Author Topic: Job Hunt Dilema  (Read 880 times)

Offline Udongski

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 1020
Job Hunt Dilema
« on: June 28, 2012, 06:32:16 PM »
Finally after months of job hunting, I got two possible offers.

- I prefer the opened post by Company A than Company B.
- I am still waiting for the result from Company A, the most would be by next week.
- Company B already contacted me for a JO tomorrow.

Now I'm at a dilema. I don't want to sign with B before A makes confirmation on the status of my application. However, I also don't want to loose my chances with B by not signing up now and risk not being employed by either companies.

Is it ok to sign with B while waiting for the result of the other, then retract my contract with B once A confirms? Or are there other options I can take?

Offline jester

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 219
  • sowoneul marhaebwa
Re: Job Hunt Dilema
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »
If B gives you a job offer, you can ask for a day or two before making a decision. Just hope A doesn't take long for a decision.

Offline suavegabe

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 653
Re: Job Hunt Dilema
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »
I would contact company A and tell them that another company is currently offering you a position and if possible ask A about the status of your application.

and yes, you can ask company B to give you some time to consider their offer. I haven't heard of a company yet that wouldn't give even a day for an applicant to consider the offer. 
Core i9 9900K | Gigabyte Gaming Z390m | 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB  | Galax GTX 1080 | Fractal Node 804 | NZXT Kraken X52 | Kingston HyperX Alloy Elite | Logitech G900 | Aorus AD27QD

Offline Udongski

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 1020
Re: Job Hunt Dilema
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »
I just got interviewed today by company A and was informed that results will be given next week. Let's see if company B would allow to delay signing the contract.

Offline borgy_t

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 2202
  • financial advisor
Re: Job Hunt Dilema
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 12:38:05 AM »
you can essentially ask for a week to decide whether to accept an offer or not, depending on the needs of the employer about your availability.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | WD SN750 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | Logitech G102 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)