Author Topic: window type aircondition, best choice?  (Read 3384 times)

Offline darkpaladin

window type aircondition, best choice?
« on: July 10, 2009, 06:29:29 PM »
are window type aircon best choice of all time unless you have space issue?

i noticed the unreasonable extra cost added on wall type, split type and standing version of aircon...

Offline calvin

Re: window type aircondition, best choice?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »
Window Type ACs are also easier to maintain than split type ACs

Offline baktol

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:50:16 PM »
the disadvantage is, unless you already have pre-cut holes in your wall, you usually have to saw off a few window grills and re-align a few window panels to install. 

also, window-type A/Cs are pretty noisy as compared to the split-types that are whisper quiet.
Emaxx EMX-780G-ACC / AMD Sempron 140@3.01GHz / Kingston Value RAM 4GB (2GB*2) / LiteOn 24x DVD-RW / HEC Raptor 500W / Seagate 500GB SATA / Seagate 80GB SATA / Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Offline baron

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »
It all depends on where you'll set it up. Typically, window types are the best bang for buck but there are some cases where the other types do better.

I go with split types, particularly those with inverter technology. Apart from the advantage of minimal noise, my electricity bill has gone down by 40% (total household) and this was in the summer months. Also, temperature is very stable as the aircon doesn't shut off when the temps become too cold. There's a window type with inverter, but it's very expensive (I think only Hitachi offers this).

Offline slide

• Veterans
  • Relax, I own j00
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 11:54:40 PM »
It all depends on where you'll set it up. Typically, window types are the best bang for buck but there are some cases where the other types do better.

I go with split types, particularly those with inverter technology. Apart from the advantage of minimal noise, my electricity bill has gone down by 40% (total household) and this was in the summer months. Also, temperature is very stable as the aircon doesn't shut off when the temps become too cold. There's a window type with inverter, but it's very expensive (I think only Hitachi offers this).

sulit ba yung inverter-type a/c kung around 4 hours per day lang yung gamit?

Offline jepoi

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 06:01:42 AM »
what does the inverter do?

Offline darkpaladin

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 11:18:44 AM »
more details about the inverter would enlighten us

Offline rene_canlas

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 01:39:07 AM »
Learn more about inverter technology in Airconditioners here:
http://www.panasonic.com.au/airconditioning/inverter.cfm

Comparing them to an old 1.5hp Condura that I had, my 1.5hp Panasonic Split type AC with Inverter technology is at least 30% more efficient.
Intel Core I5 3570K, Antec Kuhler H20 620, MSI Z77N-WiFi, 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600, FSP Raider 550W, 2 x Benq GW2450 LED, Sapphire HD 7970 3GB,  Arctic Accelero Hybrid WC, 6Tb Buffalo Terastation Pro 2 NAS, Bitfenix Prodigy, Logitech G15, Logitech G7, Logitech QuickCam Pro 900

Offline popoy

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 08:08:43 AM »
malaki ba agwat sa pricing ng inverter sa noninverter type?
shit happens.

Offline darkpaladin

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »
is it worth the extra price? i remember the window type aircon comes with compressor that has 5 years warranty

Offline rene_canlas

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »
When I bought the units for my condo back in April 08, the panasonic inverter types were more expensive by around 10-12T each.  After 14 months I am confident to say nabawi ko din yung difference through energy efficiency.
Intel Core I5 3570K, Antec Kuhler H20 620, MSI Z77N-WiFi, 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600, FSP Raider 550W, 2 x Benq GW2450 LED, Sapphire HD 7970 3GB,  Arctic Accelero Hybrid WC, 6Tb Buffalo Terastation Pro 2 NAS, Bitfenix Prodigy, Logitech G15, Logitech G7, Logitech QuickCam Pro 900

Offline ris

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »
10T?  that much?  parang ang laki naman sobra ng premium
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline darkpaladin

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 01:50:12 AM »
how about the durability of Panasonic "inverter" technology compare to other aircon? Does it come with 5 years warranty on compressors?

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 03:07:31 AM »
IIRC same as the industry standard. 1 year warranty on parts/labor, 5 years on sealed refrigeration systems (compressor and whatnot)
fhtagn

Offline baron

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 11:29:43 AM »
The energy rating is about 13+. I've been thinking of buying it a year earlier, but I was putting it off primarily because it was expensive (at the time around 32k for 1.5hp) and no one I knew was using it. I was using an old window type aircon and my electricty bill averaged around 10k using the aircon around 8 hours a day. The problem I had with it, apart from the noise was that the it was too cold, then after a while, becomes too hot under the comforters when the compressor shuts down. When my baby arrived, the compressor switching on wakes up the baby so I finally decided to get the inverter type. After two months, my electricity bill was down to 5-6k and aircon was on more than 12 hours a day. So in my case, the new aircon paid for itself less than a year.

I'm transferring to a new house soon and I liked the tecnology so much, I bought a new ref with inverter tech.

sulit ba yung inverter-type a/c kung around 4 hours per day lang yung gamit?
I think it is. But the savings to cover the cost of the new aircon would probably take longer.

how about the durability of Panasonic "inverter" technology compare to other aircon? Does it come with 5 years warranty on compressors?
There's just one problem with my panasonic, I noticed if the fan control is set to auto, when you turn it on, it stays off for a minute or two before starting the draft (no air comes out from the indoor unit). I don't recally if it was like that when it was brand new (bought Sept 08), but apart from that, everything's ok so far. Not sure if this is a defect. rene_canlass, does your aircon do the same thing?

Offline darkpaladin

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 12:20:55 PM »
now i'm interested with panasonic aircondition... where do I get one? :)

Offline baktol

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 12:24:49 PM »
Panasonic is known for the quality of their compressors.  Several A/C and fridge brands such as Kelvinator, Carrier, Condura all use OEM Panasonic compressors.  Even if you decide not to get the Inverter tech type, just make sure you get one with a Panasonic compressor (the salesperson usually knows this and uses it as a selling point).
Emaxx EMX-780G-ACC / AMD Sempron 140@3.01GHz / Kingston Value RAM 4GB (2GB*2) / LiteOn 24x DVD-RW / HEC Raptor 500W / Seagate 500GB SATA / Seagate 80GB SATA / Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Offline darkpaladin

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »
i want the one with inverter technology

Offline baktol

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 12:29:34 PM »
^
so do I. 

I just wish they'd find a way to integrate inverter tech with a window-type aircon to bring the cost down...  hehe.

Offline rene_canlas

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 02:56:02 AM »
I'm transferring to a new house soon and I liked the tecnology so much, I bought a new ref with inverter tech.

There's just one problem with my panasonic, I noticed if the fan control is set to auto, when you turn it on, it stays off for a minute or two before starting the draft (no air comes out from the indoor unit). I don't recally if it was like that when it was brand new (bought Sept 08), but apart from that, everything's ok so far. Not sure if this is a defect. rene_canlass, does your aircon do the same thing?

I also bought a Panasonic inverter ref (freezer at the bottom).

Yup all my panasonic aircons behave the same way.