Author Topic: What Did You Buy Today?  (Read 749475 times)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
Re: What Did You Buy Today?
« Reply #9300 on: November 15, 2018, 07:30:49 PM »
970 Evo 500GB version is also teh cheap at Newegg right now.
fhtagn

Offline borgy_t

• jobless
« Reply #9301 on: November 15, 2018, 08:04:11 PM »
^i wish i never looked at it. nakakatempt bwisettttt hahahaha jobless pa ko! lol
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9302 on: November 16, 2018, 04:11:30 PM »
lol I had it in my cart yesterday, then office internet fucked up just as I was gonna checkout

That said, exchange rate should get even better (OFWs + Christmas) so Newegg will deals will only get sweeter, right up until Trump's tariffs roll in.
fhtagn

Offline ris

« Reply #9303 on: Today at 06:55:53 PM »
The question is, do they perform? Do they feel good? This is putting aside "moralistic" issues. If the replicas are 80% as good as the genuine article, that would be funny.

I personally use and follow the power tool market and fakes are just trash. Too much vibration on grinders, drills goes kaput too easily when given a challenge, unsafe and overrated batteries on cordless tools.

Makita, Hitachi or Bosch is the way to go. Goes beyond price of ownership, you can really feel the refinement in, say, Sanders.

Point is, you really get what you pay for... Sneakers however are way over priced for what they are methinks.

OT: ilocano special bibingka from an ilocos bazaar in a mall.

there are instances where replicas do actually perform better than the fakes.  its usually depends on what the product is.  i have bought replicas and fakes on the same product and there are times when the fakes would outlast the originals.  it depends also if you could live with the lower quality the fakes.  there are trade offs at times but if you could live with it i think they are worth it. 
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research