Author Topic: Architect/Designer and Construction firm advice  (Read 191 times)

Offline wickwire

Architect/Designer and Construction firm advice
« on: September 06, 2019, 05:40:22 AM »
Gents,

Do you have any recommendations on good, responsible, professional firms from Las Pinas or at least closer proximity within the Metro Manila area? We're contemplating on either having our existing house renovated or selling it off, but we want to weigh in on the options like overall cost vs getting a new house etc. Budget is a major consideration, since the last time we had something done to the house, things didn't turn out the way we 'envisioned' it. Needless to say we learned from that experience and we want to make sure that we do it right this time around.

The objective is to sit down with an architect and discuss what our requirements are and have a plan or plans drawn up with costs involved and then decide from there. We just don't want to be contracted to that one firm if we think the cost is similar to getting a new home. My brother was able to get a hold of what we thought was the 'architect' but turned out to be the 'contractor'. And as with most contratistas, they're not the best people to talk to. And if you were in our shoes, with the cost of everything nowadays no matter where you are in the world, or how little or how much you make, money matters more than ever and we just want to make sure it is money well spent. Millions of pesos without a plan is millions regardless.

iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work
Alienware R13 2017 GTX1060 Oled
Macbook Air 13 thin, light and unapologetically dated, yet I use it more than my Alien

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
Re: Architect/Designer and Construction firm advice
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 04:09:05 PM »
i have an architect relative who designed ponte fino in batangas, he lives near las pinas (capri?). i can give you his FB link if you are interested.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline nitsuj

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 07:36:52 PM »
I can also recommend 2 architects (1 focuses on residential and interior, 1 is mixed residential/commercial). Their clients are usually from Makati and South. I can PM their contact info, kindly let me know.

Offline wickwire

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 03:39:13 AM »
@ friendlyfire

@ nitsuj

Appreciate any info you can share. If you prefer via pm, that's fine. Just to clarify they have an office that can be visited?

Thanks
iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work
Alienware R13 2017 GTX1060 Oled
Macbook Air 13 thin, light and unapologetically dated, yet I use it more than my Alien