Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 583312 times)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #9380 on: March 23, 2020, 06:38:25 AM »
Also, it seems the Sharp TV we just recently bought automatically detects and shifts the input to the PS4 when its connected. The TV remote also works on the PS4. Downside is the PS4 has to be disconnected from the power supply, otherwise it annoyingly automatically turns on with the TV.

That's HDMI-CEC at work. When you turn on a connected and compatible input device, it automatically turns on the TV *and* changes to select the correct input and settings (such as game mode for consoles).

The PS4 is turning on because you switched on the TV directly, and the PS4 was the last source it was using. If you have an HDMI-CEC player like an Apple TV connected to the TV that you were planning to use instead of the PS4, you should just turn that on (instead of directly powering on the TV). The TV will switch to that input and leave the PS4 alone.

If the PS4 is your only HDMI-CEC device and you find the behaviour undesirable, look in the TV's Setup menu for something like CEC settings. You should be able to disable auto-power and/or auto-switch input from there.
fhtagn

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #9381 on: March 23, 2020, 06:46:00 AM »
What's the point of quarantine pass? I really can't understand the need for it. What I'm seeing is it's another source of corruption as this will need to be produced and with the state of calamity, it's instant budget.
jeremypv

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #9382 on: March 24, 2020, 04:24:50 PM »
What's the point of quarantine pass? I really can't understand the need for it. What I'm seeing is it's another source of corruption as this will need to be produced and with the state of calamity, it's instant budget.
sinupalpal uli ni Vico critics ng walang QP sa Pasig ngayon na may mobile palengke na sila. :lol:

dito sa amin may QP nga at mukhang lalong dumami tao sa palengke at pure gold kasi 5 am to 12 pm lang window. wth. eh di lalong nasaway physical distancing dun. /facepalm

Online lahar

« Reply #9383 on: March 25, 2020, 05:08:46 PM »
Finally updated the Win7 to Win10 in my wife's 2011 laptop. She's also happy now thats its finally in English.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #9384 on: March 25, 2020, 06:52:20 PM »
G@Go ka pimentel
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9385 on: March 25, 2020, 08:36:38 PM »
Yeah that was really dumb. I wonder what his wife is thinking lol she's obviously the one he put at highest risk.
fhtagn

Online lahar

« Reply #9386 on: March 26, 2020, 06:56:35 AM »
I guess they they thought PUI means Pwedeng Umikot Ikot.

Offline twistedpopo

• Tirador ng Kaning Lamig²
    • follow me
« Reply #9387 on: March 26, 2020, 10:39:15 PM »
Country is being run by selfish idiots.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #9388 on: March 26, 2020, 10:55:01 PM »
sino po dito ang may 3D Printer my sis and brod in uplb are asking for donations. Sila po ay gumagawa ng faceshield for our frontliners. Baka po may makatulong sa inyo. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10219237422941296&set=a.3630791683341&type=3&theater

#3DPrintingForACause#COVID19#FrontlinersPH

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #9390 on: March 27, 2020, 06:15:12 AM »
my coolermaster storm mechanical keyboard picked a bad time to act up. automatically disconnects. tried plugging the usb cord again and again but no good. i turned off the led lights and it seems stable for now.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9391 on: March 27, 2020, 12:13:59 PM »
possible USB port problem? Baka kinakapos na sa power.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9392 on: March 28, 2020, 06:34:29 PM »
Effective ba ang UV light sa disinfection? Planning on purchasing a UV wand if it will help in disinfecting objects.

Online lahar

« Reply #9393 on: March 28, 2020, 09:22:18 PM »
Why the Pentium is faster than a 486.

https://youtu.be/rewUiwnIsiE

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9394 on: March 29, 2020, 01:00:21 AM »
Effective ba ang UV light sa disinfection? Planning on purchasing a UV wand if it will help in disinfecting objects.

Can you kill coronavirus with UV light? In short: no. Here’s why.

You need UVC, but dangerous to handle. You definitely don't want any of it touching your eyes or skin.
fhtagn

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9395 on: March 29, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »

Can you kill coronavirus with UV light? In short: no. Here’s why.

You need UVC, but dangerous to handle. You definitely don't want any of it touching your eyes or skin.

Well, I wasn't planning on using it on a person of course. But yeah I'm considering safety as well. Although I notice those wands are marketed by baby stores for disinfecting baby stuff.
I'm considering those things that's like a solid plastic case big enough for disinfecting smartphones, face masks, paper bills, etc. My worry is every time I go out for shopping errands, I'm likely bringing in stuff that's carrying disease like my wallet, phone, car keys for instance. A wand form would be more versatile but definitely dangerous for the user.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9396 on: April 02, 2020, 02:30:28 AM »
fhtagn

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9397 on: April 02, 2020, 06:51:48 AM »
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/midea-the-window-air-conditioner-reinvented#/

No/minimal carpentry required AC install?
Usual windows in the Philippines are sliding (side to side) or jalousie (for older houses), isn't it?
We'd have to change the windows so it isn't exactly going to be minimal.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #9398 on: April 02, 2020, 10:03:11 AM »
yun jalousie pwede siguro tangalin lang yun isang tile sa baba. tama ba?

Offline motion55

« Reply #9399 on: April 02, 2020, 10:15:26 AM »
Internet is so precious, I gladly paid my PLDT bill online to keep them going. I did that after it seemed I got the speed boost.

I would have done the same for Meralco but I still must have a copy of the bill to pay it online. I succeeded in registering for an online account. I know how much I owe but the copy of the current bill to get the ATM reference no cannot be obtained because I am newly registered. 
"Set your mind free!"