Author Topic: Kagat ng aso  (Read 11378 times)

Offline Crisp

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2002, 08:47:28 PM »
Pag nakagat ba ng HINDI ulol na aso ang isang tao, kelangan ba syang magworry?

"Hindi ulol", meaning, aso na ordinaryo ang kilos. Dapat pa ring mag-worry for the next 2 weeks during which time they should observe the dog for symptoms of rabies. Kung walang symptoms for the next two weeks, then one may relax. The problem here is that the dog may be infected with the rabies microorganism and the symptoms were just waiting to surface. Wala pa sa laway yung mga microorganisms kung hindi pa maging ulol in two weeks. Kung maging ulol within 2 weeks may possibility na at the time of the bite may microorganisms na sa laway.

Me possible rabbies infection ba?

Always possible, also with cats, monkeys but not rats. Kahit na walang rabies, anti-tetanus shots are indicated if the bite is more than a scratch. Kung scratch lang, a good wash and scrub with anti-bacterial soap within a minute/2 minutes of the incident is a must. Kahit scratch lang kung pagtagalin mo ang hugas at me rabies ang aso, delikado pa rin.

From what I know, mga asong ulol lang ang me rabbies, Am I right?

Hindi. As mentioned earlier, the dog may already be infected but the active symptoms have not surfaced yet.

Now tungkol sa gamutan (iniksyon). There are many varieties of vaccine. Noon ay 21 days ang iniksyon daily pa. Kawawa ang pasyente. Ngayon ay meron nang 4 injections lang medyo mahal lang. P500/vial. The first and second ones are shared with another patient dahil the vial is good for 2 doses. These are spaced one week apart. The 3rd (after 15 days) and 4th shots (after one month) are 1/4 of the vial so you can share the vial with 3 other persons.

Anyone going through the first 3 shots is immune for 1 year (puede kang magpakagat hanggang gusto mo). If you get the whole 4 shots. You are immune for the next 5 years.

Tama yung gawi na pag namatay ang aso within 2 weeks of the incident (whether nag-ulol or not) ay kunin ang ulo at ipa inspect sa RITM or sa UP Diliman College of Vet Med. Kasi baka kaya namatay ay dahil sinipon hindi dahil sa rabies.

Pentax Menyek
Pentax K20D, Pentax DA40, Pentax DA70, Takumar 70-200/F4; soon to come Pentax-F 28/2.8

PC? nakikita mo ba akong nagpo-post tungkol sa PC?

Offline dongdong

• ŽD
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2002, 06:56:19 AM »
Bakit naman ako magpapakagat? Masakit yun!
~"I do not have to regret anything. I started the whole pack. I was the boss of a marvelous pack. "~ -Akela, the Lone Wolf

Offline dongdong

• ŽD
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2002, 06:57:05 AM »
puede kang magpakagat hanggang gusto mo

Sinung ulol ang gagawa nun?
~"I do not have to regret anything. I started the whole pack. I was the boss of a marvelous pack. "~ -Akela, the Lone Wolf

Offline zeon

• Administrator
  • Semi-Newbie
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2002, 07:01:38 AM »
Yung mga masokista?  O baka naman kung ma-dare sa fear factor.

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2002, 04:05:01 PM »
pag kinagat ka, kagatin mo rin!
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline Devastator

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2002, 09:35:24 AM »
LOL!

kots

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2002, 06:49:19 PM »
ba't mamamatay o mauulol ung asong may rabbies kung kinagat ka?  may effect ba yun sa kanila?  i mean ikaw naman ang kinagat diba?

ok lang ba makalmot ng pusa?  o baka may rabbies rin yun.  natakot na tuloy ako humawak ng pets dahil sa mga posts dito.  hindi ko alam na ganon pala kagrabe!

Offline dean

• Administrator
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2003, 08:44:14 PM »
oy, buhay pa yung dog?
Make yourself heard
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline dean

• Administrator
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2003, 08:53:47 PM »
all your post are belong to me
Make yourself heard

Offline DABOY

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2003, 09:05:31 PM »
HELLO, ETO NA PALA LOOKS NG BAGONG PINOYPC EK EK.

may aso ako, pangalan niya eh bolztorator.  chinese shepherd siya kaya cute.  punta kayo sa bahay ko para mabigyan ko kayo ng juice tsaka hand sheyk.

AKO LANG ANG MAGALING DITO

LOVE,

DABOY

dark_absorb

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2003, 10:45:53 PM »
i think the difference bet rabies and snake venom is rabies, is a virus, while snake venom is a..venom, a mixture of several chemical compounds that cause bodily damage ranging from necrosis to death.

hehe

btw... wala bang "smileys" sa mga message???

Offline dean

• Administrator
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2003, 09:47:02 AM »
??
Make yourself heard

shinta

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2003, 09:17:12 PM »
ba't mamamatay o mauulol ung asong may rabbies kung kinagat ka? may effect ba yun sa kanila? i mean ikaw naman ang kinagat diba?

That's because once the dog shows signs of violence, it means the virus has already invaded his central nervous system and is terminally ill.  By this time, the dog is not expected to live more than 14 days.  People were told to observe the dog for 10 days before but there are rare reports of rabid dogs surviving for more than 10 days so the observation period was increased to 14 days.

shinta

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2003, 09:20:42 PM »
ok lang ba makalmot ng pusa? o baka may rabbies rin yun. natakot na tuloy ako humawak ng pets dahil sa mga posts dito. hindi ko alam na ganon pala kagrabe!

There are no reports of rabies being transmitted through cat scratches.  But cats are one of the pets which are said to transmit the rabies virus although this if very rare, if at all.  Most rabies cases here in the Philippines are attributable to dog bites, but there have been reports of transmission though cat bites, although very rare.

shinta

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2003, 09:24:29 PM »
Guys, hindi na uso ngayon ang obserbahan ang aso to know if you'll get rabies. Dati gunun yung practice, pero lately tumaas yung incidence ng rabies cases kaya once makagat ka, punta ka San Lazaro to get you anti-rabies shots. Medyo mahal siya and good for 4 or 5 persons ata yung vial, so magaantay ka pa ng mga kasabay para hati kayo sa bayad.

Well, it depends... the safest course would be to get your rabies shots as soon as you get bitten.  But then WHO has issued a classification for dog bites and depending on the classification, you would be advised whether to have your shots or not.  For example, if a wound has been licked by a pet dog and you're sure that the dog doesn't have rabies, then you may opt not to have your rabies shot... I had a copy of this classification before, but I misplaced it na...

Offline Dragon Ash

• Veterans
Kagat ng aso
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2003, 09:49:22 PM »
hi shinta, are you a doctor?
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

shinta

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2003, 10:00:06 PM »
Yup!  I was MaxSterling before. but I kinda lost my password.  I'm an internist.

Offline olops

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2006, 04:13:08 PM »
Up ko lang.. my girlfriend got bitten by our dog last Friday (3 days ago). The dog's last anti-rabies shot was in year 2000.

The doctor's advise was to observe the dog for 10-15 days.  And if ever the dog goes "ulol" or dies, have its brain checked for rabies, if found positive, administer anti-rabies shots for the person.

We were told that the cost of anti-rabies shots for my girlfriend would be 20k-30k because each vial costs 5k to 8k, and she'd need at least 3 vials.

Where do we get these P500/vial anti-rabies?

Now tungkol sa gamutan (iniksyon). There are many varieties of vaccine. Noon ay 21 days ang iniksyon daily pa. Kawawa ang pasyente. Ngayon ay meron nang 4 injections lang medyo mahal lang. P500/vial. The first and second ones are shared with another patient dahil the vial is good for 2 doses. These are spaced one week apart. The 3rd (after 15 days) and 4th shots (after one month) are 1/4 of the vial so you can share the vial with 3 other persons.

Online lahar

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2006, 04:24:04 PM »
olops,

Punta ka sa San Lazaro Hospital. Marami pumupunta dun na nakagat ng aso, pwede ka makihati sa ibang pasyente para makatipid.

Offline jepoi

Kagat ng aso
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2006, 04:28:54 PM »
bossing, Dec 19 2002 pa po yung presyong yun.