Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 485114 times)

Offline ris

Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #8680 on: November 04, 2018, 08:21:48 PM »
Which credit card has the lowest exchange rate if you're going to use it in the US? BPI? BDO? Visa/Mastercard?

dont just look for the exchange rate.  you should actually check the additional charges they put in.  definitely do not use citibank.  BDO, metrobank and BPI seems to give lower rates.  i think eastwest also gives good rates
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline calvin

« Reply #8681 on: November 05, 2018, 09:05:19 AM »
Which credit card has the lowest exchange rate if you're going to use it in the US? BPI? BDO? Visa/Mastercard?

dont just look for the exchange rate.  you should actually check the additional charges they put in.  definitely do not use citibank.  BDO, metrobank and BPI seems to give lower rates.  i think eastwest also gives good rates

CitiBank is ok as long as you keep up with the payment schedule for your purchases...
My MetroBank Mastercard CC has had no problems since I had it 25 years ago - it's been accepted in all the places I've been to, both local and international.

My most problematic card was a Visa CC from BDO... I have had to have it replaced twice because of unauthorized purchases from places that I've never been to. the charges were reversed but it took about 3 months before the amount was credited back. I eventually gave it up when CitiBank sent me a Visa Card (which was actually puzzling since I never applied for it).

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #8682 on: November 05, 2018, 12:10:18 PM »
My metrobank cc was probably skimmed at a restaurant or the staff copied the card details including the 3-digit CSC so I had several unauthorized purchases. I promptly had the card cancelled and Metrobank took about a month to investigate and reverse the charges.

So far BDO sends me SMS verification messages for every transaction above a certain amount which is nice. Never had a problem with BPI which I use the most.

Offline jester

• sowoneul marhaebwa
« Reply #8683 on: November 05, 2018, 08:19:43 PM »

I always try to use BPI, as they do have the lower exchange rate. Though I have never had problems with Citibank, as long as you pay on time.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #8684 on: November 06, 2018, 09:34:10 AM »
How about Debit Card? No prob with BPI when using both local and US.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline uvax

« Reply #8685 on: November 06, 2018, 10:44:25 AM »
How about Debit Card? No prob with BPI when using both local and US.

Frank Abagnale's advice was to never use debit cards - a hacker can empty your bank account with it and bank take forever before grudgingly return the money taken by fraud.

Offline motion55

« Reply #8686 on: November 06, 2018, 11:00:38 AM »
^^^For that reason I don't use my BPI debit/credit cards for online purchases. Instead I use Paymaya and load it just enough for my immediate need.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline calvin

« Reply #8687 on: November 06, 2018, 04:17:56 PM »
^^^For that reason I don't use my BPI debit/credit cards for online purchases. Instead I use Paymaya and load it just enough for my immediate need.

My MetroBank Mastercard CC has a security PIN code that is sent by SMS whenever I do online purchases...
then a confirmation email and text message is also sent when the transaction is successful.
for "Chinese" and "Russian" marketplace transactions, I use PayPal.

Offline borgy_t

• jobless
« Reply #8688 on: November 06, 2018, 04:37:32 PM »
+1 this is what i do too
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline ris

« Reply #8689 on: November 07, 2018, 05:29:16 AM »

CitiBank is ok as long as you keep up with the payment schedule for your purchases...
My MetroBank Mastercard CC has had no problems since I had it 25 years ago - it's been accepted in all the places I've been to, both local and international.

My most problematic card was a Visa CC from BDO... I have had to have it replaced twice because of unauthorized purchases from places that I've never been to. the charges were reversed but it took about 3 months before the amount was credited back. I eventually gave it up when CitiBank sent me a Visa Card (which was actually puzzling since I never applied for it).

i find citibank's rates higher than our local banks.  cause his question was  which bank has the lowest exchange rates. even by just looking at their "posted" rates, its already higher.  thats excluding the "current exchange rate" that they write.  it think citibank charges and additional 3.5% on top of the exchange rate while our other banks charge 2.5% or even lower.  tapos mas maganda pa promos ng local banks natin.  pag bumili ka ng 3k may 100php gc ka na pwedeng makuha.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #8690 on: November 07, 2018, 09:23:26 AM »
on the hand i really hate those banks giving freebies for customers with credit cards. never gave your cc details with them otherwise they will made unauthorized purchase with your cc. cuz me hundreds just to replace my cc.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline ris

« Reply #8691 on: November 07, 2018, 08:36:52 PM »
on the hand i really hate those banks giving freebies for customers with credit cards. never gave your cc details with them otherwise they will made unauthorized purchase with your cc. cuz me hundreds just to replace my cc.

confusing...

Offline jojitb

• http://
« Reply #8692 on: November 07, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »
thanks for the inputs guys. I guess I'll just stick with my BPI

Offline calvin

« Reply #8693 on: November 08, 2018, 02:08:31 AM »
International and domestic flights scheduled in the middle of November have been canceled as the government enhances the air navigational system.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/serbisyopubliko/transportation/673901/canceled-flights-for-november-due-to-air-navigation-system-upgrade/story/

Offline motion55

« Reply #8694 on: November 08, 2018, 09:31:23 AM »
^^^Equivalent to "reblocking" sa EDSA at C5.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #8695 on: November 08, 2018, 03:14:39 PM »
^ I think a better analogy would be switching off traffic lights at a bunch of major intersections and having no enforcers.

The baffling thing is how they didn't have the schedule for this worked out well in advance so travelers and airlines were able to plan around it.
fhtagn

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #8696 on: November 09, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPh0VsKvMQQ
6:40 "It would take at least 10 average Filipino women to make 1 average American breast."

not sure if that's useful but knowledge is power, so they say. :lol:

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #8697 on: November 10, 2018, 09:15:32 AM »
Wow! Schools are doing ESPORTS now?
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/9vlurf/saw_someone_else_post_their_schools_esports_room/

ESPORTS room at State University of New York Canton
fhtagn

Offline borgy_t

• jobless
« Reply #8698 on: November 10, 2018, 11:12:20 AM »
^dami pera diyan e hehe
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline borgy_t

• jobless
« Reply #8699 on: November 10, 2018, 01:51:03 PM »
just converted all my disks into GPT! it was a pain because my data SSD (1TB) was still on MBR, and only my 1TB HDD has enough space to back it up. It took me 2 hours to transfer 640GB to my HDD and just converted my data SSD to GPT. now copying the 640GB back to the SSD from the HDD... 12 hours to go :D