Author Topic: What Did You Buy Today?  (Read 836581 times)

Offline symphony X

Re: What Did You Buy Today?
« Reply #9860 on: November 17, 2020, 08:09:51 PM »
Yeah good deal sobra, also tempting yung 10TB Seagate or WD external drive and G.skill trident 16GB 3200 CL14 (read those rams use Samsung b-dies which can OC to 4000+ easy)
"Does your head still hurt when you think about quantum mechanics?"

Prof. Brian Greene: "Always. If you study quantum mechanics and your head doesn't hurt, make sure someone takes your pulse. You may no longer be with us."

Offline theDUD3

« Reply #9861 on: November 20, 2020, 09:12:43 PM »
AX3600 Wi-Fi 6 router and Raspberry 4 B+ kit both for the NAS I'm making. :)
Ryzen 7 3700X | MSI B450 Tomahawk Plus | 2x8GB GSkill FlareX DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3800Mhz CL16 | GTX 1070 Ti | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe + Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD  + 6TB HDD | 34" Xiaomi Surface 144hz WQHD Monitor | Keychron K2 V2 Mechanical Keyboard | Logitech G304 Wireless Gaming Mouse

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9862 on: November 22, 2020, 09:21:13 AM »
tp-link AV600 Powerline Starter Kit

Tenda W15E multi-WAN router
Finally got my 2 ISPs working on 1 router without having to lay down unsightly Ethernet cables. :happy: 

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9863 on: November 22, 2020, 07:40:58 PM »
Pizza from Kenny's! The philly cheesesteak is good.

fhtagn

Offline lahar

« Reply #9864 on: November 23, 2020, 06:21:21 AM »
Pizza from Kenny's! The philly cheesesteak is good.

Interesting that Kenny's is now moving into other food segments too. I just ate at Shakeys and they got also burgers now!

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #9865 on: November 23, 2020, 06:24:43 PM »
Panasonic cordless phone

Online altec

« Reply #9866 on: November 23, 2020, 07:27:59 PM »
^Pilosopo remark: lahat naman ng bagong telepono, cordless ah :).
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9867 on: November 23, 2020, 07:35:27 PM »
Have cordless phones improved battery-wise? I hope they're no longer using Ni-Cd or Ni-MH battery packs.

Offline Mr. Bungle

« Reply #9868 on: November 23, 2020, 11:11:41 PM »
Have cordless phones improved battery-wise? I hope they're no longer using Ni-Cd or Ni-MH battery packs.

Mine's got 10 hours talk time and 6 days standby. It still uses a pair of AAA Ni-MH batteries though.

Offline ris

« Reply #9869 on: November 23, 2020, 11:50:19 PM »
grease and UV light just arrived now
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline ris

« Reply #9870 on: November 23, 2020, 11:59:04 PM »

Mine's got 10 hours talk time and 6 days standby. It still uses a pair of AAA Ni-MH batteries though.

batteries are cheap for that too.  i think the current batteries that i use are less than 50php for the pair.  AAA rechargeable batteries are better than those proprietary batteries.  bought these AAA replacements at ace hardware

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9871 on: November 24, 2020, 02:48:12 AM »
^ Nothing wrong with Ni-MH rechargables! A pair of AAA Eneloops in my old ANC headphones (Polk Audio Ultrafocus) still last 24 to 30 hours listening on a charge, and they're 5 or 6 years old now.

You just gotta remember to fully discharge the batteries before re-charging them, and if for some reason you end up stopping before getting to full charge don't resume charging and just use it as is until it's fully discharged again.

New ANC headphones! Early Black Friday deal + coupon somehow got the XH1000-XM3 below the magic 10k at Amazon. Sold out minutes after I got my order in.

Not my actual pic, but basically this:

fhtagn

Offline motion55

« Reply #9872 on: November 24, 2020, 09:09:13 AM »
Crimping tool for Molex terminals. My order from Amazon arrived yesterday. Total cost is $32.76 including shipping to the Philippines.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WPT5M1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I examined the packaging and there was no "Made in China" on it.

"Set your mind free!"

Offline ris

« Reply #9873 on: November 24, 2020, 05:51:15 PM »
^ Nothing wrong with Ni-MH rechargables! A pair of AAA Eneloops in my old ANC headphones (Polk Audio Ultrafocus) still last 24 to 30 hours listening on a charge, and they're 5 or 6 years old now.

You just gotta remember to fully discharge the batteries before re-charging them, and if for some reason you end up stopping before getting to full charge don't resume charging and just use it as is until it's fully discharged again.

New ANC headphones! Early Black Friday deal + coupon somehow got the XH1000-XM3 below the magic 10k at Amazon. Sold out minutes after I got my order in.

oh.  its not good to recharge a partially charged Ni-MH battery?  i forgot about that.  hehehe! 

my current AAA battery installed on my cordless phone is GP brand.  bought from ace hardware.  its been more than 4 years already and its working quite well. 

eneloops are expensive right?  so i would expect them to last longer than other brands

the one that is broken is the foam that pushes the batteries in place.  its disintegrating now so i removed it.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9874 on: November 24, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »
I'm not dissing Ni-MH or Ni-Cd as those are still useful where normal battery sizes are used. I just thought cordless phones would have switched to Li batteries by now.

I'm also quite surprised that cordless phones apparently still have a market as our landline phone is barely used except for calling deliveries or reporting line problems to Meralco and PLDT. But then, even delivery services and reporting of line trouble are already done online via website or phone app nowadays. Hindi na rin uso ang "telebabad" among the young.

Sa business na lang siguro useful.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9875 on: November 24, 2020, 06:27:20 PM »
Back to topic:
Bought 8 GP ReCyko+ Ni-MH AAA batteries.

I've heard these are supposed to be competition for Eneloops... we'll see.
Also, paid property taxes. Had to pay early to get a discount. Though I'm not sure how much is the regular price.

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9876 on: November 24, 2020, 08:55:55 PM »
oh.  its not good to recharge a partially charged Ni-MH battery?  i forgot about that.  hehehe! 

Not good to overcharge them either! May voltage degradation din if you do that too much, so not really a good idea to leave them charging all the time/overnight.

My Eneloops are 950mAh, and I have a 120mA charger. Assuming a charge efficiency of 85-90% I try to charge for no more than 10h and set an alarm so I can unplug.

eneloops are expensive right?  so i would expect them to last longer than other brands

Actually Eneloop Pro pala lol. Yes they were pretty pricey, but IMO worth every cent. A while back I was hearing you can buy "Enelongs" which were purportedly identical to Eneloops but much cheaper. Dunno what happened to those now, baka got sued na lol
fhtagn

Offline ris

« Reply #9877 on: November 25, 2020, 12:49:00 AM »
I'm not dissing Ni-MH or Ni-Cd as those are still useful where normal battery sizes are used. I just thought cordless phones would have switched to Li batteries by now.

I'm also quite surprised that cordless phones apparently still have a market as our landline phone is barely used except for calling deliveries or reporting line problems to Meralco and PLDT. But then, even delivery services and reporting of line trouble are already done online via website or phone app nowadays. Hindi na rin uso ang "telebabad" among the young.

Sa business na lang siguro useful.

well, regarding business, i prefer to use a landline to call businesses if i want to talk to someone or make reservations to restaurants via phone call.  mas malinaw din kasi pag landline.  di kagaya ng cellphone na dapat pareho kayo malakas ang signal.

Not good to overcharge them either! May voltage degradation din if you do that too much, so not really a good idea to leave them charging all the time/overnight.

My Eneloops are 950mAh, and I have a 120mA charger. Assuming a charge efficiency of 85-90% I try to charge for no more than 10h and set an alarm so I can unplug.

Actually Eneloop Pro pala lol. Yes they were pretty pricey, but IMO worth every cent. A while back I was hearing you can buy "Enelongs" which were purportedly identical to Eneloops but much cheaper. Dunno what happened to those now, baka got sued na lol

yup.  i remove the phone from the charger once its full.  but i charge it when the battery is a bit low already.  the charger for my cordless phone is the phone itself.  based on your comment, i think your charger is separate from the phone right?

BTT:  delivery from shopee arrived today.  UV flashlight, screen protector and LED brake lights. 

just drove around a bit and i think my car just blew a fuse.  i currently have LED reverse lights installed for a bit over a month and based on my googling these LED reverse lights may cause my car fuse blowing up.  now im thinking if i would install these brake lights...  i returned the original reverse lights already but it seems to not work too.  parang madaming nadamay na fuse ang reverse lights na ito

Offline constantine24x

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #9878 on: November 25, 2020, 04:38:37 AM »

Nice sir! How much po total cost incl shipping and taxes?

Online splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9879 on: November 25, 2020, 11:35:15 AM »
^ Around P9,800 item+S&H. No taxes since it slipped under P10k.
It was $208 - $20 coupon + $14 shipping
fhtagn