Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 574520 times)

Offline WallyWest

Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #9400 on: April 03, 2020, 01:22:43 PM »
Internet is so precious, I gladly paid my PLDT bill online to keep them going. I did that after it seemed I got the speed boost.

I would have done the same for Meralco but I still must have a copy of the bill to pay it online. I succeeded in registering for an online account. I know how much I owe but the copy of the current bill to get the ATM reference no cannot be obtained because I am newly registered.
The Meralco phone app has a payment function. IIRC, you don't need to enter the ATM reference code if you use that method. There's a fixed convenience fee though.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9401 on: April 03, 2020, 01:28:36 PM »
yun jalousie pwede siguro tangalin lang yun isang tile sa baba. tama ba?
Pwede pero baka hindi na mabubuksan yung bintana (which is the 2nd selling point nung U design) unless mas malapad yung "U" ng A/C kaysa sa glass tile. Or hatiin yung mechanism ng window para may top half na mabubuksan at bottom half na sarado na.
Pero hindi ba less efficient ang cooling ng aircon pag hindi nakapwesto sa malapit sa ceiling? Hot air being light and cold air being heavy and all that.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9402 on: April 03, 2020, 03:10:27 PM »
Pero hindi ba less efficient ang cooling ng aircon pag hindi nakapwesto sa malapit sa ceiling? Hot air being light and cold air being heavy and all that.

Seen lots of hotel rooms where the AC is actually mounted near the floor. I figure it just slowly fills up the room with cold air starting from the bottom, and brownian motion takes care of the rest.
fhtagn

Online lahar

« Reply #9403 on: April 04, 2020, 06:05:06 AM »
RIP Bill Withers (Lean on me fame)

Offline motion55

« Reply #9404 on: April 04, 2020, 09:31:00 AM »
Internet is so precious, I gladly paid my PLDT bill online to keep them going. I did that after it seemed I got the speed boost.

I would have done the same for Meralco but I still must have a copy of the bill to pay it online. I succeeded in registering for an online account. I know how much I owe but the copy of the current bill to get the ATM reference no cannot be obtained because I am newly registered.
The Meralco phone app has a payment function. IIRC, you don't need to enter the ATM reference code if you use that method. There's a fixed convenience fee though.

But if you have to give a credit card number, I don't want to do that. I pay all my bills via BPI online bill payment.
"Set your mind free!"

Online lahar

« Reply #9405 on: April 04, 2020, 09:52:20 AM »
Was supposed to pay tomorrow but I got texts and emails saying all my cards and utilities have deferred their deadlines and interests for 1-2 months. So why not.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9406 on: April 04, 2020, 11:44:45 AM »

But if you have to give a credit card number, I don't want to do that. I pay all my bills via BPI online bill payment.
I used that Meralco payment facility when I needed the payment to be posted immediately ('cause I forgot about the deadline). Di ba, it normally takes a few days for BPI to actually post the payment? When you channel it through the Meralco app, it's posted to your service account within an hour.

Another option that I've also tried is to call up Meralco call center. The CSR can pull up your bill and tell you the ATM reference number via phone. They can probably e-mail it to you or post it on your online account as well.

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #9407 on: April 06, 2020, 07:50:50 PM »
Empty HKIA 04042020
This will Never happen again - in our lifetime perhaps, unless a New Strain bugs us again.

Online lahar

« Reply #9408 on: April 06, 2020, 08:50:48 PM »
Here's Narita

Online lahar

« Reply #9409 on: April 07, 2020, 07:51:19 AM »

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9411 on: April 07, 2020, 07:32:08 PM »
Nice full moon! Especially with the sky so clear.
fhtagn

Online lahar

« Reply #9412 on: April 08, 2020, 04:48:08 PM »
Rained for a few hours and mercury also dropped a few degrees.

Offline motion55

« Reply #9413 on: April 08, 2020, 06:35:57 PM »

I used that Meralco payment facility when I needed the payment to be posted immediately ('cause I forgot about the deadline). Di ba, it normally takes a few days for BPI to actually post the payment? When you channel it through the Meralco app, it's posted to your service account within an hour.

Another option that I've also tried is to call up Meralco call center. The CSR can pull up your bill and tell you the ATM reference number via phone. They can probably e-mail it to you or post it on your online account as well.

I finally was able to get my bills for March both for the condo and the home office apartment I am renting. Meralco seemed very responsive. With the copy of the bill, I was able to enroll the service to my Meralco online account.

Unfortunately, when I tried to pay through my BPI account and Paymaya, both payment attempts were rejected because it was past the due date even if Meralco had extended the due date for 30 days. The payment system has probably hard coded settings and inflexible to this ECQ event. I even tried pay to Meralco online by supplying my PayMaya card number but it seemed to stall for a very long time. I will try again tomorrow in the morning.

"Set your mind free!"

Offline barurutor

• Moderators
  • The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret.
« Reply #9414 on: Today at 09:30:34 AM »
Changi Airport Terminal 3
[/font][/size]
<insert witty saying or hobby specs here>

Offline motion55

« Reply #9415 on: Today at 10:17:14 AM »
I finally was able to get my bills for March both for the condo and the home office apartment I am renting. Meralco seemed very responsive. With the copy of the bill, I was able to enroll the service to my Meralco online account.

Unfortunately, when I tried to pay through my BPI account and Paymaya, both payment attempts were rejected because it was past the due date even if Meralco had extended the due date for 30 days. The payment system has probably hard coded settings and inflexible to this ECQ event. I even tried pay to Meralco online by supplying my PayMaya card number but it seemed to stall for a very long time. I will try again tomorrow in the morning.

I attempted to pay again this morning by submitting my PayMaya debit card account to Meralco. I succeeded this time. Paying 2 Meralco bills depleted the balance. But it's enough to pay the regular Netflix and Youtube subscriptions for the next month. So I am good for now. I can probably reload it from my bank debit card. Although I can reload paying cash on the nearby 7-11 store, I am conserving the cash bills I have on hand. Who knows how long we can hold our breath waiting for this ECQ to end.
"Set your mind free!"

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9416 on: Today at 07:41:03 PM »
Running out of stuff to do lol. Found myself doing partial inventory of my old MTG cards and graphics novels this morning
fhtagn

Online borgy_t

• financial advisor
« Reply #9417 on: Today at 09:16:44 PM »
gasoline mantan for less than 1500!! lol

nice to be here again :)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming Ultra | Palit Super Jetstream GTX 1060 6 GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | WD SN750 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Asus VZ239H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | Logitech G102 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)