Author Topic: Dual SIM phones  (Read 9651 times)

Online lahar

Re: Dual SIM phones
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »
I got the Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2. Its free with the Globe Samsung pack (w/ Galaxy Tab) at Plan 999 with unlimited internet. Haven't tried it yet with a different carrier though, I use it both for my personal and office numbers (both Globe) so still not sure if its unlocked.

Offline [X]

• [X]
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2014, 10:42:42 AM »
It's perfect for my needs and just the right size for my grubby fingers to be able to type in text without making any errors.

So far its performance is beyond my expectations for a mid-budget phone... I'm completely satisfied.

OK looks like this is gonna be my next phone. Does it allow you to use data on both sims? or just the primary one? does it let you set defaults for which services use which sims - like data on sim 1, sms on sim 2, etc.

Offline calvin

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2014, 11:01:41 AM »
It's perfect for my needs and just the right size for my grubby fingers to be able to type in text without making any errors.

So far its performance is beyond my expectations for a mid-budget phone... I'm completely satisfied.

OK looks like this is gonna be my next phone. Does it allow you to use data on both sims? or just the primary one? does it let you set defaults for which services use which sims - like data on sim 1, sms on sim 2, etc.

No, only one SIM can use the 3G network at a time.
Yes, you can assign SIM functions and services.

Offline ris

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2014, 12:58:36 PM »
its good to know that the grand 2 can receive calls on simultaneously on both lines.  is the bug where the name of the caller gets mixed up still there?  i remember having 2 samsung dual sim phones with that bug.  here is how it happens:  when someone calls you and a text arrives at the same time, the name of the person texting you would the the name coming out of the caller id.  even if someone else is calling you the name that gets flashed on screen is the texter and not the actual caller.  the number of the caller is still correct but the name used is by the one who texted you.
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline calvin

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »
^ I think that's an ICS bug...

haven't experienced that yet... although I have had instances of calls and text messages coming in at the same time (i.e. getting in range of a cell site)

Offline ris

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2014, 03:06:05 PM »
^ I think that's an ICS bug...

haven't experienced that yet... although I have had instances of calls and text messages coming in at the same time (i.e. getting in range of a cell site)

both dual sim phones were in ICS. yes.  and i think the call and text came from different sim cards.  call came from sim1 while the text went in sim2.  hopefully they really fixed that
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline dwick

• http://dteck.cjb
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »
Got the E1272 for my text only + radio features. never need of memory cards and install stuff.
What you do/see/hear just leave it here!

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2014, 02:13:01 AM »
Amazon has dual-sim versions of the HTC One.
No more need to give up flagship features/build quality just to get dual-sim.
fhtagn