Author Topic: A very strange networking problem! Pls Help!  (Read 2422 times)

Offline chinoy

• Semi-Newbie
A very strange networking problem! Pls Help!
« on: June 10, 2002, 11:53:47 AM »
Hello there people, I have a very strange problem, medyo mahaba ito, so Iíll try to shorten this, hopefully I will release more information as this forum goes, anyway here it is, bought 3 computers, P4 1.6 Gig with ECS VMM2 mobo with built in video, sound

g3gohu

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2002, 12:18:04 PM »
chinoy, i think the problem you are experiencing may be the result of the cables you are using...i noticed you also posted an inquiry about the configuration of UTP cables.  This is where it makes a difference...when you are using a 10 mbps connection (e.

Offline BaThMaN

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2002, 12:34:42 PM »
in short, i-try mo muna i-lower yung speed ng lan card down to 10mbps only...
eddie gil for president!

Offline chinoy

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2002, 01:08:52 PM »
g3gohu, thanks for the input , but as for the cables, WE DID tried it sa shop ng supplier ko and it worked! the (HUB and the CABLES), and when I went home, I tried to connect computers number 3 and 4 sa house namin and it worked, using my preinstalled UTP

g3gohu

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2002, 02:13:32 PM »
ok...you mentioned kasi that when you tried to connect all 5 computers that it didn't work...are you running 10 mbps or 100 mbps LAN cards on your home network?  the switch may have a problem establishing a 100 mbps connection, especially over longer dist

Offline chinoy

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2002, 02:47:24 PM »
the 5 computers in our house use CNet PRO200 10/100 LAN cards, the original plan was to use a CNET 10/100 hub but it didn't work (the hub was a lemon) but we were in a rush to finish the network so we settled for the next available hub, the PLANET 10mbps.

Offline zerodivide

• Administrator
  • Semi-Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2002, 03:00:44 PM »
Chinoy,

Since you are using a 10/100 switch it could be speed-detect issue with your cards.   Try to fix the settings to variations of 10/100 - full duplex/half-duplex.   Sometimes the auto-detect on Windows doesn't work well.   The best bet is to

Offline BaThMaN

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2002, 03:23:52 PM »
chinoy

pwede yun, kaso hindi sa cmos mo i-coconfigure. Tignan mo sa properties ng lan card mo. then i-set mo sa 10mbps (not full duplex muna). Then test it...
eddie gil for president!

Offline chinoy

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2002, 03:43:03 PM »
zerodivide,

ummm, nalilito na ako, are you asking about the cables in Batangas or here in my house? In the Batangas site, 3 computers, 1 and 2 are just 2 feet apart and the 3rd one is about 20 feet, here in our house, maximum distance from computer

Offline zerodivide

• Administrator
  • Semi-Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2002, 08:08:57 PM »
Chinoy,

Okay, since your individual segments aren't that long there shouldn't be a problem with the cable.    My prime suspect would be the autodetect settings that the card is using.   So if 10-half duplex works (change all the PCs) move up to 10-

Offline jojitb

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2002, 11:23:30 PM »
chinoy
have you tried using your 10Mbps hub with the Batangas network?

Offline chinoy

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2002, 11:31:40 PM »
jojitb,

that will be my next option, I'm going back to Batangas next weekend, and I have a feeling that it will work there, but the question will be, how will I ever make the D-Link hub work?

Offline domeng

• http://www.markdomingo.com
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2002, 12:52:45 AM »
it might be a lan card to hub/switch incompatibility

an anecdotal sotry:
there was this issue dati sa amin nina badsektor. dinala ko compu ko sa kanila tapos nagconnect ako sa lan nila, i'm using 2 cnets pro200s sa compu ko, sila may realtek, 3c

Offline dongdong

• ¶D
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2002, 01:07:07 AM »
chinoy, the next time you post long messages please use paragraphs. sakit sa mata basahin ehh.
~"I do not have to regret anything. I started the whole pack. I was the boss of a marvelous pack. "~ -Akela, the Lone Wolf

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
Re: A very strange networking problem! Pls Help!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 11:33:41 AM »
any updates?
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters