Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 611120 times)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #10040 on: December 31, 2020, 11:02:45 PM »
fhtagn

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #10041 on: January 04, 2021, 10:38:44 PM »
Kumiko 
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline borgy_t

• financial advisor
« Reply #10042 on: January 04, 2021, 10:52:25 PM »
auggh why did i buy new keyboard switches
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | WD SN750 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | Logitech G102 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #10043 on: January 05, 2021, 09:34:58 PM »
Guys, meron bang "supermarket" sa Lazada kung saan pwede mag order ng ingredients gaya ng sun dried tomatoes, olives, capers, etc? Yung one stop lang. Salamat!

Offline lahar

« Reply #10046 on: January 07, 2021, 06:06:26 AM »
Attempted coup by Trump

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #10047 on: January 08, 2021, 08:37:41 AM »
WiFi6 seems good enough to replace the cables. (speed around 5meters away from router with line of sight)

jeremypv

Offline lahar

« Reply #10048 on: January 08, 2021, 01:01:00 PM »
The aim of this paper is to describe the key tactical lessons the Australian Army can learn from the AFoPís urban siege of Marawi City. Consideration of these lessons may inform and improve the Australian Armyís current approach to the force generation of close combat, combined-arms capabilities. It will identify the key tactical lessons learned by the AFoP fighting an intelligent, determined, disciplined and well-equipped terrorist threat in the extraordinarily difficult, intense and complicated terrain.

THE BATTLE OF MARAWI: SMALL TEAM LESSONS LEARNED FOR THE CLOSE FIGHT.

https://cove.army.gov.au/article/the-battle-marawi-small-team-lessons-learned-the-close-fight?fbclid=IwAR3EZoF2Q9DVxjgvkjGMcv7yXFjZtDasRrEdX8Pd8k2VenrIP-8ucHpsW_c

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #10049 on: January 08, 2021, 02:08:56 PM »
WiFi6 seems good enough to replace the cables. (speed around 5meters away from router with line of sight)

High-speed WiFi is impressive indeed.

In my case, I was able to saturate the gigabit ethernet connection between the WiFi router and NAS while transferring files from a WiFi connected PC.

The only drawback for me is the noticeable online gaming latency due to WiFi network overhead which is why I've gone back to wired LAN for the main gaming rig.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #10050 on: January 14, 2021, 07:37:32 AM »

1) Looks like OLED monitors are finally coming!

2) Bet it'll be a while before they're affordable, though...

fhtagn

Offline sandstig

• Administrator
« Reply #10051 on: January 14, 2021, 07:42:18 AM »

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #10052 on: January 15, 2021, 12:51:43 AM »
dang! I found myself watching a few hours of zwiling knives after I've used a replica that cut's through ginger like butter! lol

Offline JM

« Reply #10053 on: January 15, 2021, 07:56:48 AM »
zwilling knives? Once you go there alongside japanese knives, you simply cannot go back. On another note, their single line from India are not bad at all given the price.

Offline wheelee

« Reply #10054 on: January 15, 2021, 09:58:47 AM »
zwilling knives? Once you go there alongside japanese knives, you simply cannot go back. On another note, their single line from India are not bad at all given the price.
yes your right, its so much fun - not sure if that's the appropriate word - cutting meat & veggies using a zwilling "like" knife. Very few effort when cutting compared to my previous generic knife. I hope it's not addictive
 B)
BTW the chopping knife has a long pinging sound when you hit it compared to a thud on my generic. What does it mean when a metal pings?

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #10055 on: January 15, 2021, 10:15:11 AM »
I am a home cook but I am still afraid of using overly sharp knives lol. I do sharpen my knife with a whetstone every month and sharpening steel every few days. I don't want one that could cut my finger off completely.

Oh, and here's an original recipe of mine I posted yesterday: breaded chicken patties with home-made gravy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKBcPihhKCF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Offline Heishiro

• Moderators
  • BIOMENYEKZ
« Reply #10056 on: January 15, 2021, 10:08:02 PM »
dami ko pang bakasyon nung 2020 ngayun 2021 na, ang daming bakasyon pero di naman makauwi  :(
Rick "rolled" Astley would never :
- Give you up
- Let you down
- Run around and desert you
- Make you cry
- Say goodbye
- Tell a lie and hurt you

Offline altec

« Reply #10057 on: January 16, 2021, 12:32:37 AM »
Zwilling saw the writing on the wall years ago. That is why they have the miyabi line. There's a stand alone store in megamall (or at least that was the case till a couple 'o years ago.) Googling says abenson  is the local distro. https://www.zwilling.com/us/miyabi/

The japanese approach to kitchen knives is to leave it harder (for all its faults and advantages.) The harder steel doesn't suffer fools gladly, more for pros and pro-consumers. When i was a young pup, I was so proud after spending my saved allowance on a zwilling and another brand that was swiss, available at santi's- but they do not hold a candle to the japanese stuff =/.

------
@Wheelee, as for the thud vs. the ring/pinging sound, the latter often suggests sound construction or integrity to most things...

surface grinder wheels? Ring test: https://youtu.be/NDtL4gisZYo?t=125
Cast parts? Ring test: https://youtu.be/W6CumbyZC0k?t=5
A fable but zatoichi's sword? Ring test: https://youtu.be/6kgkaX2ySYw?t=203
If a guitar doesn't reverb on your hands like it used to before, a glue line failure or a wood crack developed somewhere... and so on and so forth.

But having said that... i'll take a guess that your knife may thudd even tho it doesn't have a crack. It's the handles, not being one with the rest of the knife. One of the rivets may not be snug, the epoxy may have failed... I remember one conscientious knifemaker telling the guys in a forum to peen the rivets nicely to the scales till it rings.

Some links with some babe content tho:

A guitarrera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm0N4JYjDnQ
A japanese mom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3vZV2qbgEk
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Offline wheelee

« Reply #10058 on: January 18, 2021, 09:21:10 AM »
dami ko pang bakasyon nung 2020 ngayun 2021 na, ang daming bakasyon pero di naman makauwi  :(

hahaha pinoproblema din namin yung mga AL namin can you believe it 2019 pa itong AL na gagamitin ko ngayon. dapat Dec2020 expired na sya pero niextend ng HR namin till March 2021. Buro sa bahay, still have 12days from 2019

Offline wheelee

« Reply #10059 on: January 18, 2021, 09:28:21 AM »
@altec
thanks for those info, my knowledge base has been increased once again! Very nice info. i've been searching the net about the pinging sound of a knife/ sword but could hardly find any concrete answer, all I get are IP address lol

BTW  when you where a young pup, what got you interested with the Zwilling?