Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 588960 times)

Offline waway

• swabeng unggoy
    • blog kuno
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #9560 on: June 22, 2020, 03:17:40 PM »
that's good to hear, I haven't paid or gotten any bill since the quarantine started started, hopefully when I do get my bill I can pay it through regular channels and not have to go to a meralco office

Offline altec

« Reply #9561 on: June 26, 2020, 02:34:45 PM »
Lakas makaubos ng RAM pag multi tabs ang isang browser. (I only got 8GB to work with.) Tapos scroll down ng vids sa facebook. Nagbla blackout laptop ko tapos babalik. Or i think the RAM is the reason for that. Pag bagong bukas lagpas ~4gb na agad ang ginagamit ng win10.

Maka online shopping nga kung magkano 16gb RAM for a laptop... Ano magandang brand ba?

-----

Ah atsaka apat pala yung browser na naka install. Ano recco niyong dapat kong tanggalin? Or to put it in other words, anong browser gamit nyo?
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Online lahar

« Reply #9562 on: June 26, 2020, 02:37:19 PM »
Ok with the recent announcement of DepEd and CHED for schools to conduct remote learning, I got a few inquiries from parents whose kids gave specs for PCs that are clearly over-specced for what schools are likely to ask.I may not be well-versed in current  PCs but some are clearly gaming PCs.

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #9563 on: June 26, 2020, 06:42:19 PM »
Substitute any recommended GPU with a gt710 and lol.
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9564 on: June 27, 2020, 08:15:03 PM »
may nakagamit na ba sa inyo nito? salamat!

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/ledstar-k28-gaming-keyboard-backlit-mechanical-87-keys-colorful-led-keyboard-i585708218-s1600546541.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.2.78af53afeWitzV&search=1

mukhang maganda pero not sure ako sa quality. nagloloko na CM Storm Mechanical keyboard ko pag naka on LED. nagdidisconnect. pag di naka on LED ok naman kaso di ko kita keys pag madilim.

Tried using your CM storm on a different USB port or PC? The port you're using might no longer be supplying enough power when it's lit causing the disconnect.
sorry for the late reply. i had to wait for a friend to bring me his extra keyboard just in case i can't fix my keybord when i turn on the LED. i tried activating the LED when i had my PSU fixed recently and the keyboard went crazy (blinking lights, reconnect/disconnect).

so he brought me his KB this morning and i tried activating the LED light and it was fine. maybe the problem is intermittent. hopefully it would be months before the problem surfaces again.

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9565 on: July 01, 2020, 10:31:30 PM »
Rolled back W10 2004. It was causing all kinds of crashes in Firefox, plus the occasional page fault in Chrome.

Problem now is I upgraded SQL Management Studio after installing 2004. After rolling back to my previous build Management Studio is fubar. Trying to re-install doesn't work because it's trying to uninstall an earlier build of SQL Native Client which doesn't exist anymore because the most recent version of Management Studio upgraded it.

Older versions of SQL Native Client and Visual Studio are listed in Programs, but can't be uninstalled or upgraded from because they're not actually there. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a restore of the OS drive. Good thing I did a full backup before updating to 2004.
fhtagn

Offline motion55

« Reply #9566 on: July 02, 2020, 09:36:28 AM »
^^^I moved to the new Edge browser instead. I've had some issues accessing some web sites lately on Chrome.

It could be some Microsoft dirty trick to coax people to migrate.
"Set your mind free!"

Online lahar

« Reply #9567 on: July 02, 2020, 05:08:42 PM »
^^^I moved to the new Edge browser instead. I've had some issues accessing some web sites lately on Chrome.

It could be some Microsoft dirty trick to coax people to migrate.

Edge is actually pretty good now.

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #9568 on: July 03, 2020, 09:51:40 AM »
Lakas makaubos ng RAM pag multi tabs ang isang browser. (I only got 8GB to work with.) Tapos scroll down ng vids sa facebook. Nagbla blackout laptop ko tapos babalik. Or i think the RAM is the reason for that. Pag bagong bukas lagpas ~4gb na agad ang ginagamit ng win10.

Maka online shopping nga kung magkano 16gb RAM for a laptop... Ano magandang brand ba?

-----

Ah atsaka apat pala yung browser na naka install. Ano recco niyong dapat kong tanggalin? Or to put it in other words, anong browser gamit nyo?

I use firefox, 4 brave browser profiles and chrome and I normally open in the upwards of 60 browser tabs each day (WFH) and I also have 8gb of DDR4 2133 (oced to  3200mhz) ram. When I open all tabs, I still have around 2gb of ram free, unless firefox takes a dump, then I see ram usage go up to 7.7gb of ram so I shut down FF then open it again, ram goes back to 5+gb usage and browsing feels faster again.

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #9569 on: July 03, 2020, 10:21:41 AM »
for the rest of the system I use, it is a ryzen 3 1200 and GPU is an R7 370 4GB.

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9570 on: July 03, 2020, 03:34:26 PM »
I think it's probably facebook + infinite scroll that's killing it.

I also have 8GB RAM on my work laptop and it seems to stay responsive enough. Currently at 3.8GB used despite Firefox sitting at 77 open tabs and a Zoom meeting active. I don't even shut it down, just hibernate everytime it's time to switch off.

fhtagn

Offline calvin

« Reply #9571 on: July 05, 2020, 09:42:22 AM »
Rolled back W10 2004. It was causing all kinds of crashes in Firefox, plus the occasional page fault in Chrome.

Problem now is I upgraded SQL Management Studio after installing 2004. After rolling back to my previous build Management Studio is fubar. Trying to re-install doesn't work because it's trying to uninstall an earlier build of SQL Native Client which doesn't exist anymore because the most recent version of Management Studio upgraded it.

Older versions of SQL Native Client and Visual Studio are listed in Programs, but can't be uninstalled or upgraded from because they're not actually there. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a restore of the OS drive. Good thing I did a full backup before updating to 2004.

Malwarebytes (and probably other 3rd party security apps) is also not completely compatible with 2004...
I have to disable "Web Protection" if I'm running torrents...
I also have to disable "Ransomware" if I need to run a VPN client...

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #9572 on: July 06, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9573 on: July 06, 2020, 12:44:46 PM »
Germany FTW lol!
https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-dont-wear-deodorant-says-berlins-transport-company/a-54036674

Deodorant is banned to promote social distancing and encourage proper mask wear.
fhtagn

Offline motion55

« Reply #9574 on: July 06, 2020, 01:26:06 PM »
^^^They should also ban mouth wash. If you can smell the bad breath, the virus is also in range.
"Set your mind free!"

Online WallyWest

« Reply #9575 on: July 07, 2020, 09:18:53 AM »
With ABS-CBN going off air, I decided to re-scan the channels on my Mahiwagang Black Box. Something bugs me though...

Once a week, we use the TV box for televised Sunday mass and I notice that every week the channels move around particularly TV 5 and GMA 7. Like last Sunday, I couldn't find GMA 7 at its usual channel. After re-scanning, it now occupies Channel 1 (ABS-CBN's old channel). TV 5 has several test broadcast channels all showing the same content.

Are't there any standards/guidelines about changing channels for digital broadcasts? I mean, it's like these TV stations just freely move their content around wherever and whenever they like.

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #9576 on: July 07, 2020, 11:16:38 AM »
You need to re-scan to get Channel 7, as they have been broadcasting this for sometime now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCJF1x3UkqI

Are't there any standards/guidelines about changing channels for digital broadcasts? I mean, it's like these TV stations just freely move their content around wherever and whenever they like.
I think they need some amount of time and public notification before they change, although I think they only notified around 1-2weeks before the change.
jeremypv

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9577 on: July 10, 2020, 11:50:29 AM »
Guys, may reputable seller ng Crucial MX 500 ba sa Lazada? May nakita ako from Reboot Storage at Innolead pero no idea ako kung matino yung sellers. Salamat!

Bili ako bagong SSD kasi luma na Crucial MX300 ko at mukhang madami nang games ang nagrurun under Linux kaya try ko uli. Pop OS gusto kong subukan.
  :lol:

--edit--

since franchise renewal of abs cbn is rejected, is there anything in Lazada that i can buy to enable our dumb TV (with USB ports) to receive wifi signal and play youtube for ABS CBN News?

Offline motion55

« Reply #9578 on: July 10, 2020, 06:23:10 PM »
Guys, may reputable seller ng Crucial MX 500 ba sa Lazada? May nakita ako from Reboot Storage at Innolead pero no idea ako kung matino yung sellers. Salamat!

Bili ako bagong SSD kasi luma na Crucial MX300 ko at mukhang madami nang games ang nagrurun under Linux kaya try ko uli. Pop OS gusto kong subukan.
  :lol:

--edit--

since franchise renewal of abs cbn is rejected, is there anything in Lazada that i can buy to enable our dumb TV (with USB ports) to receive wifi signal and play youtube for ABS CBN News?

Are you looking for M.2 form factor drives?  MX500 is Sata. You should also consider Crucial P1 which is the faster NVMe. If your motherboard has no M.2 slot you still buy PCIe adapters for them. Even ancient motherboards support them.

Chromecast dongles for HDMI.

"Set your mind free!"

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9579 on: July 10, 2020, 07:36:50 PM »
Are you looking for M.2 form factor drives?  MX500 is Sata. You should also consider Crucial P1 which is the faster NVMe. If your motherboard has no M.2 slot you still buy PCIe adapters for them. Even ancient motherboards support them.

Chromecast dongles for HDMI.
I think MX500 which is SATA should suit me even if my mobo has M.2 slot. I am actually eyeing the 250 GB capacity, the lowest one. I could go for higher but considering horror stories of people getting not what they ordered online, I would rather buy a higher end PC part when I can shop at physical stores again. It should still be a nice upgrade from ng 120 GB Crucial MX300.

I'll check our dumb TV tomorrow if it has HDMI.

My dad is a strong guy, but I saw his shoulders slump when he learned that he might not be able to watch ABS CBN News on TV anymore.

PS: Is it possible to connect an Android phone to the TV to stream YT videos instead? I have a spare phone.