Author Topic: Perpetual Car Thread  (Read 710676 times)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
Re: Perpetual Car Thread
« Reply #7080 on: December 19, 2019, 06:35:24 PM »
Any recommended place to get cloudy plastic headlights restored?
fhtagn

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #7081 on: December 30, 2019, 10:53:07 PM »
I found a guy in Facebook a couple of years back that did home service. He brought a heat gun and re-sealed the headlights. Didn't last too long, though. Something about the plastic getting cloudy because of the heat of halogens, I guess.

Does anyone know if the 2016 Brio has compatible parts from other cars? I may need to replace the driver side axle on mine. I am hearing knocking sounds on full left lock when doing u-turns.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #7083 on: January 09, 2020, 08:48:30 AM »
I found a guy in Facebook a couple of years back that did home service. He brought a heat gun and re-sealed the headlights. Didn't last too long, though. Something about the plastic getting cloudy because of the heat of halogens, I guess.

Does anyone know if the 2016 Brio has compatible parts from other cars? I may need to replace the driver side axle on mine. I am hearing knocking sounds on full left lock when doing u-turns.

Did he spray the headlights with clearcoat afterwards? I read you're supposed to do that because the buffing process takes away a UV-protective layer that used to be on there.
fhtagn

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #7084 on: January 09, 2020, 10:24:08 PM »
kelangan talaga isprayan yan ng clear coat after buffing and polishing the plastic, uv-resistant if possible to protect the plastic.