Author Topic: Smart prepaid SIM  (Read 866 times)

Offline wickwire

Smart prepaid SIM
« on: January 02, 2021, 04:44:16 AM »
I know it's 'just' a prepaid number. But it seems like it just got 'deactivated' for no valid reason. Been using this for well over a decade. I use it whenever I'm in the Philippines and have always had it on roam status when I'm here in the US. I've reached out to their twitter and instagram accounts hoping to get a human. But it seems like they've got chat bots. Any ideas or if you have an email contact I can reach out to. I'd appreciate it.
iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work
Alienware R13 2017 GTX1060 Oled
Macbook Air 13 thin, light and unapologetically dated, yet I use it more than my Alien

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
Re: Smart prepaid SIM
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 12:17:41 PM »
If it's n old sim, you may need to upgrade it (even on prepaid) for lte (or 5g now)
Visit their website, they have a virtual appointment that you can schedule
jeremypv

Online motion55

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 12:37:49 PM »
Baka na walang load for a long time. I have an old prepaid SIM which I replace with an LTE new one. I kept the old number allive and eventually upgraded it to LTE I still keep it alive by maintain a load that's valid for one year.

I keep the old SIM as alternate number of my current one for 2-step verification.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline wickwire

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 01:58:57 PM »
If it's n old sim, you may need to upgrade it (even on prepaid) for lte (or 5g now)
Visit their website, they have a virtual appointment that you can schedule

I've upgraded it twice.. first was 2014 when it started acting up and again in 2017 to upgrade to 'LTE'.. I'll give it a try thanks.
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work
Macbook Air 13 thin, light and unapologetically dated, yet I use it more than my Alien

Offline wickwire

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 02:04:44 PM »
Baka na walang load for a long time. I have an old prepaid SIM which I replace with an LTE new one. I kept the old number allive and eventually upgraded it to LTE I still keep it alive by maintain a load that's valid for one year.

I keep the old SIM as alternate number of my current one for 2-step verification.

Thing is, meron load all the time. This is the strangest thing and I'd be mad if this number suddenly ends up being used by someone else. If it becomes completely 'disabled/deactivated' then I'll have to sort through all my online accounts to unlink said number. 
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 11:20:22 AM »
My SMART BUDDY is still operational even after a decade, I just load it every after 3 months but now Loads are good for 1year na!

When i went home last time, I had it changed to a Micro SIM since it was still the OLD standard big SIM

Offline wickwire

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 05:59:03 PM »
My SMART BUDDY is still operational even after a decade, I just load it every after 3 months but now Loads are good for 1year na!

When i went home last time, I had it changed to a Micro SIM since it was still the OLD standard big SIM

Was gonna comment we are in the same boat. Except I’m not since the reps are worthless. One even recommended I call their ‘toll free hotline’. But looking at the website. The number is for an active Smart number. May gumawa ng himala from the inside. In the past when I logged in MySmart, I could see my transactions. Now it’s completely blank. Anyway the number was 0918 2057575. RIP to my freakin number until it gets recycled. Some may argue I should just go to a Smart center. I would, but I won’t be flying back until this ‘situation’ gets under control.
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work

Offline wheelee

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 10:33:15 AM »
well you could still give it a try when you fly back home! there's also an app now that we can use
I too want to keep my# which has a 555 in the last 3 digits

Offline wickwire

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 02:06:54 PM »
@ wheelee

I hope so. I won't be back in the Philippines until 2022 or 23. Decided to reapply at my 'old' AT&T job here and got accepted thankfully. I've asked my wife to try one last time. Maybe she can get someone who actually cares to do something.
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work

Online Taggy

• http://taggy.cjb.net
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 02:13:50 PM »

Mine was an Addictmobile sim. I dont need to load them to keep it active I guess Smart doesnt monitor my sim. I just usee this for back up since i'm using Globe primarily. I use smart to load up money since Addictmobile was under Smart network.. but when they call for their sim upgrade.. I was denied.. 2x hindi daw sa kanila ito.. haha. kaya I am just waiting for that thing that the government talks about to register your sim number and choose which networks you want to use.

Edit: now im reading howw to register your sim number.. ang tamad ko talaga mag research. lols

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 06:42:07 PM »
OT:  I got freedom plan from smart. Loading was never a problem as long as you don't exceed 600 pesos.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline ris

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 07:47:09 PM »

Was gonna comment we are in the same boat. Except I’m not since the reps are worthless. One even recommended I call their ‘toll free hotline’. But looking at the website. The number is for an active Smart number. May gumawa ng himala from the inside. In the past when I logged in MySmart, I could see my transactions. Now it’s completely blank. Anyway the number was 0918 2057575. RIP to my freakin number until it gets recycled. Some may argue I should just go to a Smart center. I would, but I won’t be flying back until this ‘situation’ gets under control.

maybe better to now post the number since you plan on using it in the future?
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline wickwire

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 09:56:11 AM »

No luck yet. My brother will try another (corp) store. Am not sure if there are corp stores and authorized retailers in Philippines. Learned the difference when I was working at my old corp store.

@ ris

At this point.. probably nothing more to loose IF I can't get the number back.. awareness for those that something similar may happen to them considering it happened to me.

It's funny how folks in FB are charging thousands of pesos for numbers.
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work

Offline wheelee

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 10:52:39 AM »

you'll be in shocked on how much people are willing to pay for an 888 or 666# here in the middle kingdom!

Offline wickwire

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 12:27:25 PM »

you'll be in shocked on how much people are willing to pay for an 888 or 666# here in the middle kingdom!

I mean if the numbers were like eg 0918 8888888 something along those lines I'd completely understand but having a eg 0939 or whatever prefix smart/sun uses nowadays followed by 259 8888 still doesn't deserve thousands of pesos. But I guess that's just me hehe. These guys/gals probably just get em for 40pesos from their supplier and then 'screen' them.
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work

Offline calvin

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2021, 05:26:18 PM »
They are doing that...
My SMART SIM was also deactivated a month ago...
and the CSA that talked to me told me that they can't do anything to a deactivated SIM...

I raised hell and asked that my call be elevated...
2 weeks later, I got a text message that says I can have my SIM replace with the same number.

Offline wickwire

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2021, 10:53:28 AM »
They are doing that...
and the CSA that talked to me told me that they can't do anything to a deactivated SIM...

2 weeks later, I got a text message that says I can have my SIM replace with the same number.

How were they able to reach you? Did they ask for your number during your call? If you have a sup’s number. Maybe I can reach out to him/her. I’d appreciate any details or contact info you can share via PM.
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work

Offline calvin

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2021, 06:29:58 PM »
They are doing that...

How were they able to reach you? Did they ask for your number during your call? If you have a sup’s number. Maybe I can reach out to him/her. I’d appreciate any details or contact info you can share via PM.

I just used the hotline... (02) 8888-1111
I can't remember the exact buttons I pressed but I was able to reach a point where an agent answered my call.

Offline wickwire

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2021, 09:44:10 AM »
Alas no luck YET.

However I have screen captured this from their website from their so called canned claims that there was no 'load' in said number. because it contradicts their statements either through their chatbots or 'live' reps.

link here https://help.smart.com.ph/article/minimum-load-balance-for-smart-prepaid-international-roaming

screenshot here in case they decide to take it down or ehem ammend it

Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work