Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 597881 times)

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #8060 on: January 15, 2018, 09:02:00 AM »
wifey got a  new contract online... increasing our work force to 30+ employees. happy freelancing!
cool! in what field & which website?

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #8061 on: January 15, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
wifey got a  new contract online... increasing our work force to 30+ employees. happy freelancing!
cool! in what field & which website?

upwork.com
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline ris

« Reply #8062 on: January 15, 2018, 10:00:54 PM »

2.2kW power supply!

para saan ito?

wala nang F8 sa windows 10 diba? unless you tell to reboot into safe mode/recovery previously?
EDIT: i remembered older AMD procs nga pala yung mainly affected nito, i doubt they'll be running win10 haha

so i updated my amd rig with the KB4056892 update.  still able to boot windows.  seems my processor is not affected.  i just took the risk and updated anyway.  im on kaveri/godavari apu btw.
good for you boss. i read that athlon/sempron processors were some of the affected procs.

yeah.  it was really exciting.  lolz!  hopefully there is no problem with the update.  win10 updates already messed up quite a lot of my settings.  my taskbar still keeps on resizing randomly and sometimes there is a driver update that would not finish which prevents my start menu from popping up
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline ris

« Reply #8063 on: January 15, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »
kulit ng mga android apps.  every update nag enable sila ng auto start.  very sneaky...

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #8064 on: January 15, 2018, 11:31:45 PM »
para saan ito?

Mining, i'd guess.
fhtagn

Offline calvin

« Reply #8065 on: January 16, 2018, 12:45:40 AM »
kulit ng mga android apps.  every update nag enable sila ng auto start.  very sneaky...

which apps are these?

bakit parang wala sa akin?

Offline ris

« Reply #8066 on: January 16, 2018, 05:06:40 AM »

which apps are these?

bakit parang wala sa akin?

musixmatch
3c toolbox

not sure with these but i kept them enabled now.  forgot if i disabled them before and they were enabled every update

twitch
booky
instagram

Offline AJ

• sudo make me a sandwich
« Reply #8067 on: January 16, 2018, 07:00:00 AM »
a bit frustrated with my Synology NAS setups + PLEX.

So last christmas, I bought a Synology DS418Play NAS. I have planned to migrate my RPi2+KODI libraby into the NAS. My previous setup was quite limiting especially with the newer HEVC x265 encodes.
Synology marketed this NAS saying it supports x265 encodes. The caveat was that PLEX is not able to use the hardware acceleration of NAS unless user has PLEX Pass. It's a trap!
So either use the native DS Video app of NAS to play x265 or continue on with Plex but with x264.
And the DS Video app is so freakin' ugly. It's like a first beta release of plex/kodi/xbmc.

I'll probably stick with Plex and x264 and pray to the gods that plex will give away the hardware acceleration for free in the future.

Offline ris

« Reply #8068 on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:07 AM »
add ko na din pala sa list yung opera and opera mini.  nag enable ng auto start after every update

Offline uvax

« Reply #8069 on: January 16, 2018, 07:46:31 AM »
a bit frustrated with my Synology NAS setups + PLEX.

So last christmas, I bought a Synology DS418Play NAS. I have planned to migrate my RPi2+KODI libraby into the NAS. My previous setup was quite limiting especially with the newer HEVC x265 encodes.
Synology marketed this NAS saying it supports x265 encodes. The caveat was that PLEX is not able to use the hardware acceleration of NAS unless user has PLEX Pass. It's a trap!
So either use the native DS Video app of NAS to play x265 or continue on with Plex but with x264.
And the DS Video app is so freakin' ugly. It's like a first beta release of plex/kodi/xbmc.

I'll probably stick with Plex and x264 and pray to the gods that plex will give away the hardware acceleration for free in the future.

Since you're using Kodi you don't need really Plex to serve up your media files. I have a DS416 and my Minix U1 plays my media library using mounted network shares. X265 files plays just fine. The problem with your setup is that the RPi2 cannot natively play X265 files so you need the NAS to transcode it for you through PLEX. I am not a fan of transcoding as it will likely reduce the resolution of your video files down to something that your player can handle. You might as well upgrade your RPi2 to something that can handle x265 natively so you don't need to transcode.

Online Mr. Bungle

« Reply #8070 on: January 16, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »
^ agreed. I donít use my nas for hardware video decoding. Instead, I set it up so that itís done client side with a software decode fallback for unsupported formats. Works for me.

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #8071 on: January 16, 2018, 09:45:42 AM »
Hahaha this brings a certain memory to mind. I have a problem with x software in Windows XP. Reinstall Windows XP.

Offline lahar

« Reply #8072 on: January 16, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »
Hahaha this brings a certain memory to mind. I have a problem with x software in Windows XP. Reinstall Windows XP.

Those were the old PPC days.

Offline AJ

« Reply #8073 on: January 16, 2018, 04:43:45 PM »

Those were the old PPC days.

yeah. it's a vicious cycle.

babalik at babalik ka rin.

Offline AJ

« Reply #8074 on: January 16, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »

^ agreed. I donít use my nas for hardware video decoding. Instead, I set it up so that itís done client side with a software decode fallback for unsupported formats. Works for me.

sigh. will likely look for an android client next.

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #8075 on: January 16, 2018, 05:21:39 PM »
You can stream x265 to a chromecast ultra (supports x265 decoding) by casting from a chrome browser window accessing the plex server (free) or casting from the plex mobile app (cheaper than buying plex pass).

<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #8076 on: January 16, 2018, 08:30:46 PM »
guys, may mairerecommend ba kayo na gumagawa ng calling cards sa may makati to ortigas areas? salamat!

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed

Offline sandstig

• Administrator