2006, 05:44:23 PM »
Bantayan mo mabuti sarili mo sa salamin frequently. Pag napansin mo na bumubula na bibig mo, kuha ka ng lapis at papel at isulat mo dun ang pangalan ng mga taong kakagatin mo :grin:  

Offline CloudStrife

• http://
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2006, 05:52:32 PM »
<br />
  what's the difference between rabies and snake venom?<br />
<br />

Im no expert, but i too got bitten once... by both.
snakebites attack the immediate area where the venom was injected.
they are bacterias that dissolve the tissues in the body. rendering the victim immobile or paralyzed. why kamo? because these bacterias are the snakes enzymes already digesting the tissues inside. Much like our saliva. it was said that venoms travel through the bloodstream and the heart only spreads the venom farther into the body. that's why when u r bitten by a snake...u relax don't panic so that u don't raise ur heartbeat (although i find it hard not to panic, knowing that you've been bitten by a snake!) The thing to look for here is the bitemark.
if you only see 4 puncture wounds, then DON'T ALARM THE VICTIM! just rush him to the nearest hospital for treatment. that indicates, that it is a venomous snake.  if you see no puncture wound just rows of teeth marks in a half circle then you can relax for it is not a venomous snake.
 while a rabid dog's bite depends on WHERE you are bitten.
rabies DOES NOT travel through the bloodstream. they travel through the NERVES. The closer u are bitten to the head the the shorter the days of the rabies virus to travel to your brain.  That's why doctors always ask where the victim is bitten.  HOTSPOTS FOR RABIES are the hands, feet, neck and of course the face. You don't want to know what i saw in San Lazaro when i was there.

"The sky should be forever clear and forever blue" - Gentatsu

Offline Al

• Administrator
    • Trashcan of Thoughts
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2006, 08:23:58 PM »
venom is poison

rabies is a viral infection
Trashcan of Thoughts -- http://www.allibrero.com

Offline olops

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2006, 09:29:30 PM »
@CloudStrife
How much did you pay for you rabies vaccinations in San Lazaro?

Offline epoy

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2006, 01:59:17 AM »
alam ko lahat ng maduduming animals may rabbies like dogs,rats,bats,porcupine, and some other rodents
"You can only be who you allow yourself to become."

Offline STiR

• Semi-Newbie
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2006, 06:14:49 AM »
sa RITM Research Institute on Tropical Medicine ako nagpapaturok ngayon day 30 nako. depende sa gravity ng kagat ang bakuna. kung maliit lang, parang sakin, 600 per injection, day 1,3,7,30,60. kapag malaki ang sugat, o kaya may sakit ang aso, ganito yung sakin dati. 4500 ang unang injection tapos 600 na lang ang iba. yung 4500 ang horse dosage yung pangkabayo ang injection. sobrang sakit nito kaya maghanda kang mamilipit ng kalahating araw. day 1,3,7,15,30 ang injection. habang nagpapaimmunize ka, hindi ka pwedeng uminom ng alcohol, beer man o hard. sakit. pero may consolation. anggaganda ng mga nurse dito. kaya kung may balak sa inyo eb tayo mamaya. punta kong mga 3 or 4. ako yung long hair hehe. nurses here i come!        :rose:  

Offline topnotch97

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2006, 07:58:17 AM »
ako marami akong kagat. puro kagat galing sa ex-gf ko!

buti na lang hiwalay na kami, kundi nasira din ulo ko. :relieved:  

Offline CloudStrife

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 12:56:27 PM »
@CloudStrife
How much did you pay for you rabies vaccinations in San Lazaro?
it was a long time ago, when i was still in college.
around 2k...i think.
initial shots are the ones that are expensive (not to mention painful!) i was pierced 10 times during that day. 5 of them is just for the test! because they have to test the shots on you first to see if you have any allergic reaction but the tests are free though. man! that's the worst! they will inject the medicine just under your skin! OHHHH! THE PAIN!!!.
when its all clear and u dont have any allergic reaction. then u go pay for the meds. on rabies vials, u will only use half of it. so its better to look for a "kahati" just like lahar said on page 2.
<QUOTE=LAHAR,Mar 6 2006, 04:23 PM >
Punta ka sa San Lazaro Hospital. Marami pumupunta dun na nakagat ng aso, pwede ka makihati sa ibang pasyente para makatipid.</QUOTE>

this will cost u around 700. ung anti-tetanus ko kasi that time dalawa tama ung sinabi ni "me n myself" ganun ung nangyari sakin.

<QUOTE=me n myself,Dec 19 2002, 10:45 PM >
Of course, you should also get tetenus shots. If you had your booster shot, toxoid lang. Pag more than 10 years na wala kang toxoid booster, you have to receive toxoid AND anti-tetanus.<br />
</QUOTE>

2 din ung anti-biotic. kaya lima ung initial.
then ung succeeding, rabies shots n lng around P350. kung wala kng kahati P700. I just hope that it is still accurate. and don't worry, just as long as you religously follow what the doctor said and come back on the specified day, ur girlfriend will be alright. Have faith!

Offline CloudStrife

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 01:22:48 PM »
olops,

Punta ka sa San Lazaro Hospital. Marami pumupunta dun na nakagat ng aso, pwede ka makihati sa ibang pasyente para makatipid.
Oh, I forgot, I'm from Cebu :D
if my memory servers me right, alam ko meron s cebu.
out of boredom s san lazaro waiting for my shot, nabasa ko ung board nila ng facilities na may anti-rabies vaccinations.

Rabies Diagnostic Laboratories
M. Velez St., Cebu City
Tel. No. (032) 254-4005

i think it would be best to contact them, for they know where to send you and your girlfriend to get treatment. take care.

Offline giMhik

Re: Kagat ng aso
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2006, 07:07:46 AM »
"nakagat ako ng aso!"  well, parang ganun.  my dog and i were playing the other night then he jumped on me and accidentally nasugatan nya ako with his teeth or fang.  wound is behind my shirt.  2 wounds na kasing laki ng monggo.  i couldn't verify if his fang went through my shirt.  napansin ko lang may sugat an hour after we played.  nilinis ko agad and i'm kinda worried.  should i get my vaccines na mamaya?

sabi sa DOH website, observe for 14 days.

sabi ng friend ko, pa-inject na to make sure.

sabi ng mother ko, obserbahan muna kasi bakit ka tuturok (nice term huh  lol) kung wala namang rabies.

sabi ko naman, pa-inject na pero sayang din yung money kung di naman ganun ka-serious yung situation (siguro).

the dog (dalmatian) is more than a year old and well-fed and clean most of the time.  wears clothes pa and trained ng konte.  not sure kung na-vaccinate for anti-rabies.

Offline noknok79

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2006, 07:53:41 AM »
magpa inject ka pa rin para sure, kahit pa pet dog pa yan, mahirap na.
"For knowledge itself is power"
-Francis Bacon, Meditationes sacrae 11 "de haeresibus" 1597

Offline calvin

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2006, 08:11:21 AM »
I've been accidentally bitten by my pets several times through the years...
but I've never gone through the agony of a rabies treatment...

the worst bite I got was when I stopped a dog fight between my dog and a neighor's dog...
I got an anti-tetanus shot (or booster I think, couldn't remember exeactly since it happened years ago) and a kiss from a lovely nurse...

Offline spoliarium

• Moderators
  • The Last Airbender
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »
Is your dog vaccinated against rabies? Treat your dog as a part of your family complete with vaccines and regular visits to the vet.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Offline calvin

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2006, 08:24:19 AM »
Not all are vaccinated for rabies... but they're not allowed to stray away from their play area...

Offline giMhik

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 01:35:57 PM »
thanks guys.  papa-vaccine na ako mamaya or bukas.  Php 900 per shot pero kung may isa pang patient, pwede pang maghati sa bayad. 

mukha kasing hindi ako MAKAKATULOG thinking of what might happen if in fact i have the virus.  ipon na lang ako ng pang-vaccine kasi may intervals (days/weeks) naman yata.

Offline spoliarium

• Moderators
  • The Last Airbender
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2006, 01:41:29 PM »
Kung sa loob lang na bahay niyo yung aso at kinakain niya ay malinis naman at hindi kumakain  sa basurahan, malamang walang rabies yan.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Offline giMhik

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 02:18:14 PM »
well, i can still observe for 14 days according to DOH.

anong connection kaya nung kapag na-ulol or namatay yung dog within 14 days?

Offline spoliarium

• Moderators
  • The Last Airbender
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2006, 02:34:53 PM »
anong connection kaya nung kapag na-ulol or namatay yung dog within 14 days?

Ibig sabihin nun infected talaga ng rabies virus yun aso.  Kaya nga kung namatay yun aso pinapa-examine yun brain sa presence nun virus.