Author Topic: US Visa interview  (Read 4259 times)

Offline pythonista

US Visa interview
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:07:53 AM »
Guys ano-ano ba yung mga tinatanong during these interviews? Anyone knows the do's and dont's during this interview. By the way it'll be a tourist Visa.

^_^

Offline Demo™

Re: US Visa interview
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:16:52 AM »
Anything under the sun actually, if they ask you to a triple back flip while holding an icecream they can do that.

Common things are, what are you going to do there, are you going to work there, they will ask you for you income papers, they might even ask you to sing our national anthem.
i7 2600K @ 5.2Ghz/Gigabyte Z68-UD7-B3/G.Skill 8-10-8 2133Mhz 16GB /3x GTX580 3GB/2x Intel 510 250GB RAID0/2x Samsung F3 1TB/Silverstone Stridder Gold 1200/Dell 3007

Offline pythonista

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 10:39:21 AM »
Great thanks! :)

Offline jack

• Moderators
    • http://jack-jacob.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:53:26 AM »
they might even ask you to sing our national anthem.

Joke ba ito?

The interviewer asked me what was my reason for going to the States and then she approved my visa. That's it.

Offline lahar

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »
Depende yan sa trip ng consul. Nakalagay yan sa website nila.

Offline i2mp

• Linux Mint 9
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 11:15:35 AM »
yup, suwertihan yan sa mag-i-interview. pero for tourist visa kung may matibay kang evidence na babalik ka ng Pilipinas (like permanent job, bank savings, etc) usually pasado.
i7 6700K | EVGA GTX 980 4GB | MSI Z170A M7 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 (16x4) | Samsung 850 EVO (250GB + 500GB) M.2 SSD | Corsair H110i GT Liquid Cooler | LG BD-writer | Lepo 80plusGold G700M | Corsair C70 MilitaryGreen | TP-LINK N900 Wifi card | LG 29UM55-P UltraWide

Offline lahar

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 11:22:21 AM »
Nakakainis lang kasi sa US Embassy, approve o denied, wala na yung fee mo, unlike sa iba na bayad ka lang kung approve.

Offline pythonista

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 11:24:15 AM »
By the way yung US embassy is around UN ave corner Roxas Blvd. diba?

Offline icebuko

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »
Yup along roxas blvd, sa left side kung galing ka sa may intramuros.

goodluck sa interview.

Offline Demo™

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »
they might even ask you to sing our national anthem.

Joke ba ito?

The interviewer asked me what was my reason for going to the States and then she approved my visa. That's it.

Nope, This aint a joke.

They will ask you anything, depends on the interviewer though.
i7 2600K @ 5.2Ghz/Gigabyte Z68-UD7-B3/G.Skill 8-10-8 2133Mhz 16GB /3x GTX580 3GB/2x Intel 510 250GB RAID0/2x Samsung F3 1TB/Silverstone Stridder Gold 1200/Dell 3007

Offline pythonista

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »
Thanks for the insights guys! ^_^

Offline batty-1

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 03:36:25 PM »
Be careful with your answers to the consul's questions. Make sure your answers are consistent with the visa you applied for.

When my parents were waiting for their interview, they overheard a consul ask an elderly lady where she would be staying and what she would be doing. The lady replied that she would be staying with her daughter who is about to give birth and she would look after her daughter and her grandchild. The consul denied the visa. When the lady asked why, the consul replied that what she was going to do there was inconsistent with the tourist visa she applied for.

Offline eadejesus

• Veterans
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 04:24:11 PM »
There was a consul once who asked me a lot of biology related questions when I was scheduled to attend a bioremediation conference in washington dc.  Tangna pinawisan ako yung ibang sagot nakalimutan ko na, tipong pang college.  At the end sinabi niya may mali akong isa.  buti na lang binigyan ako ng visa.
I don't have a sig.  Wouldn't know what to put even if I had one.

Offline eadejesus

• Veterans
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
meron din isang beses habang naghihihintay, ako this elderly lady was almost shouting...  Na deny visa niya, sabi niya may phd naman daw siya tapos dami na daw niyang sinulat na libro at madami naman daw siyang peraat lupain.  In the end tumawag ng guards ang consul tapos hinila siya palabas.  hiyang hiya ako nun.
I don't have a sig.  Wouldn't know what to put even if I had one.

Offline jtrutan

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 04:44:35 PM »
When my wife went to get her tourist visa 8 years ago, she had just graduated from college. She was single, unemployed, had no assets to her name, and the interviewer was quick to point out these red flags. But she got a 10-year, multiple-entry visa anyway.

There are things that speak louder to one's credibility than a binder full of supporting documents. Smile, relax, don't overdress, don't fidget, and remember to keep good eye-contact with your interviewer.

Oh, the reason she gave? Visiting her fiance's family. We were going to attend my grandma's 80th birthday celebration that year.
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart. "~H. L. Mencken

Offline goma

• Use only as prescribed..
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »
I remember when i first applied for a visa and got denied. I was asked about my job here, and my family background. After a few minutes of chitchat, the guys said something like "I'm sorry but I can't give you a visa. You're single, and your skills will allow you to easily get work if you decide to overstay." Apparently my age (early 20s) and fluency in English already marked me as a TNT risk, back then anyway. That's despite getting an invitation from the US company I was suppose to train under.

They want to see that you'll be leaving a family here and you have an established career here. Otherwise they'll easily conclude that you'll be tempted to overstay.

The US Embassy staff here have very tuned BS meters hehehe..

Offline TNT2bluz

• Veterans
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »
My encounter was pleasant.

The only critical question the consul had was "so why was there a substantial deposit recently made in your account?"

I smiled and replied "well, I had to make it look good..."  He laughed, but I explained to him later on that it was startup capital from a loan I took out from a Japanese friend for my business, it wasn't much then either but it was an honest answer.

These people are given the discretion to determine candor and intention.  Some people, though merited, project the wrong vibes because they're trying too hard to be impressive.

It is the same way our immigration officers isolate potential undesirable aliens.

It is a bit of indignation for us to go through these things but there are a lot of people who do abuse the system out of sheer need.

However, the fact that I got to travel quite extensively as a student helped give them an indication that I wasn't TNT profile.

When I stepped out of the embassy to get a ride home, I overheard a couple lamenting that they got rejected and how hopeless things were.  It is sad how people are so desperate for the American dream.

My kid bro recently got his, but its a single entry visa good only for about the duration of his intended stay.
come on Toshi!

Offline bravoexo

• PeopleSoft
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 11:12:14 PM »
I only answered "Yes" to all the questions they had for me... like... "You have been in and out of the US for four times already?"  "You're still working for Safeway?" "You're related to ... "  my sister in Phoenix, who's in good standing order...they checked.  And my mom was only asked where my father was... my kid sister didn't even answer any question.   

i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Dominator Platinum 16Gb DDR3 1866 C9, GTX ASUS ROG Strix 1080 SLI, Crucial M4 mSATA 256Gb, Crucia MX100-512Gb SSD, Spinpoint F1 1Tb x 2, Barracuda 2Tb Green x 3, LG E2442V x 3, GMX 2.1, HAF-932, M2 850W, MCP355, Apogee GTZ, BlackIce GTX360, G502, AVerMedia LGX, Vantec Dock

Offline [X]

• [X]
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »
the consul who interviewed me was considered as the terror of the group (or so people say) because she had a penchant for denying visa applicants. i guess i was lucky because out of the 30 or so people lined up to her, only me, my wife and my son were given a visa (10 years multiple at that).

she only asked stuff that related to what I do for a living, what my travel plans were, which other countries i've been to etc. basically stuff that you can get from the supporting docs I presented and nothing else.

Offline nitsuj

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 03:12:28 AM »
yup medyo iba iba trip ng mga consul. a few years back, my brother received an "multiple indefinite" type US Visa, but then after a few years, it was recalled by the US Embassy. Then just a few months ago he tried to "renew" his then-Visa and luckily he got accepted easily.

yung sa experience naman ng iba kong kakilala, pahirapan daw, minsan natatapat sa mabait na consul, minsan makita palang, konting tanong, reject agad. :|

:)