Author Topic: Cloning/creating Hdd Images  (Read 871 times)

Offline songabriel0228ph

Cloning/creating Hdd Images
« on: January 24, 2006, 03:57:06 PM »
question: i can clone my hdd's computers having the same specs with Norton Ghost,  pero panu ko po i-clone yun hindi parehong specs na computer (specs Via board Sis Board) without reinstalling again ?  any cloning software na gumagawa ni2 or i should uninstall devices b4 cloning with different PC? thanks

Offline ris

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 04:26:15 PM »
pasingit lang po.  hehe!  im also interested in this.  this is one reason im not yet interested in changing mobos even if my mobo is already lacking many new features.  pag SIS po ba ang board mo kahit anong other board basta SIS din pwede?  diba may mga different types of SIS boards din?  like SIS640?  kung pwede kasi lahat ng SIS boards i may change in the future...
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline MindLeSS Mink

• Life is such a technicolor rainbow
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 05:02:10 PM »
yeah. cloning is posible with no blue screen of death within same chipsets, (Ex: source is ECS PM-800 to Asrock P4VM8, both has Via PM-800-M2 chipsets.)

i tried cloning with same Brand motherboards same brand chipsets (both VIA) but different chipset model (P4Vmm32 and P4M800-pro) , and the result is just plain Blue Screen of Death!  

Offline ris

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 10:12:12 PM »
oh well...  hehe!  i might as well just stick to this mobo...  how about the settings and installed applications?  can we just clone it?  what i mean is could we just disregard the chipsets and other hardware drivers but replicate the desktop and programs installed?  even if its just the third party non-microsoft programs like firefox, adobe, antivirus and firewall?
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline jtrutan

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 12:53:36 AM »
I think there is a way to do this using Acronis. It's like Norton Ghost but more robust. See what version you need. Check out their website.
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart. "~H. L. Mencken

Offline uveenhacked

• http://
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 03:09:26 PM »
yeah, acronis din gamit ko pero di pa rin talaga pwede pag magkaiba ang chipset. 3 iba-ibang klase mga computer dito kaya 3 image ang ginawa ko saved on 1 large HD.
aLways wATcH uR bAcK[/font]

Offline weapon_of_choice

• Beware of the RED screen!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 07:08:17 AM »
I think creating an image of a HDD and restorng it works only with the same computer/same components you created an image of.  :-(  
Beware of the RED screen!

Offline uveenhacked

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »
I think creating an image of a HDD and restorng it works only with the same computer/same components you created an image of.  :-(
yep, kaya yung isang pc lang ginagamit ko pag image/restore... it runs on an old PIII pc naman.

Offline jtrutan

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 11:32:06 AM »
How about if you try repairing the Windows installation on the new computer? It shoud remap the new system's inventory and fix what needs to be fixed.  
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart. "~H. L. Mencken

Offline uveenhacked

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 11:40:01 AM »
How about if you try repairing the Windows installation on the new computer? It shoud remap the new system's inventory and fix what needs to be fixed.
hindi ko pa yun na try ahh? pero parang time consuming ata pag repair.

Offline jtrutan

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »
It's not a quick fix, but it's quicker than doing things from scratch.

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
Re: Cloning/creating Hdd Images
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 01:58:36 PM »
bumping this up:

I'm having problem with Samsung's Data Migration Software to clone my HDD to my Samsung SSD...I've tried just about every solution but it always just stops and says "the data migration function has been interrupted for an unknown reason."

I'm considering using a different cloning tool/program.  any suggestions for 2020?
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 02:29:17 PM »
^Macrium Reflect?

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 05:46:55 PM »
+1 on Macrium Reflect. It's teh bomb!
fhtagn