Author Topic: PLDT Fibr  (Read 823 times)

Offline DATA

PLDT Fibr
« on: December 24, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
They doubled my speeds yesterday night.

From 50↓/100↑ to 100↓/200↑!

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
Re: PLDT Fibr
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 07:36:49 PM »
On the TPC thread, seems like everyone got double the speed
jeremypv

Offline calvin

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »
My speed just got upgraded...   :happy: :silly: :lol: :wacko:

And this time, it's almost the same speed even to the mainland...

Online lahar

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 06:56:39 PM »
Been trying to get my upgrade for over a month and PLDT has been pestering me with texts and emails to do so but their website is da shitz.

Offline calvin

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 10:18:59 AM »
I wonder how long this will last...

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 10:24:26 AM »
you will soon receive an SMS telling you that it will only be upto Feb29

jeremypv

Online lahar

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 10:24:39 AM »
I wonder how long this will last...

Got a text from PLDT that the speed boost will be till the end of the month.

Offline calvin

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 10:44:12 AM »
Bummer.... lol

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 12:26:11 PM »
Leech mode until end of month lool
fhtagn

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 08:19:24 AM »
Anyone know what the current fiberhomesuperadmin account and password is? Looks like it changed again =(
fhtagn

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 11:55:13 AM »
is this the one you have?

Code: [Select]
Username: f~i!b@e#r$h%o^m*esuperadmin
Password: s(f)u_h+g|u

jeremypv

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 01:12:35 PM »
Yeah that's the one I used last time (to enable IPv6). It doesn't work anymore.

I checked the PLDT Fibr hacking github and apparently the new way to get admin access is to open the modem up, plug in a serial to USB converter and PuTTy into the Linux OS.

https://kbeflo.github.io/2018/05/20/PLDT-Home-Fiber-router-console-access/
fhtagn

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 03:55:08 AM »
Internet is slow. Getting just 5Mbps most of the day.
Our optical status seems ok, getting -22dBm on the RX.

Time to call 171 again...

Lucked out just this one time, but leecher status lol
fhtagn

Offline waway

• swabeng unggoy
    • blog kuno
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 10:36:08 PM »
bit of a long story, so I woke up a few day ago with no internet connection, checked the fibr router and the los indicator was flashing red. turned it off and on and tried different stuff to try and get it to work and nothing. checked the cables and found this.

I guess my cat bit the fiber optic cable, checked some stores and none sold that cable, so for a last resort I just taped up the holes figuring maybe if I can stop light from outside leaking in it would fix it, also instead of plugging that end into the wall, I plugged it into the router, that way the router would sit on top of the damaged part of the cable blocking more light. it was so stupid I didn't think it would work but it actually did work, got internet back.

I still ended up buying a replacement cable from lazada because the setup felt janky and I was afraid it would fail soon. one reviewer oddly enough had a similar problem with their cat chewing on the cable and said the lazada cable was compatible with pldt fibr, so I bought that, got it, plugged it in aaand nothing, los was flashing red, tried to un plug and re plug several times and it wouldn't work, went back to the chewed cable and it took me a couple of tries, the last attempt had me straigthening out the kinks on the cable and gently inserting to the router, finally got it to work again.

now I'm scared of touching the router, I'm still using the chewed up cable and was wondering if and where I can get a replacement

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 07:52:40 AM »
have you called PLDT? just tell then cat chewed the cable...
jeremypv

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 07:54:29 AM »
^^How about this?

https://www.facebook.com/pldthomefibrpatchcord/
I didn't realize there were different types of patch cords until our modem got a forced upgrade and part of the instructions was that we should replace our yellow patch cable with the blue patch cable that came with the new modem.

Offline waway

• swabeng unggoy
    • blog kuno
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 02:31:38 PM »
haven't called pldt yet, guess I should just call them lol

Offline calvin

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 07:42:32 PM »
bit of a long story, so I woke up a few day ago with no internet connection, checked the fibr router and the los indicator was flashing red. turned it off and on and tried different stuff to try and get it to work and nothing. checked the cables and found this.

I guess my cat bit the fiber optic cable, checked some stores and none sold that cable, so for a last resort I just taped up the holes figuring maybe if I can stop light from outside leaking in it would fix it, also instead of plugging that end into the wall, I plugged it into the router, that way the router would sit on top of the damaged part of the cable blocking more light. it was so stupid I didn't think it would work but it actually did work, got internet back.

I still ended up buying a replacement cable from lazada because the setup felt janky and I was afraid it would fail soon. one reviewer oddly enough had a similar problem with their cat chewing on the cable and said the lazada cable was compatible with pldt fibr, so I bought that, got it, plugged it in aaand nothing, los was flashing red, tried to un plug and re plug several times and it wouldn't work, went back to the chewed cable and it took me a couple of tries, the last attempt had me straigthening out the kinks on the cable and gently inserting to the router, finally got it to work again.

now I'm scared of touching the router, I'm still using the chewed up cable and was wondering if and where I can get a replacement

Look for an SC-SC Single Mode, Simplex patch cable...
they come in lengths of 1m, 2m and 3 meters
you may get the length that's fit for your needs so that it won't dangle down and attract your cat.

Offline jeremypv

• jeremypv.net
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 08:10:06 PM »
Speedbost again?

https://www.rappler.com/technology/news/254418-pldt-boost-speed-coronavirus-manila?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3jQcSoAxpVzT_Xd3zXmEPe0TQXXUv4Y0aZM6AyRVpxXd4d_WXUQqcB-NQ#Echobox=1584094638
Looks like both globe and pldt are capitalizing on their highway-robbery pricing for their 'prepaid broadband', making it seem 'economical' -- since many will only deploy this on temporary basis
jeremypv