Author Topic: Perpetual Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 285654 times)

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
Re: Perpetual Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #3440 on: March 05, 2019, 11:05:33 PM »
just saw  Our Daily Bread(2005) -
docu on where & how are food is made. Some scenes made my heart skip a beat & some gave me headache. If your weak sa mga pagkatay at kung paano ginagawa di ito para sayo. kawawa din yung mga new born chicks & pigs at yung cow! arrgh! but we need our daily bread, don't we?

Alita - battle scenes very nice, story wise parang kulang or nainis lang ako sa 3D na suot ko lol
 pag nasanay ang mata sa DLP Link type na 3D parang ang pangit pag sa sinehan, syempre maliban sa Imax!
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Offline AJ

• sudo make me a sandwich
« Reply #3441 on: March 06, 2019, 06:59:46 AM »
anyone excited for Captain Marvel movie?

i'm not. :lol:

i'd rather wait for Shazam movie. looks a lot more fun.

i normally see a Marvel movie first day of showing but i skipped Spiderman: Homecoming, Black Panther altogether. Captain Marvel will be the third.

me neither. waiting for Avengers Endgame instead.

Watched last night on Netflix Behind the Curve. Documentary about flat-earthers.
jaw dropped with the amount of people backing this idea.
totally insane for refuting science and math!

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #3442 on: March 06, 2019, 07:33:19 AM »
just saw  Our Daily Bread(2005) -
docu on where & how are food is made. Some scenes made my heart skip a beat & some gave me headache. If your weak sa mga pagkatay at kung paano ginagawa di ito para sayo. kawawa din yung mga new born chicks & pigs at yung cow! arrgh! but we need our daily bread, don't we?
when i was a kid my father assigned me to take care of our chickens. from sisiw hanggang katayin. syempre nabigyan ko na sila ng pangalan at alaga ko na sila. pero wala eh kailangan katayin para may makain. buti di ako pinagkatay.

also, dahil uso ginataang kuhol noon as pulutan ako din pinag alaga. pag kailangan ng kuhol eh yung mga di ko nabigyan ng pangalan binibigay ko lol.

me neither. waiting for Avengers Endgame instead.
i hope Captain marvel won't be deus ex machina in Endgame. that would totally suck.

anyway, i have a few theories about Endgame:

1. Dr Strange actually gave Thanos a fake Time Gem. This would allow the Decimation to be unmade, though not without cost. The fake gem would be their equivalent of the fake Reality Gem in the comic book version of Infinity War, where Magus was tricked into believing he has all the gems and opened the way to his defeat.

2. Even with a  fake Time Gem, Thanos will still be formidable with the remaining Gems in his possession. Ant Man and revived Vision will travel to the Quantum Realm for Vision to have himself quantum entangled with the Mind Stone, which with he has a connection. They will try to deactivate the Gem to prevent Thanos from reading the moves of the heroes, and maybe meddle with Thanos's mind. This will be their version of Adam Warlock bonding with the Soul Gem in Infinity Gauntlet comics to command the rest of the gems to not work together.

3. In the aftermath of Endgame, King Thor in the future minus one eye and arm, succumbs to the assault of a new threat, either Annihilus or Kang.

--edit--
i realized i called them Gems lol. i still refuse to call them Stones. sounds mundane.

Offline supremogamer

« Reply #3443 on: March 07, 2019, 11:02:32 AM »

watched Cap Marvel,
never like carol danvers in comics, Not excited when Brie Larson first bagged the role.

there are a lot of hater bombing the reviews mostly personally attacking Brie. but its still now at 80+ percent on rotten tomato.

I personally enjoyed the movie, maybe coz I'm excited about anything connected with endgame. I would recommend any marvel fan to watch it esp the diehards. 7/10 for me.

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #3444 on: March 08, 2019, 07:55:50 AM »
this is just my opinion, but long-time Marvel fans like me who have been collecting comics since the 90's would probably not watch it. we don't want political agendas being pushed into us. Marvel comics had strong, courageous women like Storm and Jean Grey, and we've come to learn that through interesting stories, not blatant propaganda like Marvel has done with Captain Marvel.

if you wish to find out how such forceful injection of agendas could affect the quality of the movies, look at the comics, where Captain Marvel comics is about making white males the bad guys (the comics has been rebooted several times, by the way, probably because of poor sales), young Iceman turned into gay just because young Jean Grey told him so, and so on.

i do not wish that fate to befall the movies as well, but it seems MCU is headed that direction. sadly.

and so i expressed by disapproval with my wallet by not watching MCU movies with obvious political agendas like Captain marvel, Black Panther (I would have watched it had it not been hailed as Marvel's first  black solo hero movie, because have they forgotten Blade?) and Spiderman Homecoming (where Mary Jane is apparently replaced by another MJ).

if Marvel movies that are made for telling a good story ends with Endgame, then so be it. at least DC seems to have picked up its stride and is now making better movies than before.

Offline AJ

• sudo make me a sandwich
« Reply #3445 on: March 08, 2019, 11:11:52 AM »
teka, ano yung political agendas about captain marvel? related to SJW? haven't been reading anything about it.

Offline lahar

« Reply #3446 on: March 08, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »
I think some people read too much into these movies.

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #3447 on: March 08, 2019, 12:30:54 PM »
I just watched the "I Am A Hero" movie. Kamukha talaga nung actor yung main character doon sa manga. lol

Offline newcastle_29

• Warning: General Protection Fault !!!
    • tweet me @neil33
« Reply #3448 on: March 08, 2019, 12:57:38 PM »
i am going to set aside those political agenda thing and such and just enjoy the movie.
i7 6700K | Gigabyte Z170X G1 | 16GB Corsair DDR4 | Nvidia GTX970 | 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Corsair H100i GTX | LG 29" Ultrawide 75hz monitor | NZXT H440 | EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Corsair Strafe RGB Mech keyboard | Logitech G602 wireless  | Logitech Z5500 5.1

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #3449 on: March 08, 2019, 01:02:44 PM »
teka, ano yung political agendas about captain marvel? related to SJW? haven't been reading anything about it.
it's been quite the talk the past few days. also, in case you aren't aware, the actress herself Brie said something against white males that produced a backlash. from 90+% want to see the movie rating in rotten tomatoes, it nosed dived to 27%, before RT removed the rating altogether. some say it's not coincidence. 

I think some people read too much into these movies.
how about this latest development?
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/07/marvel-exec-gay-superhero-mcu-world-is-ready/?fbclid=IwAR3bdXxhG0CRIf7Sdq3GndtnG31Rod6i3xW2FjASNSS2gbcURc-03ZXL1a0
after Black Panther and Captain Marvel, doesn't that sound SJW to you?

i am not against such characters, but when pushing an agenda is prioritized more than showing telling a good story, then i have a problem with that. if you would see what that has done to the comic book industry, i think you'd agree.

comics are dear to me. when i was in gradeschool, i had my comics rented to my classmates for extra money. in college, i bought and sold collectible comics for profit. they gave me a wealth of imagination also, helped me develop my writing and drawing skills. that's how comics - and their movie adaptations - are dear to me.

Offline lahar

« Reply #3450 on: March 08, 2019, 01:17:59 PM »
So what if Larsen said that? She's Brie Larsen in real-life, she's only Capt. Marvel in the movie. If thats what she thinks/interprets the character, then let her be. I understand you want the comic-book version of the characters, because thats what you are used to, but if thats what they will show, why bother making the movie? Lets just buy the comics.

Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way, but I am really getting tired of purists and fanbois/gurls ruining what is probably (because most of them will not watch or play it anyway because of bias) an enjoyable movie/game.

Offline wheelee

« Reply #3451 on: March 08, 2019, 05:07:38 PM »
hmmm sound familiar
check out our discussion about movies & expectations @tpc
https://tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=282989

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #3452 on: March 08, 2019, 05:41:26 PM »
So what if Larsen said that? She's Brie Larsen in real-life, she's only Capt. Marvel in the movie. If thats what she thinks/interprets the character, then let her be. I understand you want the comic-book version of the characters, because thats what you are used to, but if thats what they will show, why bother making the movie? Lets just buy the comics.

Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way, but I am really getting tired of purists and fanbois/gurls ruining what is probably (because most of them will not watch or play it anyway because of bias) an enjoyable movie/game.
i think you misunderstand me.

i am cool with changing stuff from comics to movie, so long as it makes sense and would be better suited for the movie. what i can't tolerate is pushing agendas, because those agendas have ruined comics, and i do not want that to happen to the movies.

you suggest buy the comics instead. i can't do that now because comics nowadays with a few rare exemptions have political agendas, like what i posted above. not only that, but also that the quality has gone down so much recently, and comic book fans/critics attribute that to SJW writers/artists.

here's an example.

other comics are not subtle about their agenda either.

Offline JM

« Reply #3453 on: March 09, 2019, 02:10:19 PM »
DC series has been going SJW for quite some time now and its almost too cringe-y to watch to the point where it feels that its being shoved down the viewers throat or just for the sake of "putting it in there" for good measure. I remember the whole "feminism" episode in the flash and it was a total waste of time. *** Spoiler alert*** no one thought that females can't solve stuff, but heck, the whole "we're team flash" reminds me of a comedy skit of chris rock

Black president get elected
President: I'm the president
Black first lady: No, WE the president

Had a funny discussion about this with a few friends and the thought of how the character of Kim Bauer would fare in today's TV series.

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #3454 on: March 09, 2019, 07:11:23 PM »
yeah, the DC CW TV series is clear example of what happens when SJWs take control. if anyone wants to have an idea of what might happen to MCU if SJWs gain control, just go see the past few seasons of Arrow and Flash, though i must say i wouldn't recommend it because that would be like recommending torture.

Offline wheelee

« Reply #3455 on: March 10, 2019, 02:10:35 AM »
The Witch Part 1 - The Subversion
very slow paced & where is the witch? maybe similar to SALT? sa bandang huli na

Offline lahar

« Reply #3456 on: March 10, 2019, 08:49:39 PM »
Now watching Siege of Jadotville

Online Sephiroth

« Reply #3457 on: March 13, 2019, 07:40:34 PM »
anyone else got some Bollywood vibes from the most recent Aladdin live action trailer? :lol:

it has a certain charm to it. i'd like to watch it on cinema.