Author Topic: How to reduce your tummy?  (Read 108764 times)

judex

How to reduce your tummy?
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2002, 09:09:41 AM »
hmmmm..... mukhang ready na ata tayong magdyeta???

who wants to start their diet on monday???

monitor natin ang isat-isa, game na ba kayo??? walang dayaan ha...

i'm 5'5.5, 185lbs... ideal weight ko is 135-145lbs. mukhang marami-rami ang kakaltasin ko ha... :)

FASTING??? game ako dyan, coz end na ng sem next week, ready na ako...

taonglobo

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2002, 10:33:43 AM »
basta may "water cooling system" (malamig na inumin) ka, kaya yan hehehehe, dagdagan mo na ring ng "heatsink" (Taong makulit or joker) para walang mainit ang ulo, tapos pag medyo sanay na tayo sa exercise, unti unti nating i "overclock" (step up the pace), tapos take tayo ng picture para nde lang sa "memory" (alaala) natin nakastock ang happenings.

Offline Devastator

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2002, 10:42:53 AM »
Easy on the rice

Lessen your intake of simple carbs e.g. icing, sugar, ice cream, chocolate, softdrinks, candy, etc.

Substitute them with hearty servings of fruits & vegetables (mahal nga lang ng fruits dyan!)

Drink lots of water & juices

Eat small but frequent meals

Exercise!

Take this test to see if your tummy's too big:

On the floor, stand as straight as you can. Bow your head without even bending your back. If you can't see your manhood but can see your toes, then your tummy is still manageable. But if you can't see your toes (or the tips) , your tummy is getting a bit out of hand!!

Edited by Devastator on 2002-09-27 12:53:51

Offline bastich

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2002, 07:08:57 PM »
How about the ABTRONIC ? Has anyone bought or tried this? It's that belt with batteries in it that is supposed to contract your abs and wherever else you place it....... I just bought one just to see what it was all about and, oh my god, it feels like you are being poked in the gut with a screwdriver....... anyone with the same or similar experience?
dont eat the yellow snow

Offline /dave/null

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2002, 12:53:07 PM »
Heres what I'm doing. Which is working so far:

Crunches. Lie down on your back, Knees bent, index fingers on the sides of your temples. When you "crunch" forward, don't bend your neck. Just keep looking up. If you don't, you'll hurt your neck.

Another is leg raise. Lying down, place your hands at the end of your butts (but don't sit on them!), raise your legs and sloooooooowly bring them down.

When you exercise, it's best if you do it with a friend and motivate each other. Nakakatamad kasi minsan pag mag-isa ka lang. Hirap kasing i-disiplina ang sarili.

As for food, as much as possible, avoid ports and beef. Eat fish and veggies for dinner. Pag nagutom ka at gising ka pa ng 10pm, sorry na lang: Itulog mo!

Tom_Bishop

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2002, 12:59:42 PM »

Eat fish and veggies for dinner. Pag nagutom ka at gising ka pa ng 10pm, sorry na lang: Itulog mo!

ahahahah i can't help it!. pag nagugutom ako after 10pm, order ng chinese food or pizza hut ang katapat lolz. but i'll try.

PS.

i ate tuna sandwich and drank iced tea for lunch today :)

Edited by Tom_Bishop on 2002-09-27 13:00:02

Offline /dave/null

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2002, 01:27:39 PM »
ahahahah i can't help it!. pag nagugutom ako after 10pm, order ng chinese food or pizza hut ang katapat lolz. but i'll try.

LOL! Hirap kasi pag puyat palagi. Mas lalo kang mahihirapan. Pero kaya yan! Make it your target before Xmas! And when Xmas comes, reward yourself with a nice pair of pants that suites your new waist line hehehe!

PS.

i ate tuna sandwich and drank iced tea for lunch today :)

Hmmm.... baliktad ata. Eat ka ng heavy either breakfast or lunch. Mag tuna sandwich, iced tea and yogurt for dinner. :D

Offline MaxSterling

• Don't expect the mountain to tremble at the breeze
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2002, 06:05:07 PM »
How about the ABTRONIC ? Has anyone bought or tried this?

I did.  It works great!  Tried it for about two weeks and I really did feel my abs become rock-hard.  Kaya lang afterawhile, tatamarin ka na rin isuot, napaka-oily kasi ng pakiramdam dahil sa KY jelly (mahal pa).  Bumilog uli tyan ko, pero it wasn't as bad as before na bilog na bilog talaga.  Also, walang cardiovascular workout kaya kung saan mo lang ilagay, dun lang idi-develop, minsan di pantay.  Tsaka pagurin ka pa rin.

Pero lumakas talaga abs ko, minsan after drinking 4 500 ml of colt45 and 8 shots of fundador (Spirits, malate) I started vomiting and my abs contracted so hard, I thought my I'd be vomiting my innards na...!

Edited by MaxSterling on 2002-09-27 18:06:38
The difficult I do immediately.  The impossible takes a little longer.

Offline lynx

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2002, 08:00:44 PM »
hmm... is swimming a good exercise to tone the abs?

Offline chinoy

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2002, 03:22:52 AM »
swimming is one of the best aerobic non-impact excercise!  lakas mag pa payat nun!

Offline MaxSterling

• Don't expect the mountain to tremble at the breeze
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2002, 09:42:56 PM »
But not specifically for the abs.  Yes it CAN tone the abs-- actually, it will tone EVERY muscle... even the ones you didn't know about!

The difficult I do immediately.  The impossible takes a little longer.

Offline JM

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2002, 12:32:30 AM »
ok i might be able to give you guys some help ......

first of all .... search the web for "ATKINS DIET" ....this explains a lot of fictious facts .... not always is a no carb diet a viable option..... but lessening it will help

the next thing is exercise.... read up on circiut training ..... believe me.... 15lbs in a month is VERY possible.... i've seen it......

Edited by JM on 2002-09-28 00:33:52

Offline wheelee

• This is a test of the emergency sound system....
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2002, 08:25:45 AM »
Hey guys guess what! Excercise & Diet is paying off & that's just in 3wks!

Start:..................after more than 3ks

Waist=39..............38

Tummy=41............40.5

Chest=38..............38.5

Weight=183lbs........182 :-( i'm getting there

ang sama ng start stats ano, but with your help & support I will try build a body that's fit for something less than Mr. Universe :-), What say you guys with big tummies & those who just want to keep fit? Let's start monitoring each other? I guess perseverance & determination plays a vital role here!

Edited by wheelee on 2002-09-28 08:27:06
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Offline lynx

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2002, 08:35:14 AM »
But not specifically for the abs. Yes it CAN tone the abs-- actually, it will tone EVERY muscle... even the ones you didn't know about!

=) ayus yan!

btw... whats the best starting point for abs and being more energetic? can i start with 15 min walk/jog, then swim evry sat? ok na ba yun? how long will i wait to get results ?

taonglobo

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2002, 01:50:49 PM »
well, about the abtronics thing, it will help certain people that have these tummy problems, for example are the ones who doesnt have time to exercise or the ones who are physically unable to. It surely will help thos guys who cant start excercising because it will do the work for u and prapare your body for more rigorous excercises. I tried Abstronic on my abs and arms. I cant actually make push ups before because im heavy, after using it, i can do atleast 10 pushies and twenty sit ups.... and then i was on a roll, i went up to 50 push ups and 50 sit ups a day. It helped me get a head start on training. I know that Abstronic is very expensive but i know a same product that cost far less than it. if ur interested on it, u can message, it just cost about 350 bucks.

Offline lynx

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2002, 05:49:18 PM »
I cant actually make push ups before because im heavy,

same here... =( or probably my arms aint strong enough

^tomato^

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2002, 06:36:15 PM »
Toning the abs sadly has come into terms like having a bleached skin...too many fakes and hearsays.  Remember the Egyptians when they were trying out bogus and often outrageous ways just to get beautiful and youthful?  Its not different today, people mix a little science and say IT WORKS!  but think again...the body is not a machine,sure it adapts but one must understand that the body is a dynamic entity, meaning it takes more than just a couple of exercise routines to have those ripped abs we've all been dreaming of.

Another factor is genes, some of us will achieve the "six-pack" abs because of our genes and muscle structure, to the rest of us it just wouldn't show!! BUT we can still SHOW our abs. (at least some of it!)

Another thing is the myth about spot reducing, this is when we try to place stress on a certain part of our body and hope well that that part grows or respond accordingly.  Remember ours is a dynamic body, it knows exactly how to lose those poundages given the right stimuli.  You can see those peons and stevedores in portsides with those amazing arms and toned abs nag-gy gym ba sila? Do they do situps?  I am not shooting down situps or crunches but what im telling is a whole body- workout PLUS a watch on diet is key formula.  Below is a summary of what im trying to say

1. Don't rely on single exercises targeted primarily to the abs.  You can't have sexy abs  and flabby on the rest!

2. Practice standard exercises targeted on larger muscle groups taking into consideration a whole body workout (Don't be confused with exercising the whole body in one session)

a.Military presses instead of lateral raises

b.Bench Presses instead of flyes

3.Do aerobic exercises, BUT try to change your routines every 3 weeks, YES the BODY adapts to your movements (See dancers don't sweat after a tedious dance routine, BODY ADAPTS!)

4.EAT WHAT YOU NEED,don't try to binge just eat what you need, there are alotta whoopla about nutrition so be cautious.  Remember to that carbo (sugar,starch) turn into stored fat if not utilized.  

5. IMPORTANT!!!!!!  Once you engage in exercise the body becomes an "overclock" system, if you stop you go back from scratch so its pretty much of being slave to the routine, ONCE YOU DO IT,DO IT UNTIL YOU DIE!

nuff said

Edited by ^tomato^ on 2002-09-28 18:38:02

Offline /dave/null

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2002, 07:48:13 PM »
same here... =( or probably my arms aint strong enough

Here's a cool trick. Try doing push ups against the a higher level first, say the kitchen sink. My arms a little defined now but not enough. And that wasn't my goal. I just wanted a bigger chest and it seems to be working. :-/

Offline /dave/null

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2002, 07:48:13 PM »

Edited by /dave/null on 2002-09-28 19:48:31

Offline JM

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2002, 10:05:44 PM »
1. Don't rely on single exercises targeted primarily to the abs. You can't have sexy abs and flabby on the rest!

2. Practice standard exercises targeted on larger muscle groups taking into consideration a whole body workout (Don't be confused with exercising the whole body in one session)

a.Military presses instead of lateral raises

b.Bench Presses instead of flyes

3.Do aerobic exercises, BUT try to change your routines every 3 weeks, YES the BODY adapts to your movements (See dancers don't sweat after a tedious dance routine, BODY ADAPTS!)

4.EAT WHAT YOU NEED,don't try to binge just eat what you need, there are alotta whoopla about nutrition so be cautious. Remember to that carbo (sugar,starch) turn into stored fat if not utilized.

5. IMPORTANT!!!!!! Once you engage in exercise the body becomes an "overclock" system, if you stop you go back from scratch so its pretty much of being slave to the routine, ONCE YOU DO IT,DO IT UNTIL YOU DIE!

I'd like to clear some things up ....

first .... lateral raises and military presses target different aspects of shoulders.... lateral raises target the center deltoids and front deltoid for forward raises.....  military presses includes back

benchpress targets the center chest muscle wheras flys are for the inner section of the chest .... flys are done is order to "fill" your chest .....

guys ..... bear in mind that doing exercises for arms, abs and chest will be a lot slower if you dont workout the legs ..... which is why gym trainers would advise you to spend a day on the gym for legs.... the body tends to heal and grow better when it is all balanced out.

push ups are good for starters but you really wouldn't know how heavy you're carrying ..... its better to really go to the gym and try to do it regularly ..... you might think at first that its too dragging ..... but after the first 2-3 weeks (if done right) you'll notice a difference and that will drive you to continue as a habit ...... just like a mobo on a pc as to health in life ...... you dont skimp out of it :) hehehehehe