Author Topic: Is RMAing RAM really practical?  (Read 66 times)

Offline Hajile

Is RMAing RAM really practical?
« on: February 22, 2021, 01:13:52 PM »
My g.skill memory stick died and i thought i'd try to RMA it since it's supposed to have lifetime warranty. Emailed them, got an RMA number and an address (Taiwan), when i went to check how to ship it to them, it's 1.5k. Ick.
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
Re: Is RMAing RAM really practical?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 03:03:19 PM »
since it's Lifetime naman, wait for someone to bring it to TW - which i'm guessing will still take a long time.
Pero if the price of a New one is more than twice or more than the shipment, i guess it's OK, pero depende din I had a few RAMS die on me but i didn't bother since they where becoming obsolete.

is it DDR4 or DDR3?
used DDR3 8g is selling for P1500 out there 

Online Mr. Bungle

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 04:07:32 PM »
It might be a bit cheaper to ship the defective item via EMS.

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 05:49:48 PM »
It might be a bit cheaper to ship the defective item via EMS.

PhilPost operates EMS in the Philippines, that 1.5k shipping quote is probably EMS level service to Taiwan
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 07:21:20 PM »
1.5k is about what I paid for DHL to do the same thing last year. Arrived in TW the day after shipping it out.
fhtagn

Online Mr. Bungle

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 09:11:42 PM »
1.5k is about what I paid for DHL to do the same thing last year. Arrived in TW the day after shipping it out.

I also used DHL to RMA my Corsair HX620 PSU to HK. Since it was big and heavy, it cost me over 2K. It took about 4-5 days in total from sending back the failed unit to getting the replacement which was a seemingly brand new retail sealed in box HX650 btw. I didn't find any markings that it was re-certified.