Author Topic: Avengers Infinity War Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!)  (Read 697 times)

Online Sephiroth

Re: Avengers Infinity War Discussion (SPOILER WARNING!)
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 05:52:41 PM »
future Thanos fed various heroes to his pet Hulk.

messed-up stuff right there.

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 06:11:39 PM »
on the positive side of things, it seems that Valkyrie survived Infinity War! it's confirmed in a QnA with one of the directors that she survived Thanos's attack, maybe sent away by Thor to help other Asgardians escape.

Korg's fate wasn't specified though.

so maybe in Avengers 4 these 2 popular characters will return to help Thor and the rest of the survivors... do whatever it is they plan to do after Thanos wiped out half the universe's population.

now that i thought about it, had the Stones or Gauntlet in the movie ever been used to create something out of nothing? Thanos wished for a huge monument to Death in the comics, but i can't seem to recall Thanos ever creating anything in the movie.

Offline newcastle_29

• Warning: General Protection Fault !!!
    • tweet me @neil33
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 02:02:45 PM »
i assume ginamit niya yun dahil na overwhelm si hulk kaya di na lumabas si hulk kahit pilit pinapalabas ni bruce

Thanos is a Cosmic. He's as strong, if not stronger than Hulk even without the gem.

There's a cosmic version of Hulk that might be a match for Thanos, but the fight in the movie is as expected.

ahhh yes.. i forgot that thanos born a cosmic being..
i7 6700K | Gigabyte Z170X G1 | 16GB Corsair DDR4 | Nvidia GTX970 | 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Corsair H100i GTX | LG 29" Ultrawide 75hz monitor | NZXT H440 | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair Strafe RGB Mech keyboard | Logitech G602 wireless  | Logitech Z5500 5.1

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 05:18:12 PM »
Why was Vision so vulnerable against the goons of Thanos? Wasn't he made entirely of vibranium? Or was he about to phase when he got stabbed?

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 07:37:49 PM »
a friend of mine who is a comic book geek said that perhaps the blade that pierced him was stronger then vibranium. either a native property of the material or enhanced by technology/magic.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »
Did some digging myself just now. It was the glaive which was basically what Mjolnir was to Thor - enchanted and augments the powers of the wielder. Interesting.

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Vision-seem-a-lot-weaker-in-Avengers-Infinity-War

Offline waway

• swabeng unggoy
    • blog kuno
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 11:02:17 PM »
iirc in the comics Thanos gave Corvus Glaive his, well glaive, and it has some special properties, guess that's why it can pierce Vision's body and leave a wound that prevents him from phasing

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 05:28:38 AM »
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/07/avengers-infinity-war-thor-thanos-head-hammer-kill/
Thanos, however, is feeling the heavy weight of his actions, as well. "That moment when he clicks his fingers sends him into this ethereal plane inside of the Soul Stone where as part of his quote unquote hero's journey in the film, he has one last moment to convey a sense of guilt about what he's done," Joe Russo said. "It illustrates what a complicated character he is."
maybe he'll meet vision and ultron there, and perhaps other creatures living in the peaceful confines of the soul stone.

adam warlock?

Offline bravoexo

• PeopleSoft
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 11:32:16 AM »
How about we talk about the next one... Avengers 4?

Looks like either it's an altered history (Since Ant-Man is gonna be in the battle of New York, and looks like Tony Stark is a Shield agent...)  or a possible multiverse that Doctor Strange visits...
i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Dominator Platinum 16Gb DDR3 1866 C9, GTX ASUS ROG Strix 1080 SLI, Crucial M4 mSATA 256Gb, Crucia MX100-512Gb SSD, Spinpoint F1 1Tb x 2, Barracuda 2Tb Green x 3, LG E2442V x 3, GMX 2.1, HAF-932, M2 850W, MCP355, Apogee GTZ, BlackIce GTX360, G502, AVerMedia LGX, Vantec Dock

Offline AJ

• sudo make me a sandwich
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 06:41:36 PM »
am thinking multiverse.

baka maisingit nila si miles morales as spiderman.

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 07:14:40 PM »
the MCU is already an amalgamation of the marvel comics multiverse.

however, since Infinity War movie is nothing like Infinity War in comics (where the heroes were attacked by evil doppelgangers), i'd like an MCU version of a multiverse where the Avengers get attacked by their alternate reality versions, perhaps named Revengers.

now that i thought about it... maybe it's the way of making Adam Warlock relevant. since he's apparently too late for Infinity War, maybe the next threat to the MCU will be from his evil side Magus and doppelgangers from another universe!

even Thanos is not spared from Magus's machinations, resulting in an incredible fight that stuck in my mind for many many years.

so maybe this is what will happen: it is confirmed that Thanos is in the Soul Gem's world. Adam Warlock will make a cameo but will be fully featured in another future movie (Guardians of the Galaxy 3?). Adam befriends Thanos and leaves the Soul World with him. Adam Warlock's evil double Magus awakens and begins planting seeds (and making cameos and hinting of evil doubles for MCU's heroes) for the next big Avengers movie.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 12:12:03 PM »
How long will the current actors play their characters? Not sure if it's because IW is one of the few Marvel films that I watched on the big screen but they're sure looking noticeably old.