Author Topic: Destiny Cable Internet + WRT54G2 = TROUBLE!  (Read 2153 times)

Offline egzbuen

Destiny Cable Internet + WRT54G2 = TROUBLE!
« on: July 05, 2009, 11:40:19 PM »
Using my WRT54G2 with my internet connection, I simply cannot get it to work properly or flawlessly.

This is my current set-up: Cable Modem --- wired to ---> WRT54G2 --- wired to --> PC1 but wireless to laptop and PC2.

Network gaming is fine with the two (2) desktops but sharing internet is not working at all. I may have to power on and off about 5x to 10x and manually release and renew my dns entries/dhcps and even go to dos prompt (via cmd) to do ipconfig /release and /renew before I can even get it to work. I do this everytime I need to connect to the internet. As in everyday!!! Worse, sometimes it simply doesn't work. And when I say it doesn't, even PC1 cannot connect or does not have any internet connection.

The only solution to this right now just to be able to use the internet is simply disconnect the router and connect PC1 directly to my cable mode. With this, it simply has NO friggin' problem at all.

To make matters worse, these are the solutions (if you can even call it a solution) offered by Destiny CSRs and their tech support:

1. "Sir, we do not support wi-fi routers".
2. "Sir, kahit anong ISP, walang ng su-support ng wi-fi router".
3. "Sir, i-mo-monitor namin yung connection niyo"
4. "Sir, sira ata wi-fi router niyo"

This is one of their interesting reasons or alibi:

5. "Sir, problem ng Destiny talaga ang dhcp servers namin ngayon. This was a problem last year. It was resolved but now its back but we will do something about it".

Sad part, when I mentioned no. 5 to other CSR's, this is what they told me:

6. "Sir, sino yung CSR na nakausap niyo? Dapat kasi hindi sinasabi yang problem na yan. Internal lang ho yan at dapat hindi sinasabi ng CSR sa subscriber"

Spoke to another CSR to get a second and third opinion, and this was their explanation to me:

7. "Sir, hindi tutuo ho yan" "walang problem ang dhcp servers namin" and then they go back by giving me reason numbers 1 to 4 above.

PLEASE HELP ME:

I. Can anyone help me set-up properly my wireless connection?
II. Anyone whose on Destiny right now who has no problems with using a wi-fi router?
II. When I do get lucky and get to use my internet with the wi-fi router connected, after using it a few hours, internet connection stops and I have to do all over again the manual dhcp release and renew and the ipconfig release and renew all over again.

Changing ISP is out of the question right now as I have been to Bayan, PLDT and others but, interestingly, I get the best speed pa rin with Destiny at the 999/month category.

Thanks in advance.
AMD X2 7750 Black Edition
Asus M3A78-CM
PC 4670 gddr3 512mb
8gb DDR800
2tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
LG 22x DVD writer

A64 - 3500+
KN1 SLI Extreme
Palit 7300GT 256mb
1GB Kingston ddr400
500GB Seagate SATA II
200GB Seagate IDE
LG DVD Writer LS

Dell Inspiron Notebook
Intel Core Duo

Offline josekym

• http://
Re: Destiny Cable Internet + WRT54G2 = TROUBLE!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »
Can you elaborate on the IP configurations you have for the modem, router and PCs?

Also, how is your cable modem getting the connection?  DHCP? Static IP?.  You may need to tweak your WAN settings (i.e. connection type, MTU, MAC Cloning, etc.) for it to work properly.

Offline calvin

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »
My cousin's subscribed to destiny too... and she currently has the same problem.

Offline egzbuen

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 01:00:07 AM »
Can you elaborate on the IP configurations you have for the modem, router and PCs?

Also, how is your cable modem getting the connection?  DHCP? Static IP?.  You may need to tweak your WAN settings (i.e. connection type, MTU, MAC Cloning, etc.) for it to work properly.

Yea, did those as well. Using DHCP, also tried static. Also tried MAC cloning but no dough.
My cousin's subscribed to destiny too... and she currently has the same problem.

How did she resolve the problem.

As usual, my internet is intermittent.  This morning, I simply coudn't get it to wookr but after getting him tonigh, one click, and voila, it works.
Asus M3A78-CM
PC 4670 gddr3 512mb
8gb DDR800
2tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
LG 22x DVD writer

A64 - 3500+
KN1 SLI Extreme
Palit 7300GT 256mb
1GB Kingston ddr400
500GB Seagate SATA II
200GB Seagate IDE
LG DVD Writer LS

Dell Inspiron Notebook
Intel Core Duo

Offline calvin

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:54:10 PM »
^^^ She subscribed to globe.
for the same price, she's apparently getting twice the speed.

Offline egzbuen

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
^^^ She subscribed to globe.
for the same price, she's apparently getting twice the speed.

Wow, maybe I should look into that.

But, for now, for the 999/month price range and despite my troubles/owes with Destiny, they are still the fastest.
Asus M3A78-CM
PC 4670 gddr3 512mb
8gb DDR800
2tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
LG 22x DVD writer

A64 - 3500+
KN1 SLI Extreme
Palit 7300GT 256mb
1GB Kingston ddr400
500GB Seagate SATA II
200GB Seagate IDE
LG DVD Writer LS

Dell Inspiron Notebook
Intel Core Duo

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:24:55 AM »
If you can't get internet connectiona nd you're not having any trouble connecting to the router then it's a problem with the cable internet connection. It might be network trouble on their end with their dhcp or maybe the cable modem is looking for a particular mac address. What cable modem did they give you? Is it s dumb modem or does it do dhcp.

Offline egzbuen

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 11:45:59 AM »
If you can't get internet connectiona nd you're not having any trouble connecting to the router then it's a problem with the cable internet connection. It might be network trouble on their end with their dhcp or maybe the cable modem is looking for a particular mac address. What cable modem did they give you? Is it s dumb modem or does it do dhcp.

According to one CSR who slipped, she told me that Destiny's DHCP problem last year is what they are experiencing right now.. So I guess, that it.  However, does this DHCP thingy only come out or affect my connection when using a wifi router? Again, when using direct connection, or without any wifi router, my internet connection is perfect.

Will check again at home tonight for the specific model but the modem they gave me is a Motorolla surf board somethingy....
Asus M3A78-CM
PC 4670 gddr3 512mb
8gb DDR800
2tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
4tb Seagate
LG 22x DVD writer

A64 - 3500+
KN1 SLI Extreme
Palit 7300GT 256mb
1GB Kingston ddr400
500GB Seagate SATA II
200GB Seagate IDE
LG DVD Writer LS

Dell Inspiron Notebook
Intel Core Duo

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 11:36:51 AM »
oh noes!!!
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters