Author Topic: Law Entrance Exam  (Read 7581 times)

donkx

Law Entrance Exam
« on: November 15, 2002, 09:24:36 PM »
Sino na ba nakakuha na ng Law entrance exam dito or anyone na may kilala na kumuha na ng Law entrance exam? Exam ko na sa Nov. 24 sa UP and I really want to know how hard (or easy) yung exam nila.

Offline krusher69

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 10:35:55 PM »
you want to become a lawyer eh?! sigurado ka ba diyan?

^tomato^

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 11:04:15 PM »
if you wanna take the LAE  be prepared to break your heart...its NOT HARD, but its damn HARD to get in BUWAHAHAHA!!!

Offline arbee

• Veterans
    • flickr
Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2002, 04:02:47 AM »
ako kumuha ako nung 1999...di ako pumasa...note- they only get the top 150 students , di pa assurance na porke pumasa sa exam okay na... may interview and essay pa...

good luck tsong...

what is certain in this world is uncertainty...

Offline spolarium

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2002, 04:41:58 AM »
Study hard and good luck!

Offline zeon

• Administrator
  • Semi-Newbie
Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2002, 04:50:43 AM »
donkx,

Sayang may LAE review kanina sa Balay Kalinaw, UP Diliman.

Offline eadejesus

• Veterans
Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2002, 06:00:42 AM »
I know some people who passed the LAE.  It's staying in that's difficult.  A couple of them transferred to San Beda after a few years.
I don't have a sig.  Wouldn't know what to put even if I had one.

donkx

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2002, 10:54:35 AM »
For all I know, UP talaga ang pinaka mahirap pasahin (and to stay in). Tapos may Ateneo pa, UST, and San Beda. Buti pa si erpats ko, nakapasa sa UP. Sabi nga sakin naging classmate nya si Drilon eh.

Arbee......medyo nasindak ako sa statistics mo ah! they only get the top 150 students. Dapat simula ngayon, magsusunog  na ako ngayon ng kilay!!! Ano nga pala yung coverage ng exam nung kumuha ka ng LAE?????

^tomato^

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2002, 12:15:01 AM »
ITs not hard to stay in dudes! in UP LAW, ang mhirap maka-get in!  Note that its only recently that they established a cut off score (GWA) to remain inside the law school....

Kaya donkx, Good luck...

Offline egzbuen

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2002, 09:06:53 PM »
in my own opinion.....

UP hard to get in but not so hard to stay.... konti lang na tatangal...once your in, it means your really good and minimal chance na lng matangal ka

Ateneo hard to get it also but not as hard as UP pero slightly easier to stay...

San Beda very easy to get in but very hard to stay....really hard

cuz its 13-15 sections with 40-50 students per section at the start of the school year and they cut it down 50% every school year.... eventually the graduating class is only 1 or 2 sections with 30-35 students only
AMD X2 7750 Black Edition
Asus M3A78-CM
PC 4670 gddr3 512mb
8gb DDR800
2tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
LG 22x DVD writer

A64 - 3500+
KN1 SLI Extreme
Palit 7300GT 256mb
1GB Kingston ddr400
500GB Seagate SATA II
200GB Seagate IDE
LG DVD Writer LS

Dell Inspiron Notebook
Intel Core Duo

Offline egzbuen

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2002, 09:08:00 PM »
btw, good luck dude
AMD X2 7750 Black Edition
Asus M3A78-CM
PC 4670 gddr3 512mb
8gb DDR800
2tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
LG 22x DVD writer

A64 - 3500+
KN1 SLI Extreme
Palit 7300GT 256mb
1GB Kingston ddr400
500GB Seagate SATA II
200GB Seagate IDE
LG DVD Writer LS

Dell Inspiron Notebook
Intel Core Duo

Offline Jesse

• Moderators
Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2002, 10:44:48 PM »
egzbuen,

i agree w/ you.... =)

donkx,

Pare good luck...... ilang taon na ako sa college of law pero dehins pa rin ako graduate....laging loa...... =(
Jesse=JexTer

Offline alikishi

• Moderators
    • http://alikishi.multiply.com
Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2002, 07:17:28 AM »
i have around 15 classmates who either went to Ateneo Law School or UP Law School...
Nikon D300 + MB D10, Nikkor 17-55mm F/2.8G, Nikkor 70-200mm F/2.8G VR, Nikon SB-900

Offline arbee

• Veterans
    • flickr
Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2002, 08:10:49 AM »
donkx, wag ka masindak...

afaik, UP law has only 2-3 sections for its incoming freshmen with 30-40 students each...

i agree with egzbuen na once you're in, very little chances of being kicked out...

what is certain in this world is uncertainty...

Offline eadejesus

• Veterans
Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2002, 10:33:48 AM »
I guess my classmate and friends were the exception to the rule.
I don't have a sig.  Wouldn't know what to put even if I had one.

donkx

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2002, 08:06:30 AM »
Just finished that LAE exam 12:30 in the afternoon... The result, well....ok lang yung mga question. Some hard some are are plain easy and some are PAIN in ThE ASSSS!!! kasi kinulang ako as oras to finish the sub-tests!!! Parang "Speed test" ang nangyari kanina. Once your finished with all the questions in a sub-test, you will have no time to review it and make some changes in your answer kasi very little time lang talaga ibibigay dun. No wonder why only guys with "BRAINS" passed the exams.

One more thing.....an event happened to me during the test examination was going on. I was assigned to a broken seat. You know that soft cushioned springed seats?? Yung spring (a very sharp spring) lumabas sa leather covering immediately when I sat down that almost tore my pants.  

mai shiranui

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2002, 12:49:40 AM »
geeez! i was planning to get Law UP too... ive spoke with friends of mine who were studying Law in UP... the exam is not that hard according to them.. mas mahirap yung interview...

i have exam next year sa UST and Ateneo law school... those are my second choice for law school.. layo kasi ng UP from my place...

UP is the best law school in town... sabi nila when you survived four years in UP, its like passing the bar already...

... but of course topping the bar exam is a different thing..=)

good luck donkx!

hope to see u in court.. =)

Offline krusher69

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2002, 05:49:19 PM »
egzbuen is right, San Beda has one of the easiest entrance exams among law schools but it is very hard to stay in.  Anyway, the bottom line is you will eventually pass the bar and become a lawyer.  If you will be practicing in the province, it does not matter what school you came from. Pero mas maganda pa rin ang mag butingting ng computers,  he he he. Masakit kasi sa ulo ang humawak ng maraming kaso.  Belive me.

mai shiranui

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2002, 01:54:17 AM »
yeah it doesnt matter from what school ka nag-law proper... kaya lang.. if you plan at least be on the top ten of bar exam or even top 20... school would matter...kasi quality ng practice yung pag-uusapan..

^tomato^

Law Entrance Exam
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2002, 06:46:31 PM »

GOSH! what has the school got to do with topping the bar??

Its about the quality of students in any given time in any given school at the moment...

Reason why Ateneo,San Beda, UP goes on top is because they attract the best from the land.

UP is the best law school in town...

Plus the true measure of the TOP LAW SCHOOL is really non-existent take the following as an example:

OPTION 1 PASSING RATES

1st  Ateneo

2nd San Beda

3rd U.P.

(Note: this ranking is based on a TEN-YEAR PERIOD, hindi isang BAR EXAM YEAR lang.)

OPTION 2 REPUTATION:

1st U.P.

2nd ATENEO

3rd San Beda

OPTION 3 TOPPING THE BAR ( No. 1 Ha!)

80's Dominated by Ateneo  for 6 BAR EXAM YEARS

90's Dominated by UP from '94 to present

(San Beda, possess the person with the HIGHEST SCORE EVER: 96.7 %)

Now with these thoughts its hard to say who really is the BEST LAW SCHOOL, you can take one option and arrive at whose the BEST but take another, and you arrive with a DIFFERENT BEST...tsk tsk...in the end what counts is that YOU BELONG TO A COMPETITIVE Law school.

my 2 lapu-lapu.

Edited by ^tomato^ on 2002-11-25 02:47:29