Author Topic: Android thread  (Read 122650 times)

Offline ris

Re: Android thread
« Reply #1640 on: March 28, 2018, 11:19:47 AM »
I just uninstalled it. Can't make sense of what it needs the mic for. Besides, I've never used the app before as it's inconvenient to top up. :)

well. it has a new promo now where you get rebates for purchases in robinsons owned establishments.  seems to be really worth it.  how inconvenient is it to top up?  i top up on 7eleven and its quite fast and easy.  i even used this to pay bills.  i noticed that the posting of payment is faster(plus a rebate!  hehehe) when i first top up my paymaya and pay there.  instead of paying my bill through 7eleven cliqq store.  i had to wait about 2weeks for the payment to reflect on my bill while i only wait 3 days when i use paymaya.  sobrang dami nya na promo.  the one with robinsons is where you purchase in their store and you get 30% or 20% rebate on any purchase as long as you use paymaya QR.  maximum of 500 for the 30%.  and its per store per day.  even the supermarket is included in that promo.  but max rebate for that is 300.  i havent tried the robinsons promo yet but the bill rebates and even load rebates were real.  they even had a promo where you load 50 and you would get 50 back as a rebate.  its as if you topped up 50 to buy something else since the load you purchase gets returned to you.  plus, there is the mvprewards card which is free
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1641 on: April 14, 2018, 05:06:08 PM »
so it's revealed just a few minutes ago that Zenfone 5q will carry a P16,995 pricetag. reasonable for the specs, i think. but from the live presentation what bothers me is the prevalent AI that monitors everything from the user's activity, sleep patterns and even the environment. that can't be helpful for the battery life. considering how buggy my Zenfone 3 Max's software is, i highly doubt Asus has optimized the AI so that it plays well with the battery.

so nope, not gonna buy that.

next week, i'm gonna replace my Zenfone 3 Max with Huawei Nova 2i. according to a friend, the camera's good, Mobile Legends runs well, and battery is decent enough. then i'll send the Zenfone to be repaired. i'll sell it after.

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1642 on: April 17, 2018, 05:06:44 PM »
got me a Huawei Nova 2i yesterday. battery drained 1% while i was asleep (10 pm to 5 am). much better than my ZF3 Max's 40% drain.

the screen's more saturated with color, camera takes much better pics and i could run Mobile Legends on high settings with smooth FPS (ML on ZF3 was only at medium and it still stutters often). Nova also doesn't heat up as much, even while playing games.

worth the price.

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #1643 on: April 24, 2018, 07:27:21 AM »
got me a Huawei Nova 2i yesterday. battery drained 1% while i was asleep (10 pm to 5 am). much better than my ZF3 Max's 40% drain.

the screen's more saturated with color, camera takes much better pics and i could run Mobile Legends on high settings with smooth FPS (ML on ZF3 was only at medium and it still stutters often). Nova also doesn't heat up as much, even while playing games.

worth the price.

hi seph,

how's your phone chugging along? any unusual issues or stuff?  i came across a long-term review in gsmarena and elsewhere, it's known as the mate 10 lite
https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_10_lite_long_term-review-1738p6.php
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1644 on: April 24, 2018, 07:46:55 AM »
hello, Master Dean.

i am pleased to report that so far i am very satisfied with Huawei Nova 2i. it's very responsive, has a lot of features (and i am sure there are still more i haven't found out yet), has a great display (it's large, saturated nicely and i can read ebooks comfortably), can run Mobile Legends on high settings without stuttering (unlike my ZF 3 Max), camera is an upgrade to that of ZF3 Max (i grew fond of taking bokeh shots lol) and is extremely energy efficient (overnight it loses 1-2% and just around 20-25% the whole day not counting playing ML at night. i am not connected to wifi most of the time though)

good riddance Zenfone 3 Max :lol:

as for the Huawei Mate 10 lite, i have considered it, but considering it has better hardware but similar battery capacity, i decided not to go for it. i haven't read the article on your link before, but after i clicked on it i immediately went to how the battery performed and it says that its performance is "pretty erratic" and look at one comment at the link:
"Worst battery pack up.. Event though it's more than 3000 mah.. Fed up with its battery. Every 3 min it will drain 1 percent.. I gave my mobile twice for service at Huawei service Centre.. Still the same." i don't want that.

so i am glad i got me a Nova 2i. however, one "unusual" thing i found is that when i drag the screen down to show some options and notifications the screen turns black but the icons and fonts are still there (maybe for good contrast and readability?). dunno if it's just my phone or if that's a general feature.

bakit, sir? bibili ka ba ng bagong phone?

Offline dean

• Administrator
« Reply #1645 on: April 24, 2018, 09:07:08 AM »
hi boss seph,

nova 2i = mate 10 lite
https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_10_lite-8857.php
Also known as Huawei Nova 2i, Nova2i (Malaysia), Huawei Maimang 6 (China), Huawei Honor 9i (India), Huawei G10

not me but the wifey wanted to know about it and i remembered that you posted that you got one recently.  she's considering it but hasn't really decided on it.  it's looking like the best candidate for the price at the moment.

after what you went through with the asus, i'm happy that you're having good experiences with it.  from what i read around it's supposed to get android 8.0 too so that's definitely a plus.
Make yourself heard
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1646 on: April 24, 2018, 09:12:28 AM »
ah. mali ako. nasa isip ko yung upcoming P20 Lite. :lol:

so far, zero problems naman sa akin as stated, except nga dun sa weird black background screen pag drag down ng top ng screen na di ko alam kung ganun talaga. bukas daanan ko Huawei center sa Festival Mall test ko ibang units nila.

baka may batches lang talaga na bad ang batteries? gaya nung Zenfone ko di naman lahat ng ganun may battery problem pero madami pa rin nag report.

Offline dean

• Administrator
« Reply #1647 on: April 24, 2018, 10:48:22 AM »
yeah, baka nga. actually ako gusto ko rin yung 2i but my phone still works without any issue so i dont really need it hehe
Make yourself heard

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1648 on: April 24, 2018, 05:00:18 PM »
incidentally, nung time na binili ko yung Nova 2i may isa pang guy sa store na naghahanap ng phone para sa 20th year anniv nila ng wife nya. 2i nirecommend nung salesladies sa kanya.

Offline ris

« Reply #1649 on: April 24, 2018, 05:14:30 PM »
incidentally, nung time na binili ko yung Nova 2i may isa pang guy sa store na naghahanap ng phone para sa 20th year anniv nila ng wife nya. 2i nirecommend nung salesladies sa kanya.

did you buy the phone with freebies?

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1650 on: April 24, 2018, 05:26:45 PM »
no freebies sa Huawei store. i dunno sa ibang store kung meron. pero for my peace of mind kumagat na ako kasi yung ZF 3 Max ko eh di ko binili sa  Asus store.

Online theDUD3

« Reply #1651 on: April 24, 2018, 07:01:32 PM »
P20 Pro, P20 & P20 Lite will be released next week in the Philippines.
Ryzen 7 7100 | Fatality ASRock X370 Gaming K4 | 2x8GB TridentZ RGB 3200 | GTX 980 Ti 6GB OC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD  + 4TB Storage | 27" Dell U2713H @ 2560x1440

Offline dean

• Administrator
« Reply #1652 on: April 25, 2018, 09:41:17 AM »
looking at the p20 lite...it's very close spec-wise to the 2i:  same chipset, same camera but it does have the notch, a newer os/ui, usb type c and better build. 
Make yourself heard

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1653 on: April 25, 2018, 03:38:11 PM »
@master dean

dumaan ako kanina sa huawei center. talagang nag black ang screen opag drag down nung menu. para nga siguro readable kahit ano pa wallpaper.

Offline dean

• Administrator
« Reply #1654 on: April 26, 2018, 07:30:46 AM »
@boss seph,

that's good to know.  thanks for the update.

on a different note, we managed to sort out the problem with my wife's phone...basically, files were corrupted so she initially thought it was the phone conking out but it was easily solved by the usual reformat technique prescribed by tech stores of old (in this case, reformat the memory card LOL).  i do hope that it really is just the memory card and not the phone itself that's having problems.  it's a moto g4 play (entry level of lenovo/moto for 2016) and we got it for a steal price and she really just wanted a basic phone that works.  it shipped with android 6.0 and lenovo/moto delivered on their promise to update it to nougat (7.1.2) and that's pretty good consider that it's just an entry level phone.
Make yourself heard

Offline ris

« Reply #1655 on: April 26, 2018, 03:21:08 PM »
@master dean

dumaan ako kanina sa huawei center. talagang nag black ang screen opag drag down nung menu. para nga siguro readable kahit ano pa wallpaper.

do you mean the notifications and toggle bar?  not sure with huawei but sa xiaomi depende yun sa theme kung mag black or transparent.  pati nga yung recents kayang gawin na transparent lang depende sa theme.  sa akin ngayon pag nag recents menu ako nasa background parin ang currently used app ko.  tuloy tuloy parin sya kahit nakalabas na ang recents.  ang pagkaalala ko kasi dati nagiging black background ang recents ko.  pinalitan ko lang ang theme kaya naging transparent nalang

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1656 on: April 26, 2018, 06:10:59 PM »
@boss seph,

on a different note, we managed to sort out the problem with my wife's phone...basically, files were corrupted so she initially thought it was the phone conking out but it was easily solved by the usual reformat technique prescribed by tech stores of old (in this case, reformat the memory card LOL).  i do hope that it really is just the memory card and not the phone itself that's having problems.  it's a moto g4 play (entry level of lenovo/moto for 2016) and we got it for a steal price and she really just wanted a basic phone that works.  it shipped with android 6.0 and lenovo/moto delivered on their promise to update it to nougat (7.1.2) and that's pretty good consider that it's just an entry level phone.
well, that's good! if my zf didn';t have such a bad problem i would not have bought a new phone. here's hoping her phone's issues are gone for good.

@master dean

do you mean the notifications and toggle bar?  not sure with huawei but sa xiaomi depende yun sa theme kung mag black or transparent.  pati nga yung recents kayang gawin na transparent lang depende sa theme.  sa akin ngayon pag nag recents menu ako nasa background parin ang currently used app ko.  tuloy tuloy parin sya kahit nakalabas na ang recents.  ang pagkaalala ko kasi dati nagiging black background ang recents ko.  pinalitan ko lang ang theme kaya naging transparent nalang
ah. di ko pa pinapalitan ng theme yung sa akin, pero yung nasa store iba yung theme pero black pa rin yung notifications background.

Offline ris

« Reply #1657 on: April 26, 2018, 06:22:05 PM »
@boss seph,

well, that's good! if my zf didn';t have such a bad problem i would not have bought a new phone. here's hoping her phone's issues are gone for good.

@master dean

ah. di ko pa pinapalitan ng theme yung sa akin, pero yung nasa store iba yung theme pero black pa rin yung notifications background.

specific talaga yung theme na yun.  kaya mahirap din hanapin. 

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #1658 on: April 26, 2018, 07:25:22 PM »
ah. eh ngayong alam ko na na di bug yung black background ayus na sa akin.

at next week dadlin ko sa service center yung zenfone para paayos. benta ko o bigay sa pamangkin ko kung maaayos pa.

Offline dean

• Administrator
« Reply #1659 on: April 27, 2018, 03:39:57 PM »
boss seph,

samples naman ng bokeh bokeh with your 2i :)
Make yourself heard