Author Topic: A "search" Problem  (Read 855 times)

Offline dta

A "search" Problem
« on: June 03, 2006, 01:26:47 PM »
I use the Search PPCNet dialog box often to search for previously viewed threads or looking if a topic has been asked before.

Recently, I was trying to looking for a topic "DVD-to-CD" (converting from DVD to VCD) but the Search box says that only 4 letter search keywords can be used...

Just wondering, if there's a better way of searching such 3-letter words? (it doesn't make sense to search for "Digital Video Disc" to "VideoCD" since few people actually use such long names for the message title.)

Using the Google PinoyPC turns up too many results as it searches not only based on message title but everything.

Would it also be possible to index 3-letter words to be used for Search (should be reasonable enough since there are a lot of 3-letter PC acronyms like AGP, PCI, MP3, etc.) It would be difficult if these search terms can't be accepted in the Search box.

Thanks for listening! More power to US! Our base belongs to us.

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
A "search" Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 10:22:43 PM »
Full text searching is limited to 4 letter words or more. This is an invision boards limitation. As far as I have seen before there is no configuration setting in this board version to allow us to include 3 letter words to be searched.