Author Topic: How to reduce your tummy?  (Read 110730 times)

^tomato^

How to reduce your tummy?
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2002, 10:24:16 PM »

You are missing a point.

YOU CANT "fill" what you don't have... COMPOUND EXERCISES..targets LARGER MUSCLE GROUPS...and does some on little muscle parts...

Benchpresses DO NOT always target the center chest, primarily because of skeletal structure, hand positioning,cheating and the likes.

My example above shows that TRAIN FIRST WITH SIMPLE EXERCISES...you CANNOT build a front deltoid and center deltoid etc. if you DO NOT HAVE A BASE STRUCTURE...

that is why there is a reason why SQUATS are important...ooops did i mention squats?  YEP because it trains a huge muscle group, congruently when developed, all other muscle groups grow huge (Taking into consideration again,genes)  

Edited by ^tomato^ on 2002-09-28 22:24:57

^tomato^

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2002, 10:28:49 PM »
When you train your chest and back ---YOU DEVELOP YOUR ARMS ALREADY.

When you lose fat, you SHOW your abs already (NOW WAS THERE ANY SITUPS?) surely there was not.  Remember the kargador,peons at vulcanizers..no situps no crunches.

^tomato^

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2002, 10:30:32 PM »
Moreover, in arms there is a peak that we reach, predisposed by our genes...so say we reach a 16 inch arms, even if we increase poundage or sessions..WE WILL NOT GROW kasi yun lang talaga ang sa katawan natin..unless you use STEROIDS.  IT works well and KILLS well too!

Offline MRBLOODZAK

• Semi-Newbie
  • *nix rules
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2002, 12:49:18 AM »
For me ok na yung s3xercise.. besides it burns you a lot of calorie though .. it burns your butt too :-(

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2002, 05:56:15 AM »
WOW! this is getting to be a good read! hmmm it could turn into a Excercise/ Diet book, i wonder what title it should be? anyway heres my routine in the gym:

1. Few streches, then slow jog, 6 to 8.5 kph, for 45mins.

2. Abcrunch, 4 set @ 10times/set

3. shoulder/ chest work out 70 to 90lbs., 3 set

4. legpress 3 sets

5. StairMaster 15mins, this is a killer!

6. Steam/ Heat room @ 10 to 20 mins..

anything I should change or can this help to reduce my tummy :-)
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Offline pnoyboyx5

• http://sialdon.multiply.com
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2002, 06:26:31 AM »
if one wants to see some abs, one must lower their body fat percentage. I forgot what the ideal was. If some of you out there want some guides or faqs on being fit or building/toning muscles, go to www.bodybuilding.com. It helped me.

that is why there is a reason why SQUATS are important...ooops did i mention squats? YEP because it trains a huge muscle group, congruently when developed, all other muscle groups grow huge (Taking into consideration again,genes)

that's because when one does squats, the arms and other muscles are involved (ie. the arms) by isometric. There are three types of excerise for resistance training.

1.Isometric

2.Isokinetic, and

3.Isotonic

Edited by pnoyboyx5 on 2002-09-29 06:32:48

^tomato^

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2002, 08:24:10 PM »
wheelee,

You are doing fine, but try to lessen your jog from 45 to 25 mins.  You need just a warm up before you start your bodybuilding regimen...

You may end up exhausted if you try doing hardcore lifting later on (WHEN you HAVE FINALLY INCREASED POUNDAGES)

And YES you may find your abs appearing maybe 6 mos. from now..but be cautious enough to vary your routines once in a while...

HAPPY EXERCISING!

Offline wheelee

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2002, 09:36:56 AM »
thanks, will try to change routine from time to time....heres another question:

Do you have to loose Fat first then build up the Muscle

or

Do you build up the muscle while still fat then loosing the fat in the process?

taonglobo

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2002, 05:13:26 PM »
U want a real healthy deal, Try to get into sports, thats it!!!

I personally chose martial arts and man, now not only did i lose weight, i can also kick some ass!!!

To the ones who are interested at the abstronics look alike thing named Absgymnic, get in touch with me at cell no. 0916-9298707, txt me info bout u, name, nick on ppc, location, contact no

taonglobo

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2002, 05:15:32 PM »
judex, icant reply at pm, put yung cell no. here or, txt me at the number above

Offline baron

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2002, 01:48:12 AM »
my opinions: ketonic diet does work, but its very hard to maintain it. i tried it before, i lost ~5 lbs in a week (while lifting weights). I stopped it coz i wanna eat yang chow and focacia. it might be a good way to jumpstart losing weight.

limit your weight lifting to once a week per body part. your body needs to recover the lost muscle and it only grows whenever you rest. but you must still do your cardio.

isotonic exercises is said to be the fastest muscle builder these days, according to some magazines and books. this is a bit weird coz i grew up with the notion the you should always go for free weights and greatest range of motion. but i'll try it soon and tell you if its effective.

wheelee: if i may comment on your routine, warm up first before stretching, and not the other way around. and you lose fat while gaining muscle, though how much would depend on your routine.

Offline wheelee

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2002, 08:34:50 PM »
Sure thing baron, comments & suggestions is what we need here so that we can have results! So you mean that though one is fat, although i'm not really that fat just have a BIG tummy, he can directly go to body building & loose that fat in the process? Coz i've seen some guys who already build up theire muscles(chest & arms) but the Tummy is still big!

BTW what's the ideal Isotonic diet/ excercise?

^tomato^

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2002, 08:51:59 PM »
Tummy is big because of its adaptation to HUGE intake of food.  Lessen the intake and the stomach reacts accordingly..

We see some guys who bodybuild but still haz big tummy because they have only undergone the process of developing muscles and NOT eradicating unwanted FAT.

Aerobic training is what you need if you want to shed those FAT, but do it only after achieving a BASE STRUCTURE, because like it or not when we diet or tryo to tone down, not only FAT sheds off but also MUSCLE we worked so hard for so it is pertinent that we TRY not to lose SO MUCH muscle in the process of losing FAT.

Martial Arts can be a good way to lose pounds BUT AGAIN, depends on your routine..must be active all the time,changing of movements and routines.

^tomato^

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2002, 03:54:01 AM »
Oh another thing=== TOO MUCH COMPUTER can make you FAT !! hahahaha

Offline wheelee

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2002, 11:09:39 PM »
Oh another thing=== TOO MUCH COMPUTER can make you FAT !! hahahaha

Computer=11hrs.

Excercise=2

Sleep= 5

Etc.=6 (not computer related)

total=24hrs. :-/

Edited by wheelee on 2002-10-01 23:10:15

t0ugh_giRL

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2002, 12:37:36 AM »
sit-ups is the best way to loose your tummy. o kaya naman mag-aral ka ng programming

OT: ako problema ko? gusto kong magkalaman ng kahit konti pa. o kahit yung sa pisngi ko na lang madagdagan ng laman. my weight before when i was a teenager di pa rin nagbago, ganun pa rin ang weight ko. dati kc akong chubby, pero ngayon grabe daw pinayat ko- sori but i'm not taking drugs]]] tough girl nga eh hindi bad girl ; )

Offline wheelee

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2002, 08:20:08 AM »
t0ugh_giRL, did you try vitamins or supplements? Gaya ng sinabi ng iba kuminsan ay nasa Genes daw yun, ano bang suot mong jeans ngayon hahaha j/l.... ;-)

CoolHumv

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2002, 08:30:30 AM »
The proven technique to reduce your tummy is have your orthodontist put braces on your teeth!  5 years ago I had a braces.  It only took me a month to realize that I have lossen 15lbs!  I have been eating only soup for that month though!  It really hurts to bite!  hehehehe lol!

Offline zeon

• Administrator
  • Semi-Newbie
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2002, 10:33:25 AM »
You said it, CoolHumv.  I remember trying to eat a Big Mac right after my dentist replaced the metal thingy with titanium.  Ouch.

Offline bastich

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2002, 10:47:01 AM »
or you can chew but dont swallow ..
dont eat the yellow snow