Author Topic: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?  (Read 129681 times)

Offline WallyWest

Re: May nabago ba sa myDSL ninyo?
« Reply #1260 on: May 11, 2018, 10:37:47 PM »
Had our Speedsurf modem changed. The replacement modem is a Prolink something adsl2+ with a cheap plastic exterior and ultrabright green (the Green Lantern kind of green) LEDs.

Wala na ba talagang adminpldt account? I can't change the dns settings anymore.

ang alam ko dapat meron.  pero kung pareho ang nangyayari dyan sa mga fiber users.  i guess you need to call pldt and ask them if they blocked the dns settings on your end. 

ano bang error ang lumalabas?  kung username/password is incorrect hindi blocked ang access mo.  mali lang ang username or password.  pag naka blocked ka ang lalabas na error ay "you do not have access to this account" or something to similar to that
User name and password error. I can log in as "admin" where I can access the wlan settings pero wala na yung "adminpldt".

Offline ris

« Reply #1261 on: May 11, 2018, 10:48:08 PM »
Had our Speedsurf modem changed. The replacement modem is a Prolink something adsl2+ with a cheap plastic exterior and ultrabright green (the Green Lantern kind of green) LEDs.

ang alam ko dapat meron.  pero kung pareho ang nangyayari dyan sa mga fiber users.  i guess you need to call pldt and ask them if they blocked the dns settings on your end. 

ano bang error ang lumalabas?  kung username/password is incorrect hindi blocked ang access mo.  mali lang ang username or password.  pag naka blocked ka ang lalabas na error ay "you do not have access to this account" or something to similar to that
User name and password error. I can log in as "admin" where I can access the wlan settings pero wala na yung "adminpldt".

baka mali lang password mo kung ganon.  na try mo adminpldt both username and password?  or 0987654321 ang password?  not sure kung meron pang iba na username for the superadmin account
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline lahar

« Reply #1262 on: May 12, 2018, 06:53:12 AM »

Have your searched the TPC forum's PDLT thread? Someone there must have encountered your modem. You can also try PinoyDSL forums. If all else fails, set the modem to bridge mode and use your own router.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #1263 on: May 12, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »

Have your searched the TPC forum's PDLT thread? Someone there must have encountered your modem. You can also try PinoyDSL forums. If all else fails, set the modem to bridge mode and use your own router.
Good idea. I completely forgot all about tpc.

I need it to be in router mode though.

Offline lahar

« Reply #1264 on: June 13, 2018, 07:36:37 PM »
They just installed my fiber connection around lunchtime today. Considering I just applied online last June 2, it was fast! Still running on the old copper DSL line right now as the Fiber still needs to be activated, hopefully by tomorrow. The moment it activates I'm having the old line disconnected. Just peeved I have to get a new number and not keep my old one. I wish number portability is available in the Philippines like in other countries.

Offline ris

« Reply #1265 on: June 13, 2018, 07:59:06 PM »
They just installed my fiber connection around lunchtime today. Considering I just applied online last June 2, it was fast! Still running on the old copper DSL line right now as the Fiber still needs to be activated, hopefully by tomorrow. The moment it activates I'm having the old line disconnected. Just peeved I have to get a new number and not keep my old one. I wish number portability is available in the Philippines like in other countries.

?  maybe you applied for a new line instead of migration.  i still have my old copper line phone number now even on fiber.  is it globe or pldt fiber?

Offline lahar

« Reply #1266 on: June 13, 2018, 08:03:10 PM »

?  maybe you applied for a new line instead of migration.  i still have my old copper line phone number now even on fiber.  is it globe or pldt fiber?

No option for migration when applying online, if there is I couldn't find it on the PLDT site. On the bright side the old number has a lot of spammers and telemarketers on it already. Hassle lang mag-update.

Offline ris

« Reply #1267 on: June 13, 2018, 09:18:15 PM »

No option for migration when applying online, if there is I couldn't find it on the PLDT site. On the bright side the old number has a lot of spammers and telemarketers on it already. Hassle lang mag-update.

i think you create an account first on the pldt website then you could migrate from there.  anyway, yang spammers na yan di mawawala kasi si pldt mismo spammer eh.  hahaha!  get ready to be offered a telpad, smart plan or whatever other pldt prodcuts they could offer

Offline calvin

« Reply #1268 on: June 14, 2018, 09:06:27 PM »

i think you create an account first on the pldt website then you could migrate from there.  anyway, yang spammers na yan di mawawala kasi si pldt mismo spammer eh.  hahaha!  get ready to be offered a telpad, smart plan or whatever other pldt prodcuts they could offer

It's actually the newer numbers that get spam calls more often...
Our old number rarely gets calls now (puro mga PLDT telemarketers lang... lol)

Offline borgy_t

• jobless
« Reply #1269 on: August 04, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »
customer service has been really bad since they removed their contractuals. i even heard their AVP/VP's have been forced to respond to site repair/inspection (probably for really VIP subscribers). buti na lang our connection has been really good these past few months...
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline lahar

« Reply #1270 on: August 04, 2018, 06:04:49 PM »
customer service has been really bad since they removed their contractuals. i even heard their AVP/VP's have been forced to respond to site repair/inspection (probably for really VIP subscribers). buti na lang our connection has been really good these past few months...

Last month I wanted to talk over the phone with  a CSR  for a billing dispute but there was none.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1271 on: August 04, 2018, 06:43:28 PM »
Labor dispute still not settled? A co-worker got Fibr physically installed but it was never made operational. No one answering the phone either...
fhtagn

Offline borgy_t

• jobless
« Reply #1272 on: August 06, 2018, 12:01:13 PM »
CA blocked the DOLE order for them to regularize all contractuals... but they also ruled that the repairmen, CSR people must be regularized.
my parents' DSL connection has been really slow since the rains 3 weeks ago, they've reported to PLDT and someone actually answered! it will take 15-20 days for someone to inspect their connection. geesh. in the meantime they bought a prepaid pocket-wifi.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #1273 on: August 07, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »
Looks like I'll have to apply for a new DSL (or hopefully Fibr) connection and at the same time apply for disconnection of our old line as early as now.
Will be moving house mid-September and we can't afford not having any internet connection on the day that we move in.

Offline calvin

« Reply #1274 on: August 08, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »
Looks like I'll have to apply for a new DSL (or hopefully Fibr) connection and at the same time apply for disconnection of our old line as early as now.
Will be moving house mid-September and we can't afford not having any internet connection on the day that we move in.

yup... easier to apply for a new one than to have the old one relocated...

Offline motion55

« Reply #1275 on: August 16, 2018, 06:37:57 PM »
We are upgrading from DSL plan 999 (allegedly 5mbps) + phone to UNLI Fibr 1899. But because we are on a condo, the fiber cable is only up to the wiring closet at the ground floor. The last few meters will be using VDSL.

I said "alleged" because before the ADSL modem would indicate only a downstream rate of about 4mbps. We were getting only about 3.6mbps effective download rate and a piss poor 700kbs upload rate. Soon after we applied for the upgrade, the downstream rate went up to 20mbps. On Speedtest, we were getting 16mbps.

The technician delivered the VDSL modem the other day but did not proceed to upgrade because our line was "not yet activated". A PLDT inspector came this morning and wondered why we are still on ADSL.

The VDSL modem is model HG180U. I wonder if it is easy to switch to bridge mode. The pure fibr modem I am using at the office settings can't be changed. I asked PLDT to remotely switch it to bridge mode so I can forward ports from my router.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline calvin

« Reply #1276 on: August 16, 2018, 07:38:01 PM »
We are upgrading from DSL plan 999 (allegedly 5mbps) + phone to UNLI Fibr 1899. But because we are on a condo, the fiber cable is only up to the wiring closet at the ground floor. The last few meters will be using VDSL.

I said "alleged" because before the ADSL modem would indicate only a downstream rate of about 4mbps. We were getting only about 3.6mbps effective download rate and a piss poor 700kbs upload rate. Soon after we applied for the upgrade, the downstream rate went up to 20mbps. On Speedtest, we were getting 16mbps.

The technician delivered the VDSL modem the other day but did not proceed to upgrade because our line was "not yet activated". A PLDT inspector came this morning and wondered why we are still on ADSL.

The VDSL modem is model HG180U. I wonder if it is easy to switch to bridge mode. The pure fibr modem I am using at the office settings can't be changed. I asked PLDT to remotely switch it to bridge mode so I can forward ports from my router.

what floor is your unit in?
my classmate was able to ask the technician to install the fiber all the way to his unit on the 8th floor...

Offline lahar

« Reply #1277 on: August 16, 2018, 08:33:33 PM »
^condo administrators will not like someone poking holes and stringing wire along corridor

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1278 on: August 16, 2018, 10:11:06 PM »

This used to be configurable but PLDT silently rolled out a firmware update that locks everything out unless you ask them for a (time-limited) admin account.

Luckily it didn't affect what's already set, and I had my port forwards already done when they rolled out that update.
fhtagn

Offline borgy_t

• jobless
« Reply #1279 on: August 16, 2018, 11:37:45 PM »

congrats!! does this mean their customer service has people again? natengga yung supposed upgrade namin to fibr (pero malamang vdsl last few meters because condo din kami like you though lowrise), pupuntahan na dapat for site inspection, tapos di na natuloy nagkatanggalan na ng contractual. wtf.