Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 552219 times)

Online lahar

Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #9040 on: July 03, 2019, 02:29:57 PM »

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9041 on: July 03, 2019, 03:21:17 PM »
I'm watching that unfold rn

And I was wondering why Shaw was full of ambulances right up to Capitol Commons

fhtagn

Offline Heishiro

• Moderators
  • BIOMENYEKZ
« Reply #9042 on: July 03, 2019, 04:32:35 PM »
hmm... de-banned na ba talaga ako? LOL

I just discovered that I get "insta-banned" if I access this forum using a VPN with a U.S. based IP Address...
work around is to delete all cookies of "pinoypc.net", clear the browser's cache and log-in again.

tried that, same pa din eh.. ngayun naka log in ako, later nyan Banned na ulit
Rick "rolled" Astley would never :
- Give you up
- Let you down
- Run around and desert you
- Make you cry
- Say goodbye
- Tell a lie and hurt you

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #9043 on: July 18, 2019, 06:51:48 AM »
I rarely draw human figures but I wanted to join a fan art making contest for Mobile Legends.

This pic shows the improvements I got after a few hours of sketching.

Afterwards, I applied watercolor.

Not bad. The feedback I got from a female friend?

"Ganda ng singit."

:lol:

I am more into landscape, night sky and still life when it comes to watercolor. I enjoyed making the fan art and might go into drawing pinups as well.

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #9044 on: July 22, 2019, 09:37:42 AM »
health-related question:

lemonade has become a pretty popular beverage these days and there's a particular lemon place near the office (lemon stop) which even gives you the option to add mint leaves, ginger, cucumber slices, lemongrass, etc.  if i just get the plain lemonade or even the ones with added fresh ingredients and i specifically tell them not to add any sugar/honey...would that constitute a healthy drink?  case in point:  last week, i tried their lemon + ginger + lemongrass and said no sugar...so it was sour with a little kick from the ginger.  reason i'm asking is that i plan to ditch the iced coffee habit and just go for the plain lemonade or the little add-ons instead...again...always no sweetener/sugar and i can see how it's made so i know the stuff they're putting in.  thoughts?
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Online lahar

« Reply #9045 on: July 22, 2019, 10:05:02 AM »
health-related question:

lemonade has become a pretty popular beverage these days and there's a particular lemon place near the office (lemon stop) which even gives you the option to add mint leaves, ginger, cucumber slices, lemongrass, etc.  if i just get the plain lemonade or even the ones with added fresh ingredients and i specifically tell them not to add any sugar/honey...would that constitute a healthy drink?  case in point:  last week, i tried their lemon + ginger + lemongrass and said no sugar...so it was sour with a little kick from the ginger.  reason i'm asking is that i plan to ditch the iced coffee habit and just go for the plain lemonade or the little add-ons instead...again...always no sweetener/sugar and i can see how it's made so i know the stuff they're putting in.  thoughts?

Any reduction in sugar is good. I'm now taking plain black coffee (no sugar or cream). Pretty bitter but after a while you get used to it. Also limit myself to 1 cup a day.

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #9046 on: July 22, 2019, 05:06:26 PM »
for the past 6mos been drinking lemon + Honey + apple cider vinegar every morning when I wake up
& oh I use all what is lemon except the seed.
I boil 3 lemons @ 2 liters water in a pressure cooker for about 6 minutes which makes the lemon squishy
then I blender the softened lemon & mix it back to 2L of water   

then whole day sa office my water is either green tea or malunggay herbal tea which smells like piss lol
+ 1 cup of coffee @11am as a break fast
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Offline borgy_t

• financial advisor
« Reply #9047 on: July 24, 2019, 12:23:26 AM »
any suggestions for an NVME SSD for ultrabook? i am upgrading from a 256GB Toshiba X5G. looking at 512gb capacity only, and needs to be single-sided. Budget 4.5k max. thanks!
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | WD SN750 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | Logitech G102 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
fhtagn

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9049 on: August 06, 2019, 04:52:53 AM »
Bridgestone PH has a 3+1 tire promo until the end of the month

http://bridgestonetires.com.ph/3plus1/
fhtagn

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
fhtagn

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9051 on: August 10, 2019, 02:37:52 PM »
fhtagn

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #9052 on: August 10, 2019, 06:27:31 PM »
where there is trouble there's CIA, that's a given
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Online lahar

« Reply #9053 on: August 12, 2019, 06:55:01 PM »
Either I'm getting too old or the Philippines has mostly caught up (consumer tech-wise) with the rest of the world. Just got back from a conference in Singapore and got billeted at a hotel with walking distance to Sim Lim Square. Browsed around and none of the stuff they were selling appealed nor impressed me. Also found Gunpla in Singapore is expensive.

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #9054 on: August 12, 2019, 09:00:23 PM »
That's because consumer tech is plateauing.  And novelty is only reserved for the high end parts and even those aren't so spectacular given their marginal utility.
come on Toshi!

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9055 on: August 12, 2019, 09:28:22 PM »
^ Our toilet game has room for improvement! Layo pa nung Japanese and Korean toilets lolThere are a couple of companies importing the stuff either as full units or seat retrofit, but few homes, let alone establishments have them.
fhtagn

Online lahar

« Reply #9056 on: August 12, 2019, 09:50:30 PM »
That's because consumer tech is plateauing.  And novelty is only reserved for the high end parts and even those aren't so spectacular given their marginal utility.

I was thinking the ubiquity of e-commerce sites lically like Lazada and even Newegg and Amazon now delivering locally is also a factor.

^ Our toilet game has room for improvement! Layo pa nung Japanese and Korean toilets lolThere are a couple of companies importing the stuff either as full units or seat retrofit, but few homes, let alone establishments have them.

Yeah a bidet would be nice, some of my batchmates bought a complete bidet retrofit before they went home from Japan.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9057 on: August 14, 2019, 07:08:40 PM »
fhtagn

Online sandstig

• Administrator
« Reply #9058 on: August 15, 2019, 10:18:48 PM »
How a 'NULL' License Plate Landed One Hacker in Ticket Hell

https://www.wired.com/story/null-license-plate-landed-one-hacker-ticket-hell/

Offline splerdu