Author Topic: paano kung ang gas ay nsa 100 pesos = 1 Liter ?  (Read 10223 times)

Offline Sephiroth

Re: paano kung ang gas ay nsa 100 pesos = 1 Liter ?
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 04:48:03 PM »
Until you encounter someone who is not as experienced and responsible as you are that is.  :lol:

I wish I could bike from San Pedro to Ortigas in an hour. That'll save me more than a hundred pesos in bus fare.

Offline SPOZ

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »
I know this may be a bit farfetched to most of you down-to-earth people, but China and even the US are considering this fact--the lunar regolith (soil) contains Helium-3.

...The Moon's surface contains helium-3 at concentrations on the order of 0.01 ppm. A number of people, starting with Gerald Kulcinski in 1986, have proposed to explore the moon, mine lunar regolith and using the helium-3 for fusion. Because of the low concentrations of helium-3, any mining equipment would need to process large amounts of regolith, and some proposals have suggested that helium-3 extraction be piggybacked onto a larger mining and development operation.

Cosmochemist and geochemist Ouyang Ziyuan from the Chinese Academy of Sciences who is now in charge of the Chinese Lunar Exploration Program has already stated on many occasions that one of the main goals of the program would be the mining of helium-3, from where "each year three space shuttle missions could bring enough fuel for all human beings across the world."

In January 2006 the Russian space company RKK Energiya announced that it considers lunar helium-3 a potential economic resource to be mined by 2020, if funding can be found.

rest of entry here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helium-3

IMHO this is basically why China is interested in space exploration and the moon--it knows it's got a monster of a consumer and industrial economy just waking up, and unless it finds an energy source that's less harmful to the environment and less "depletable" (if there was such a word) than fossil fuels, it too will face a major energy crisis in the future.

-RODION

I have also watch a documentary on this that is why there is a new race to the moon. But I think this is much further into the future and we needed an alternative immediately.

Is the quote below viable option? Compressed Natural Gas dont know anything about it do converted LPG vehicles also can be filled-up with it?

LTFRB seeks public transport’s ‘100% use’ of CNG by 2010

By Abigail Kwok
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 15:24:00 06/09/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- To help ease the burden of the public transport sector amid the continuing rise in the prices of fuel, the Land Transportation and Franchising Regulatory Board (LTFRB) is gearing up for the use of 100 percent compressed natural gas (CNG) of public utility vehicles (PUVs) by 2010.

“By 2010, all buses, taxis, and jeepneys, should be CNG operated,” Chairman Thompson Lantion disclosed in a press conference on Monday.

Lantion said CNG was cheaper than diesel since a liter would only cost from P20 to P25.

“This will be our direction. We will no longer be dependent on diesel because CNG is made locally so it is cheaper,” he said.

CNG would be obtained at the Malampaya Natural Gas off the shores of Palawan province, Lantion said.

Apart from CNG, the LTFRB also plans to use liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) to replace diesel.

Lantion also revealed that the opening of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 3 would be “very soon.”

Although he refused to elaborate, Lantion said the opening could be within the month.

On Independence Day, Lantion said LTFRB and the Department of Transportation and Communication would also officially start the construction of the “closed loop” that would connect Light Rail Transit Line (LRT) 1’s Monumento Station to Metro Rail Transit’s (MRT) North Avenue Station.

The first hybrid PUVs running on LPG, CNG, and electricity would be unveiled during the LTFRB anniversary on June 16, Lantion said.

On May 22, Transportation and Communication secretary Leandro Mendoza said that President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo released a P1 billion budget to allow PUVs to loan to convert their engines to hybrids.

There would be LPG jeepneys, diesel electric cars, CNG electric cars, and 100% CNG-operated PUVs, Lantion said.

“We would also reveal metered taxis with receipt, with the uniform yellow bodies,” Lantion said.

But the LTFRB chief admitted that electricity-operated PUVs were not feasible at the moment.

“These are classified as low speed cars that won’t work in the metro. These are better in villages,” he said.

Instead of regretting about the past, what's most important is to change the present for the future.

What Doesn’t Kill You, Make You Stronger!!!

Offline Hajile

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 05:02:16 PM »
Ok lang ba sa lupa ang laging mais ang tanim?
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Offline baktol

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2008, 06:30:49 PM »
sana mauso na ang telecommuting...
Emaxx EMX-780G-ACC / AMD Sempron 140@3.01GHz / Kingston Value RAM 4GB (2GB*2) / LiteOn 24x DVD-RW / HEC Raptor 500W / Seagate 500GB SATA / Seagate 80GB SATA / Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Offline rodion_herrera

• Avatrian, LLC
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2008, 06:49:52 PM »
Until you encounter someone who is not as experienced and responsible as you are that is.  :lol:

Yes, pero diba that's not exclusive to bicycles? I mean if you're driving a car, or riding in a bus, and another car driver near your vehicle that is not as experienced and responsible as you are, or the driver of the bus you're riding in, then chances are you'll end up in a mishap with him. The injury level may vary but still, accidents are accidents.

-RODION

Offline Udongski

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 07:19:16 PM »
P100/liter?  I'll be utilizing our mass transport system.  But there are a lot of improvement needed for these facilities to be efficient.  More/frequent MRT/LRT trips on rush hour.  I've noticed that the interval between trains are irregular ranging from 5 mins to even as long as 30 mins especially on the LRT one line.  And when they do arrive its usually packed like sardines in a can.  And when you get off, you'll all have the same aroma.

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »

Yes, pero diba that's not exclusive to bicycles? I mean if you're driving a car, or riding in a bus, and another car driver near your vehicle that is not as experienced and responsible as you are, or the driver of the bus you're riding in, then chances are you'll end up in a mishap with him. The injury level may vary but still, accidents are accidents.

-RODION
Yup. But a bicycle does not offer as much protection as a bus. The medical expenses (and possible permanent injuries) could well be not worth the risk. Still, if the road feels safe enough to ride a bike upon, then it's good. Should be good for health too.

Offline Ulysses

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 07:54:09 PM »
bike would be a great alternative here but your very prone to accidents specially at night and that would outweigh its benefits

It's not accidents that you have to look out for; this could spawn a new industry called agaw-bisikleta.

I know a lot of us can take care of ourselves; but how about women, kids and other people no as physically endowed.

Offline borgy_t

• financial advisor
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »
Should be good for health too.
err, not with all the pollution in the metro...
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | WD SN750 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | Logitech G102 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline Udongski

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 01:48:37 AM »
Having less cars on the road would reduce carbon emissions thereby lowering air pollution as well.  As if there would be a difference when taking the jeep or ordinary bus than using a bicycle.  Bike lanes would be the answer to safety concerns, but as we have congested and narrow roads, I don't think there would be enough space to put in one.

Offline i2mp

• Linux Mint 9
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 12:56:52 PM »
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=8878

‘Perhaps 60% of today’s oil price is pure speculation’
i7 6700K | EVGA GTX 980 4GB | MSI Z170A M7 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 (16x4) | Samsung 850 EVO (250GB + 500GB) M.2 SSD | Corsair H110i GT Liquid Cooler | LG BD-writer | Lepo 80plusGold G700M | Corsair C70 MilitaryGreen | TP-LINK N900 Wifi card | LG 29UM55-P UltraWide

Offline jayzZEe

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 02:50:33 PM »
yep, speculation talaga.

Offline Ulysses

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 05:06:03 PM »
yep, speculation talaga.

Di naman siguro :silly:

Offline merlin

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2008, 10:43:14 PM »
have you guys seen the documentary "Who killed the electric car?" I just acquired a copy a few hours ago. It's a good movie.

Medyo OT pero, bibili ako ng bike sa saturday. Hindi ako marunong pero mag aaral nako mag bike. My office is just 2km from my home. I've been bringing my car to work almost everyday for the past couple of years. I should have learned how to ride a bike a long time ago.

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2008, 11:17:20 PM »
Good for you. I wish my office is just as near.

Offline i2mp

• Linux Mint 9
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 02:14:24 AM »
have you guys seen the documentary "Who killed the electric car?" I just acquired a copy a few hours ago. It's a good movie.

Medyo OT pero, bibili ako ng bike sa saturday. Hindi ako marunong pero mag aaral nako mag bike. My office is just 2km from my home. I've been bringing my car to work almost everyday for the past couple of years. I should have learned how to ride a bike a long time ago.

yup, saw it last year
i7 6700K | EVGA GTX 980 4GB | MSI Z170A M7 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 (16x4) | Samsung 850 EVO (250GB + 500GB) M.2 SSD | Corsair H110i GT Liquid Cooler | LG BD-writer | Lepo 80plusGold G700M | Corsair C70 MilitaryGreen | TP-LINK N900 Wifi card | LG 29UM55-P UltraWide

Offline icedrop

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 02:00:12 PM »
makapag teleport na nga lang..
because there is no patch for human stupidity

Offline bodol

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 02:36:12 PM »
mag-alaga ako ng kabayo
:)
o mahal din and horsefeed?

Offline zer0

• just breathe...
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 02:38:09 PM »
makapag teleport na nga lang..

ala jumper?

Offline calvin

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 11:56:38 AM »
mag-alaga ako ng kabayo
:)
o mahal din and horsefeed?

mas mahal yata mag maintain ng kabayo...  :silly: