Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 564118 times)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #9180 on: November 28, 2019, 06:03:32 PM »
fhtagn

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #9181 on: November 28, 2019, 06:48:03 PM »
back to pldt fiber ipv6. How to setup my router so that my network gets ipv6? right now yung router ko lang nakaka access sa labas using ipv6
if you are on route mode, your router should have an ndp-relay/proxy capability since the modem only give ::/128 prefix via dhcpv6 (think of /32 on ipv4), so the pldt modem will be the one managing ipv6 and your routers will just relay it. if you're on bridge mode, this should be plug-n-play as long as your router is ipv6 capable since you will get an ipv6 prefix delegate from pldt.

how do i enable icmp v6?  yung pwede ma ping yung mga websites.  right now kasi parang disabled ang ping pero naka ipv6 ako.  currently using windows firewall pero di naman gumana yung icmp ipv6 allow rule.  i can access sites using ipv6 though
my setup is pldt via route mode and ndp-relay, so far the default openwrt traffic rule is sufficient
jeremypv

Offline ris

« Reply #9182 on: November 29, 2019, 02:56:28 AM »
back to pldt fiber ipv6. How to setup my router so that my network gets ipv6? right now yung router ko lang nakaka access sa labas using ipv6
if you are on route mode, your router should have an ndp-relay/proxy capability since the modem only give ::/128 prefix via dhcpv6 (think of /32 on ipv4), so the pldt modem will be the one managing ipv6 and your routers will just relay it. if you're on bridge mode, this should be plug-n-play as long as your router is ipv6 capable since you will get an ipv6 prefix delegate from pldt.

how do i enable icmp v6?  yung pwede ma ping yung mga websites.  right now kasi parang disabled ang ping pero naka ipv6 ako.  currently using windows firewall pero di naman gumana yung icmp ipv6 allow rule.  i can access sites using ipv6 though
my setup is pldt via route mode and ndp-relay, so far the default openwrt traffic rule is sufficient

im on bridge mode with an asus router.  not sure if its the asus router or windows that is blocking icmpv6.  any thoughts?
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #9183 on: November 29, 2019, 04:07:12 AM »
most likely the asus router is, check for the firewall settings (or something similar) on the asus router, try to disable it (for testing purposes) to check if it's the one blocking
jeremypv

Offline motion55

« Reply #9184 on: November 29, 2019, 11:28:22 AM »

Both my routers in the office and condo use OpenWRT. So sa LAN interface, I setup a DHCPv6 to run in "hybrid mode". I don't know what that means but I lose IPv6 connection on my PC if the DHCPv6 server is set to "relay mode". For now, I placed the WAN6 interface on the same side of the firewall as the LAN. Basically it's unprotected sa IPv6. This can't go on for very long as it may be dangerous. I have to find a firewall that works with IPv6. But I have a CCTV camera using RasPi in the office which I can now access at home.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9185 on: November 29, 2019, 12:48:36 PM »
nice. half of peers are ipv6 now

Well, naka CGNAT naman kasi IPv4. I too get mostly IPv6 peers now.
fhtagn

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9186 on: November 29, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »
fhtagn

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9187 on: November 30, 2019, 06:38:05 AM »
he's the chosen one.

Offline motion55

« Reply #9188 on: November 30, 2019, 03:00:35 PM »
Let's see! JTWC forecast track

JMA forecast track.

"Set your mind free!"

Offline motion55

« Reply #9189 on: November 30, 2019, 07:48:44 PM »
PAGASA's tracking map for the newly entered typhoon "Tisoy" .

http://pubfiles.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/tamss/weather/track.png

"Set your mind free!"

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9190 on: December 01, 2019, 06:34:09 AM »
Let's see!

The vertical part of the PAGASA track on Nov 29-30 shows the effect of his "ESTOP!" lol

But srsly it seems we were in the good graces of a northeasterly wind which slowed it down.
fhtagn

Offline motion55

« Reply #9191 on: December 01, 2019, 11:49:13 AM »
The meteorological explanation is this. The typhoon is steered by the upper level  winds. There is a subtropical ridge that forms at this time of the year. This ridge tends to steer typhoons to move west towards the Philippines instead of recurving to the North towards Japan. There was a break in the STR allowing the typhoon move Northwards. But as the STR rebuilds, the typhoon is stopped and remained stationary and then resumed moving westward. This movement was predicted by computer models.

Anyway, if it was "stopped" by religious powers, unfortunately, it has a consequence of prematurely preventing the typhoon from moving further northwards. Those dams could use the rains if the typhoon were to pass over the Angat dam area instead of the predicted Batangas path. Who knows how many lives will be lost to the lack of water.

The "stopping" action was caused by the rebuilding STR. If it was not stopped then the typhoon would simply have recurved to the north and not even enter PAR. I don't know if that is the desired outcome given that we need the rains.

"Set your mind free!"

Offline motion55

« Reply #9192 on: December 01, 2019, 04:30:16 PM »
My point is if anyone is going to take credit for "stopping" the storm, he also has to take the blame for causing it to turn left towards the Philippines. And by stopping it too soon, the storm is too far south to add much water to the dams.
"Set your mind free!"

Online WallyWest

« Reply #9193 on: December 01, 2019, 08:45:49 PM »
How do you know if a person truly has depression o masyadong "ma-drama" lang? :unsure:

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #9194 on: December 01, 2019, 10:11:23 PM »
Depression is normally defined by 6 months of well, being depressed.

Sometimes it is preceded by tragedy or high stress periods.

Sometimes it's just neurochemistry going wonky.
come on Toshi!

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9195 on: December 03, 2019, 05:13:36 AM »
literal calm before the storm.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9196 on: December 03, 2019, 07:41:35 AM »
Those fucking NDRRMC texts though...

fhtagn

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #9198 on: December 05, 2019, 09:48:14 AM »
he's the chosen one.
no, he's the appointed one :)

Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9199 on: December 05, 2019, 07:01:40 PM »
he's the chosen one.
no, he's the appointed one :)

my apologies for using an incorrect title. :lol: