Author Topic: MECHWARRIOR ONLINE  (Read 29495 times)

Offline zer0

• just breathe...
Re: WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! All MechWarriors/AerospacePilots rejoice!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 04:17:41 PM »
urbanmech = cheap/good for defense ;)

tag 1,000,000+ cbills each lang ata diba? hehe

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »
layo na inabot ng megamek mula sa dating mekwar a

Offline rodion_herrera

• Avatrian, LLC
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 05:11:33 PM »
layo na inabot ng megamek mula sa dating mekwar a

Yeah. Actually, the name "MekWar" was reused by MegaMek players who created public servers for massive BT-Historic campaigns...these represent the truly hardcore BTech boardgamers who still wanted to get in touch with people they played with as neighbors, co-workers etc. and they found out that MegaMek was very suitable for this purpose.

Here is the "masterlist" of servers who use MegaMek to create ultra-massive BT-historic scenarios/battles/campaigns.
http://www.mekwars.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=524

Here is an example of such a group (you HAVE to download THEIR client because they have modded the game for their own 3070 campaigns)...
http://www.mekwars3070.net/

-RODION

Offline zer0

• just breathe...
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »
found it! ;)

Offline rodion_herrera

• Avatrian, LLC
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 12:12:16 AM »
Nice nice. I'll burn a copy when I get home.

-RODION

Offline Thakker

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 02:11:51 AM »
ganda naman.. hehe. mga battletech veterans! haha. samantalang dati, hanggang battletech cartoons lang alam ko.. yung may clan invasion hehe. Di ko pa maintindihan kwento nun!
6700k |  16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 | GTX1080ti FE | 840 Pro SSD 512GB, 240GB Intel SSD, 120GB Force GT, 3TB SV32 | Q701 | QBX iTX | Ducky Shine + Vortex PBT Doubleshots | Acer X34 IPS Gsync | HTC Vive

Offline zer0

• just breathe...
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 02:39:08 AM »
ganda naman.. hehe. mga battletech veterans! haha. samantalang dati, hanggang battletech cartoons lang alam ko.. yung may clan invasion hehe. Di ko pa maintindihan kwento nun!

ngayon pwede mo nang maintindihan in full detail...  :happy:

pdf... http://rapidshare.com/files/74977821/BattleTech_1687_-_1st_Somerset_Strikers.pdf.html

Offline rodion_herrera

• Avatrian, LLC
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 09:35:25 AM »
 :silly:

Wow! I didn't know may kasama pala nya sa pack...galing! Siguro they made this para ma-explain bakit may mga weird things na ginagawa yung mga 'mechs in the cartoon, na hindi mo pwede gawin sa standard game hihihi.

-RODION

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »
Astig! Meron pa ata akong xerox nung original rulebook (with Macross artwork, before Harmony Gold filed suit against FASA over image copyrights), halungkatin ko sana nandito pa.

fhtagn

Offline rodion_herrera

• Avatrian, LLC
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 12:40:54 PM »
Astig! Meron pa ata akong xerox nung original rulebook (with Macross artwork, before Harmony Gold filed suit against FASA over image copyrights), halungkatin ko sana nandito pa.

Ok just to straighten some things out...

a) The image you posted is the cover box art for the Japanese Version of Battletech which was released in 1992...take note that Battletech 1st Edition US Box was released in 1984.

b) The lawsuit did not happen because of that Japanese box art...the Japanese lawsuit was actually a 2nd countersuit better explained here...

FASA...sued Playmates for trademark infringement for using several mecha designs that FASA developed for their battletech game for their ExoSquad toyline. The resulting counter suit from Playmates targeted mecha images taken from Macross and other anime series used in Battletech. The related lawsuits were settled and later products of BattleTech do not use the designs under contention. In the Japanese edition of BattleTech, all of these designs were redesigned by Studio Nue, creator of Macross. (from Wikipedia)

c) So why did Weisman and Babcock use Macross mechs back in 1984? According to their own accounts, they used Macross/Dougram/Robotech 'mechs because "they were then considered "Unseen" by most US-based gamers. Yes, they were copycats, but then as tabletop Battletech vets agree, the 'mech's appearance are secondary...it's data, stats and more data that matters.

d) As explained in this website...

http://geocities.com/area51/portal/4376/BTjapver.htm

...this Japanese version of the tabletop game had these following 'mechs visually redesigned by Studio Nue, and were different from the visual representation of the following Battlemechs found in the original US Battletech tabletop game:

a) Locust - because visual design is a direct copy of Zentraedi Ostall
b) Shadowhawk - because visual design is a direct copy of Dougram mech
c) Stinger/Wasp/Phoenix LAM - because visual design is a direct copy of Veritech Fighter
d) Marauder - because visual design is a direct copy of Glaug Officer's Tactical Pod
e) Rifleman - because visual design is a direct copy of a Destroid (Defender) unit
d) Battlemaster - because visual design is a direct copy of a Dougram HT128 Bigfoot unit
e) Warhammer - because visual design is a direct copy of a Destroid (Tomahawk) unit
f) Archer - because visual design is a direct copy of a Destroid (Spartan) unit
g) Centurion - because visual design is a direct copy of another armoured veritech unit
(there are 5 other designs that needed changing but I can't recall their names/appearance)

This is the boxart of the original 1st Edition Battletech tabletob (1984) that zer0 and I own:

(buhay pa ba, bro? Baka kinain na yan ng anay ha!)

As you can see, Studio Nue and Tatsonuko Productions couldn't initially believe that Weisman and Babcock even chose to show a blatant copy of the Macross Tomahawk (a "Warhammer" in the Battletech Universe) on the cover art!

(original Macross--take note, NOT Robotech, that's YET another story in the spaghetti world of Macross-related mechas--Tomahawk)

UPDATE: I found a good reference site for comparing THREE parallel milieus (Classic Battletech vs. Macross/Dougram vs. Robotech) that share these 'mech designs and attempts to trace origins and compare the 'mechs...

http://brianscache.com/unseen/

Any mistakes I made in my explanation above should be superseded by the findings on this website.

-RODION

Offline Thakker

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 02:43:35 PM »
@Zero
Nice. Ty for the rapidshare link.

@Rodion
I see.
6700k |  16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 | GTX1080ti FE | 840 Pro SSD 512GB, 240GB Intel SSD, 120GB Force GT, 3TB SV32 | Q701 | QBX iTX | Ducky Shine + Vortex PBT Doubleshots | Acer X34 IPS Gsync | HTC Vive

Offline G1LB3RT

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 02:48:39 PM »
Wow! guys bakit me hawig ito sa MPBT online by kesmai? I used to play it when I had an AOL account back in 2000.

Same mech din sila sa MPBT. Anyone here who has played this one?  Pili ko lagi Catapult at urban din. Na miss ko to ah....my first online game.

heto naman screen shot

Offline G1LB3RT

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 02:50:53 PM »
Kung naaalala ko pa me mga group dun..we were under the house of Davion ata :D

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 05:01:20 PM »
Uy meron kami sa bahay nung 1st ed box. Pati Aerotech meron kami lol.

Offline zer0

• just breathe...

Offline rodion_herrera

• Avatrian, LLC
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2007, 08:51:32 PM »
ngayon ko lang nalaman... ;)

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/8/31/5172

Broken check mo ang link arstechnica seems to be down? ...so what was the info?

-RODION

Offline zer0

• just breathe...

Offline zer0

• just breathe...
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 07:59:49 PM »
nakuha ko na, kaso VHS copy pala to, ang labo ng sound...

Offline Demo™

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2007, 10:22:18 PM »
Wow! guys bakit me hawig ito sa MPBT online by kesmai? I used to play it when I had an AOL account back in 2000.

Same mech din sila sa MPBT. Anyone here who has played this one?  Pili ko lagi Catapult at urban din. Na miss ko to ah....my first online game.

heto naman screen shot

OMG at the graphics!

Im a mechwarrior fan, but not that hardcore.. but i love to see the game back for the pc
i7 2600K @ 5.2Ghz/Gigabyte Z68-UD7-B3/G.Skill 8-10-8 2133Mhz 16GB /3x GTX580 3GB/2x Intel 510 250GB RAID0/2x Samsung F3 1TB/Silverstone Stridder Gold 1200/Dell 3007