Author Topic: The future of PinoyPC  (Read 14057 times)

Offline dulber

• Veterans
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2002, 11:25:26 AM »
the idea of more efficient delivery is most appealing.

the screening brought on by the subscription process is most welcome.

500 a year is more than fair. kahit tumaas pa ayos lang considering the mentioned benefits the members will enjoy

march on PPC!
live life regret less
the future matters only as much as the present
look to the past for answers

jtan

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2002, 11:34:38 AM »
sali ako as long as the discounts will be BIG! thanks bryan

CoolHumv

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2002, 11:35:50 AM »
Thumbs up! ako diyan  Boss Bryan!

jtan

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2002, 11:42:22 AM »
puwede rin sana i-integrate yun tipid pc saka pinoypc.... much better i think :)

Offline bryan

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2002, 05:42:47 PM »
I suppose the premium plan is also available for Web Access?

Yes

A forum for just the "l337"?

possibly.

How about the suggestion some time ago to make the Troubleshooting thread into a premium function? The boards are practically giving out free consultancy as is.

Mahirap to. Tingnan natin.

yung PERPETUAL BABE THREAD e magiging pay per view thread na rin? lagyan bato ng ADULTCHECK?

See what I mean when I say we need screening?

software would run on what platform?

Only Microsoft platform at this time. You could pay me to develop a Handheld, Linux or a Mac platform though. But developing for those platforms for free is not worth the time and effort right now.

It's hard for those of us outside the Philippines to attend the EB's though.

Yeah, sorry about that. IF we can get enough funds we can record the EBs and stream them over the net.

puwede rin sana i-integrate yun tipid pc saka pinoypc.... much better i think :)

I'll have to talk to Jaydee about it first.

Right now, the priority is to get the software to work. We're in another technical problem right now because we're using PHP/MySQL and web services are easier to develop in the .Net platform.

So we basically need 3 things for this to succeed.

1. The system itself

2. Financial capital for acquisition of better servers.

3. Manpower.

If you think you can help, send mail to iwannahelpdothis@pinoypc.net
SSDD

Offline KillerMCB

• http://www.piggypen.net
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2002, 05:56:52 PM »
"Thumbs up" ako sa idea :)

Very nice.

Looking forward to it.
[PPC]KillerMCB / Shotgun Pig (^00^)
-= The Pigpen =- http://www.piggypen.net

magistrate

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2002, 06:57:11 PM »
Go forth PPC! i'm all for it. :-)

Offline AJ

• sudo make me a sandwich
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2002, 07:07:24 PM »
good idea bryan.

this is the ultimate solution to get rid of our morons lurking around.

maotsetong

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2002, 07:51:41 PM »
yaiks... i usually go on-line when I'm in Linux. okay lang, i rarely ask questions naman eh. i usually post info, and answer questions (if i know the answer indeed) =)

go ppc.

Edited by maotsetong on 2002-09-19 19:53:47

Offline mojako

• Semi-Newbie
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2002, 08:47:39 PM »
troubleshooting questions thru SMS?

Offline domeng

• http://www.markdomingo.com
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2002, 09:37:37 PM »
another question:

would this software/service provide dial-up access for message downloading and posting ala edsamail? if this service would still need internet access, why migrate from a web based interface (which is more or less platform independent) to a software based, proprietary platform?

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2002, 09:43:29 PM »
That is a good question.  Hosting something like an edsamail service would be a heavy task as well.

Offline jojitb

• http://
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2002, 10:14:49 PM »
I have reservations about your plan of using a proprietary platform, just like domeng....

I also do not like the idea of migrating into a pay-site...  I know of very few sites who survived converting from a free site to a paysite, unless it has pr0n...

I also think that P500 is too much...   Tapos pupunta lang kay Billgates pambayad sa Software..

Anyway, those are just My Opinions...

boyoyong

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2002, 01:18:47 AM »
i do sense a better and efficient service if that would happen... i presume that the population will decrease....

Offline [rom]

• Semi-Newbie
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2002, 01:34:16 AM »
i presume that the population will decrease....

I think so too =(

Mighty ABACUS

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2002, 02:05:20 AM »
ako po, sariling opinyon ko po ito.

wala po akong nais i-imply sa mga sasabihin ko. gusto ko lang pong ipaliwanag ang sarili kong panananaw sa mga sitwasyong nagaganap.

first, i think that we all know that maintaining a website has its corresponding costs. this is a fact manifested by the ads that swarm this site. but then again, the ads are not so obstructive as to be an annoyance to the users. it has been fairly "moderated" by these guys which I know doesnt get anything in return for their services. (am i correct?)

second, since the site needs funds to sustain its operation, my idea is to get more sponsors to share the costs and still maintain the site free as what is has been conceptualized in the first place.  

changing the concept from being free to something that needs to be paid is not the final solution. we have various options to make and the least one should be to make this a paysite.

with regards to the knowledge that has been accumulated in the site, I am proud to say that these things have been contributed by ALL MEMBERS FOR FREE.  nobody asked for a fee to answer a particular question, or share his knowledge thru his experience. All of the information contained in this site has been shared and shared alike by the passion to help other Filipino techies.

but then again, how do we address the question of the maintainance costs? again my idea is to get as much sponsors as possible. i am willing to sacrifice a few pop-ups just to make sure that the information is readily available to others who needs them for FREE.

my dear friends, this site is a very beautiful thing to waste. if we allow ourselves to be divided and confined to the matters of FREE and PAID, we are not truly uniting as one but dividing to pieces.

PPC is where the Filipino Techies Goes Online.

To learn and share for FREE.

Lets keep it that way.

Maraming salamat po.

(wala po sanang mang-flame sa akin :)

Edited by Mighty ABACUS on 2002-09-20 02:11:29

Offline geode

• Veterans
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2002, 02:15:07 AM »
Offline Access

nice alternative ... also limits the idle time people spend waiting for other menyeks to post.

The software will be available only to subscribers of PinoyPC. Yes, we will move foward into subscriptions. Members will have added benefits like discounts on partner retailers, EB entrance fees, etc.

this is what i envisioned the often suggested PPC Club to be like.  access and discounts that would be exclusive to PPC members

something like 500 pesos per year or something.

i believe this amount is acceptable.  dun sa mga namamahalan, think of it like saving P1.50 /day for one year.  even if it increases (as long as justifiable) it would still be ok.

... not to make money since all premium members will be screened before being accepted.

i support the screening (i thought this was in place na after the crazy guy who threatened louie got banned?).  ayway, will the basis for screening be discussed among the present members?

Offline Tranced Moogle

• http://trancedmoogle.blogspot.com
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2002, 02:24:36 AM »
good reasons MA, i can't afford to pay something that is not my priority. It is very disappointing that the one you usually visit/use is for free then after some time, it starts to charge it's users(that's why i quit using Edsamail).

i presume that the population will decrease....

and will be muchless attractive for those soon-to-be members.

And how can you tell who's troll or not?

Mighty ABACUS

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2002, 02:33:11 AM »
PPC is my homepage.

in my office desktop

in my office notebook

in my home pc

in my home "modified" pc

in my home laptop

in my pocket pc

and even in the servers that i maintain.

Please let's all help and come up with more options to sustain the operating cost.

Otherwise, I might have to either pay for 7 consoles to learn and help Filipino techies or change my homepage to Yahoo! again.........

Offline geode

• Veterans
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2002, 02:36:48 AM »
with regards to mighty's post ... he has some valid points.

changing the concept from being free to something that needs to be paid is not the final solution. we have various options to make and the least one should be to make this a paysite

while this is true, that making it a paysite is not a final solution, we should also think of how we view PPC.  is it just the techie site? or the community?  if we are thinking of the payment thing simply in view maintaining the site then we do have some alternative solutions.

if we view ppc as a community much like a techie club then the money i believe would not be merely to support the site but also go into the promotion of the community and benefits/discounts for the members.

the discussion regarding the pay thing, to me, depends on how one views PPC - the site?  or the community?