Author Topic: Love/hate products of our beloved CDR king  (Read 48571 times)

Offline dongdong

• ŽD
Re: Love/hate products of our beloved CDR king
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 02:06:37 PM »
Yikes, bibili pa naman ako ng PS2/PC gamepad sa kanila. Sira na kasi parehas yung PS2 controllers ko. Yung orig, hindi na gumagana yung Triangle, Circle, R1 at R2 (damn you DMC3! :wacko:).  Yung fake ko, sira na yung cord.

Ito sana bibilhin ko:
http://www.cdrking.com/local/products/index.php?action=&temp=2&typeno=2519971-218733-615563635-8624044&prod=for%20PC&prodcode=0428791-343005-442753579-3055951

Ok kaya? Ibang model kasi yung nasa article ng PPC.
~"I do not have to regret anything. I started the whole pack. I was the boss of a marvelous pack. "~ -Akela, the Lone Wolf

Offline rodion_herrera

• Avatrian, LLC
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 06:55:09 PM »
I bought this today...

Actually surprised by the robustness of the design, although it doesn't feel firm and "challenging" when gripped (as opposed to my old Logitech Extreme 3D PRO). But the pots are performing flawlessly. I expect them to wear out in about 2 months, but that's ok considering the price, and I think by that time I will try out their other more expensive sticks.

The reasonw why it made sense to me, to buy this cheap one is, my old Logitech has pot wear issues in the X-axis na...so, via the magic of USB, I can plug both sticks, then assign the CD-R King stick as my primary flight controller, with my old Logitech acting now as throttle and rudder...resulting in a 20-button (not counting hat control on my left hand) cheap HOTAS configuration! So yeah I think, even though I was doubtful about it, now I'm beginning to love this CD-R King cheapo stick.

Will post some flight videos while using this dual-joystick setup/config. Heck I want to buy another one and build myself DIY rudder pedals! Thank you, USB 2.0 PORT!!!

:)

-RODION

Offline zer0

• just breathe...
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 07:55:26 PM »
anong pangalan ng model na yan and magkano?

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 01:29:07 PM »
The reasonw why it made sense to me, to buy this cheap one is, my old Logitech has pot wear issues in the X-axis na...so, via the magic of USB, I can plug both sticks, then assign the CD-R King stick as my primary flight controller, with my old Logitech acting now as throttle and rudder...resulting in a 20-button (not counting hat control on my left hand) cheap HOTAS configuration! So yeah I think, even though I was doubtful about it, now I'm beginning to love this CD-R King cheapo stick.

This is way cool... tell us if it works out well
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline rodion_herrera

• Avatrian, LLC
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »
anong pangalan ng model na yan and magkano?

It's called the CDR-KING KC8302 USB Flight Joystick, and it sells for PHP 480-490.00 It feels EXACTLY like Popoy's old DEXXA (remember that one?) stick. It doesn't have a hatswitch, and no rudder, pero merong throttle.

There are two other ones (those are more expensive at around PHP 680-690.00...pero forcefeedback, plus hat and twist throttles) being made by CDR-KING, pero I'll try to buy them later if ok ang performance ng pots nito for over 2 months.

-RODION

Offline rodion_herrera

• Avatrian, LLC
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 02:47:33 PM »

This is way cool... tell us if it works out well

Oh it works definitely well! :) Check out my screenshots at "What PC only games are you playing now?"...it was a b*tch to land that strange VTOL airplane, but my dual-joystick setup made it a synch. Will post more photos and videos soon (ooooh you're gonna love my "Veritech Fighter over Honolulu" videos...I took them while using this setup)...awesome feeling of absolute control over my aircraft...

-RODION

Offline baktol

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 09:54:43 AM »
yesterday I bought a Kingston 2GB microSD card (with SD adapter) for Php350 (yes, it's 350).  I went through memory verification at Kingston's website and here's what I got:

Serial Number: xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
License Key: xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
Email Address: xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx
The flash memory product you inquired was already registered by another user, so it may not be authentic Kingston memory product.  We suggest that you double check the information on the product label. (Refer to the Kingston Verification website for details).

So I guess (some of) their branded memory cards are not genuine after all.  I wouldn't be surprised if all their Kingston memory products all have the same product bar code sticker. 

I'm still keeping it though cause it works and I'm only using it on my phone to store mp3s.
Emaxx EMX-780G-ACC / AMD Sempron 140@3.01GHz / Kingston Value RAM 4GB (2GB*2) / LiteOn 24x DVD-RW / HEC Raptor 500W / Seagate 500GB SATA / Seagate 80GB SATA / Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Offline Seele01

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 10:36:46 AM »
Hey, I bought the same thing last monday.
Would you mind telling me your serial#? my hunch is that they are all the same.

Also their bluetooth dongles have mac address of 00:00:00:00:00:00

Offline baktol

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 10:40:29 AM »
Hey, I bought the same thing last monday.
Would you mind telling me your serial#? my hunch is that they are all the same.

Also their bluetooth dongles have mac address of 00:00:00:00:00:00

@Seele01,

you got PM.
Emaxx EMX-780G-ACC / AMD Sempron 140@3.01GHz / Kingston Value RAM 4GB (2GB*2) / LiteOn 24x DVD-RW / HEC Raptor 500W / Seagate 500GB SATA / Seagate 80GB SATA / Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Offline slide

• Veterans
  • Relax, I own j00
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 10:20:06 AM »
bought a drawing tablet and have been using it as a mouse replacement for over two weeks.  pretty decent,  looks like the genius slim tablet and can even use its drivers.  works plug and play in vista but you need to install the drivers if you want pressure sensitivity.

drawing feel is decent and was improved by taping a 2.0mm acrylic sheet on top.  first tablet i ever used (save for the ones they use in lto to capture signatures), wouldn't know how it compares to a wacom tablet.

plug and play in ubuntu, too, but loses calibration too often.  can easily be reset by tapping the sensor edges but still very annoying.  the Wizardpen driver for uclogic fixes this, but i can't get pressure sensitivity to work on gimp and inkscape.

watch out for lemons, though.  a cousin bought the same thing and the package was missing the supposedly included spare pen nibs and had a funky spot in the tablet where the pointer goes haywire.

Online Sephiroth

• Wellnex -- Your Health Information Site
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »
Magkano yan?
Check out my health and wellness site!
News, reviews, write-ups and  commentaries.

Offline undecided

• Pirate King
    • badjography
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 12:40:42 PM »
nice plug and play sa ubuntu, balak ko din kasi bumili nyan drawing tablet, tfs!

Offline jojitb

• http://
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 01:25:47 PM »
okay yan ah. meron na drawing tablet ang cdrking.

how about drawing "talent"?  meron kaya sila binebenta? yan ang kelangan ko. hehehehe

Offline slide

• Veterans
  • Relax, I own j00
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 01:32:41 PM »

Online Sephiroth

• Wellnex -- Your Health Information Site
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »
Thanks!
Check out my health and wellness site!
News, reviews, write-ups and  commentaries.

Offline anubite

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 11:27:44 AM »
cdr-king = you usually get what you paid for hehehe
More expensive brands = You get the 1 year warranty

Im a CDR-king Fan...Halos lahat ata nang  gadgets ko ay me accessories na cdr-king.  Yung computer shop ko ay tadtad din nang cdr-king products.  like keyboards, headsets, usb lamps, usb fan, stand alone mics, cds, Dvds, casing fans, card readers.  All those items work and breaks as expected from everyday abuse.  Before, I buy a4tech keyboards, headsets, mouse.  They break almost as fast as the cdr-king products pero pag sinoli mo para sa warranty would take you 1 week - 2 months for the replacement pag lumagpas na sa kanilang replacement period.  So you still need to buy one if you need it asap.

Personal Stuff that I bought from Cdr-king:

Mini Portable Battery For Cell Phone - ( I also use this to charge my psp, power my usb lamp, and fan when i cant use a conventional light in the shop or in the road.  Its really helpful when there is a brownout ^_^

USB reflector lamp

USB Fan

USB Fan (rotating)

PQI i-sick 2gb Flashdrive

pqi cool drive 4gb version - very slow write speed of large files bee using it for more than a year.

Mini Wireless Optical Mouse (ASDL02) Black

Tiny Bluetooth Dongle (TM-1057)

Bluetooth USB Dongle - has problems already after more than a year of use

Keyboard skin - its a quick fix for those abused fading keyboard letters hehe.  Cheaper than buying a new keyboard and less work than writing athe letters using a white marker again and again ^_^

bead wrist rest - (pero mas gusto ko ata ung mouse pad nila na may breast wrist rest hehe

Spiral wrapping band with clip

Tie Gun (TG-3) -  not sure why i bought this lol -guess its good for keeping those rowdy kids playing at my shop at bay:D

wheels!

Gonna buy this next

Power Bar
mobile charger ulet :D
drawing tablet din! thanks for the review sephiroth tagal na ako nangangating bumili nyan kaso natatakot lang akohehe. Di mo pede compare sa waccom yan kasi pinakamura nila ay x3 ang presyo nyan hehe

final words: Ive never encountered a product that i bought for personal use to die quickly or did not perform as expected. I guess i'm just lucky. 

suggestion ko lang, buy things that you think would be just a quick fix for something that you had and if you are on a budget but would like to try out new toys. kumbaga ay "starter kit" for items na 2x-3x ang price difference nang branded.
"Arrogance has to be earned. Tell me what you've done to earn yours."

Offline mischief

• Veterans
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 10:20:48 PM »
We got giveaways of a USB vacuum brush after one of my last projects... no suction power whatsoever. It was kind of loud, and too weak to double as a fan. Oh well.

Offline dom_08

• Moderators
  • dom Dycaico
    • Indioboy Productions
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 12:20:50 AM »
@anubite
how's the racing wheel from cd-r king? :D:D

Offline eadejesus

• Veterans
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 08:43:26 PM »
I bought that racing wheel 1-2 years back.  OK naman.  Di ko na nagagamit.  I just wanted to test it.  Works with NFS and The Simpsons (yung may car).

I also noticed an 800 peso 8 gb thumbdrive in their Podium branch.
I don't have a sig.  Wouldn't know what to put even if I had one.

Offline JM

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »
so far I havent had any bad experiences with cdr king aside from a stack of cd's i bought around 8 years ago. Technically all the memory cards, usb drives ive bought worked well.

The thing is that I never thought of having to return something there. I always think that whatever i buy there has no warranty since I wouldnt even waste my time trying to RMA a memory card. Its just too much of a hassle.