Author Topic: PLDT Fibr  (Read 1360 times)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
Re: PLDT Fibr
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 10:50:50 PM »
IPv6 is back! Seems to have happened around 1am-2am this morning, internet went down for a bit and came back up with IPv6 restored.

Unfortunately PLDT seems to have wiped out my LAN2 binding, and can't get into the modem's admin settings without doing that serial console hack anymore, so temporarily connected via Wi-Fi until I can get an extra ethernet switch.
fhtagn

Offline hungree

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 03:16:22 AM »
Hi Guys!
I just want to ask if its safe not to upgrade my existing HG8245U PLDT Fibr Router.

Offline calvin

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2020, 07:08:39 PM »
Hi Guys!
I just want to ask if its safe not to upgrade my existing HG8245U PLDT Fibr Router.

What's wrong with it?
I'm still using it too...

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 01:41:13 AM »

Speed boost?
fhtagn

Online jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 05:14:48 AM »
Apparently it's only for the weekend, some people received sms that is only from Jul17 to 19

EDIT: found the official link
https://pldthome.com/support-internet

jeremypv

Offline motion55

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2020, 09:45:00 AM »
^^^Yup I got the same SMS message. From current 30mbps boosted to 50mbps is not really needed. However, it does give that caffeine like rush whenever I speed test.

"Set your mind free!"

Offline motion55

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2020, 12:45:35 PM »
I got another TXT from this PLDTHome this morning stating the boost is over.

"Set your mind free!"

Online jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2020, 01:38:22 PM »
TBH, can't really feel the difference from 30->50 -- been WFH since first week of March, and now my wife just found a home-based Job, then the kids just watch netflix whole day -- , I think it's a marketing bait for those with a large family who will benefit with the faster speed.

Quite happy that since I switch to PLDT Fibr, (Nov2017), I only had problem with internet 4 times (the first one was when there's a fiber cut at paranaque and whole cavite was affected), maybe a total of less than 1day without internet and maybe 2-3days with slow internet - with my previous Globe connection, there's a problem at least once a month.

Contract will be done by Nov. this year, and Converge already laid the cables just recently, hopefully I won't have any reason to switch, but glad that there's another option if ever.
jeremypv

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »
Converge has been pretty shit for us at Pasig office. We switched to them from Eastern (which was even shittier) but we've not quite been getting the speed we subscribed for.

No point in switching right now though since everyone's working from home, but our next move will probably be to PLDT.
fhtagn

Online lahar

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2020, 04:17:28 PM »
I think Converge got saturated thats why service has gone down.

OnT: Haven't tested our Fibr if the speed has gone down. But tests before and during the weekend speedboost show no difference.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2020, 04:26:58 PM »
I think Converge got saturated thats why service has gone down.

OnT: Haven't tested our Fibr if the speed has gone down. But tests before and during the weekend speedboost show no difference.

Yeah that's probably true. I know a guy who knows the owners and even he doesn't recommend getting Converge anymore because of the long service response times. I think they're oversubscribed both in terms of backhaul and service personnel.
fhtagn

Online lahar

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2020, 09:07:53 PM »
Nope no difference before, during and after speedboost.

Online WallyWest

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2020, 10:19:52 AM »
I've been with Converge since September 2018 and it's been pretty reliable and consistently at 35Mbps in our area. I can still count the number of outages with my fingers. For the last quarter of 2019 we had a few hours internet outage followed by (presumably) an accidental doubling of our speed (70Mbps). Dedma lang as I thought they'd find out and put the cap back on sooner or later.

Tech support is really amateurish though. Luckily, we only had to wait it out a while and service goes back to normal without contacting tech support.
I already applied for a second fiber subscription, this time with PLDT as backup. Haven't gotten a call back though.

Online lahar

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2020, 10:54:31 AM »
https://www.yugatech.com/news/pldt-outs-new-fibr-plus-plans-adjusts-unlifibr-internet-plans/#sthash.JUtePSkw.dpbs

PLDT’s Fibr Plus service comes with 3 TP-Link WiFi Mesh systems and Live TV from Cignal, including 55 SD and 8 HD channels. Check out the plans below:

Fibr Plus 2499 – up to 50 Mbps
    Fibr Plus 3099 – up to 100 Mbps
    Fibr Plus 4099 – up to 150 Mbps
    Fibr Plus 6099 – up to 300 Mbps

The included TP-Link WiFi Mesh devices not only reduce WiFi dead spots, but also feature remote WiFi monitoring via mobile app, Guest WiFi set up, and several Parental Controls.

Users can choose which channels they can view, with a wide variety from Movie channels, Pinoy, Sports, Kids, International News, Educational, Lifestyle, Music, and more. You can check out the full list of supported Cignal channels here.

PLDT has also adjusted several of its UNLIFIBR plans. Check out the changes below:

The UNLIFIBR Plan 1699 has been upgraded to reach speeds up to 25 Mbps, from 20 Mbps.

The UNLIFIBR Plan 1899, which offers users up to 30 Mbps speeds, has been replaced by a new UNLIFIBR Plan 2399 with speeds up to 50 Mbps.

The UNLIFIBR Plan 2899 has been replaced by the UNLIFIBR Plan 2999, which offers the same speed of up to 100 Mbps.

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »
When installed with the bundled mesh wifi routers, does pldt already configure the ONU units in bridge mode or is it still double NAT.

Offline motion55

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2020, 06:48:11 PM »
I just upgraded from  Fiber plan 1899 to plan 2399 which took effect last week. It's a simple upgrade with no lock in reset.

However the new Fibr plus plan look enticing. It's just 100 more than my new plan. I'd probably get a lock in reset if I avail of the WiFi mesh routers.

When installed with the bundled mesh wifi routers, does pldt already configure the ONU units in bridge mode or is it still double NAT.

I have been on bridge mode for a long time. Even if you'd be put on bridge mode, the IP address will be CGNAT 100.xxx.xxx.xxx.

I thought of requesting a public IP address along with the upgrade but decided the sales person I was speaking to wouldn't understand my request.

"Set your mind free!"

Offline ris

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2020, 02:04:26 AM »
does the fibr plus plan come with landline?  it doesnt seem to mention it on the description
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2020, 03:42:39 AM »
AFAIK they all do, but the landline goes through the ONU modem so when power is out your landline is out too. Makes it worth getting a UPS specifically for the Fibr connection.
fhtagn

Online WallyWest

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2020, 06:08:02 PM »

Plan 1299 (10Mbps) installed just yesterday.
Backup for our Converge 25Mbps.Hanggang kailan kaya itong ganitong speed? >:D