Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 569468 times)

Offline symphony X

Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #9280 on: February 07, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »
wtf lol on those Hunnies
"Does your head still hurt when you think about quantum mechanics?"

Prof. Brian Greene: "Always. If you study quantum mechanics and your head doesn't hurt, make sure someone takes your pulse. You may no longer be with us."

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9281 on: February 08, 2020, 03:59:51 PM »
fhtagn

Online motion55

« Reply #9282 on: February 08, 2020, 07:50:26 PM »
sabi nga ni Bill Gates few years ago, "there's one area though where the world isn't making much progress and that's pandemic preparedness." tumpak sya

Found the Youtube video of his speech.

https://youtu.be/6Af6b_wyiwI
"Set your mind free!"

Offline symphony X

« Reply #9283 on: February 14, 2020, 01:37:03 PM »
@motion55 yup that's the one, TED talk pala, thanks man

"Does your head still hurt when you think about quantum mechanics?"

Prof. Brian Greene: "Always. If you study quantum mechanics and your head doesn't hurt, make sure someone takes your pulse. You may no longer be with us."

Offline bravoexo

• PeopleSoft
« Reply #9284 on: February 15, 2020, 04:53:59 AM »
D@mn it, lost the 4Tb external HDD partition of my TV/Movies archive...  just spent $94 on RecoverIT just to get them all back...and I still don't have a place to put those recovered files into...and if I reboot, I'll have to do the 10hr re-scan all over again...ARRGGGHH!@
i9-9900K, Aorus Z390 Master, Aorus RGB 32Gb DDR4-3200, GTX ASUS ROG Strix 1080 SLI, Samsung 970 M2 512Gb, Crucial MX100-512Gb SSD, Sandisk Ultra II 960Gb SSD, F1 1Tb, Sony KDL 43X8500G, GMX 2.1, Lian-Li PC-011 Air, Corsair H150i Pro, Corsair LL-120x6, Lian-Li RGB Cables, G502

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9285 on: February 15, 2020, 05:59:46 AM »
D@mn it, lost the 4Tb external HDD partition of my TV/Movies archive...  just spent $94 on RecoverIT just to get them all back...and I still don't have a place to put those recovered files into...and if I reboot, I'll have to do the 10hr re-scan all over again...ARRGGGHH!@
i felt that. ouch.

Offline boom_box

• http://nerv28.multiply.com
« Reply #9286 on: February 15, 2020, 03:34:08 PM »
Me still wants a NMAX scoot for long rides..

AirChild Virtual supports UNICEF

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9287 on: February 17, 2020, 04:47:24 AM »
fhtagn

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
    • https://www.livestocksbusiness.com/wheelee
« Reply #9288 on: February 17, 2020, 02:49:02 PM »
When will the Travel Ban be Lifted  >:(

^ BTW that's awesome!
take the 2 month challenge & double your funds just like I did!

https://www.livestocksbusiness.com/wheelee

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9289 on: February 18, 2020, 07:15:26 PM »
Well, that was certainly one of the worst traffic jams I have ever experienced, if only the incidents in the bus are counted.

Bus was hardly moving (southbound) before it approached Nichols tollway, and in all my years of commuting I have only seen today a lady get off the bus to relieve herself somewhere, and later a man who was standing vomited what looks like most of his lunch. Probably from the heat and exhaustion. Someone offered his seat to him but he declined and just sat on the floor.

Then every so often a phone would ring and the person who answered it says that he or she was stuck in traffic.

I hope the authorities will enact ways to alleviate the current situation because it is unbearable.

Online Mr. Bungle

« Reply #9290 on: February 18, 2020, 09:33:15 PM »
I say: Apparently, anyone 30 and above is a now a baby boomer.

....and then someone replies: ok boomer.

...I think: that shit needs to die.

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #9291 on: February 19, 2020, 06:21:53 AM »
Well, that was certainly one of the worst traffic jams I have ever experienced, if only the incidents in the bus are counted.

Bus was hardly moving (southbound) before it approached Nichols tollway, and in all my years of commuting I have only seen today a lady get off the bus to relieve herself somewhere, and later a man who was standing vomited what looks like most of his lunch. Probably from the heat and exhaustion. Someone offered his seat to him but he declined and just sat on the floor.

Then every so often a phone would ring and the person who answered it says that he or she was stuck in traffic.

I hope the authorities will enact ways to alleviate the current situation because it is unbearable.
sobra na talaga itong gobyernong ito
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9292 on: February 19, 2020, 07:32:15 AM »

I wouldn't blame it all on this current government. Maraming problema sa infrastructure ng Metro Manila dahil sa kapabayaan ng mga nagdaang henerasyon. Kung sa simula pa lang may proper urban planning eh hindi tayo nagkakaganito.

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9293 on: February 19, 2020, 07:41:15 AM »
I have a 25Mbps fiber plan and since the final quarter of last year, after an hours-long service outage, our speed miraculously got bumped up to around 70Mbps. Apparently, they've accidentally removed the speed cap and none of the customers told them of the "upgrade". >:D
Last month they upgraded their system along with all old modems in our area and that was that, no more speed bump.
Now everything feels so slow... :(

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #9294 on: February 19, 2020, 09:02:03 AM »

I wouldn't blame it all on this current government. Maraming problema sa infrastructure ng Metro Manila dahil sa kapabayaan ng mga nagdaang henerasyon. Kung sa simula pa lang may proper urban planning eh hindi tayo nagkakaganito.

WallyWest is right. the traffic (at least in SLEX) is caused by the construction of Skyway extension which should reduce the congestion when it is finished. i would like that someone implements a better traffic scheme to help ease the problem.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9295 on: February 19, 2020, 09:19:47 AM »

The main reason traffic is bad is because infra is getting built. SLEX Alabang and South station are closed for work.
Better to do something now than to do nothing at all and have things be even worse later on.
fhtagn

Offline friendlyfire

• Brrrrrrr!!!
« Reply #9296 on: February 19, 2020, 10:30:09 AM »

The main reason traffic is bad is because infra is getting built. SLEX Alabang and South station are closed for work.
Better to do something now than to do nothing at all and have things be even worse later on.

the skyway project started long time ago and was an initiative of the pnoy government.the skyway project limited the access of most roads going to ports but it did not create carmageddon.  I blame the current government for lack of foresight and traffic management.  for example, the new train dalian trains can help a lot in traffic congestion but it was politicized to demonized the previous admin.  Subway project implementation was already late. Build, Build build was a farce. Millions of POGOs tax-free chinese workers were added to the population creating more vehicles and traffic.  PUV modernization didn''t push through but instead, the government killed it.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #9297 on: February 19, 2020, 11:30:20 AM »

the skyway project started long time ago and was an initiative of the pnoy government.the skyway project limited the access of most roads going to ports but it did not create carmageddon.  I blame the current government for lack of foresight and traffic management.  for example, the new train dalian trains can help a lot in traffic congestion but it was politicized to demonized the previous admin.  Subway project implementation was already late. Build, Build build was a farce. Millions of POGOs tax-free chinese workers were added to the population creating more vehicles and traffic.  PUV modernization didn''t push through but instead, the government killed it.
Skyway Expansion Project as we know it today was proposed by SMC in 2017.
https://www.bworldonline.com/smc-eyes-expansion-slex-skyway-naiax/
fhtagn

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #9299 on: February 20, 2020, 09:20:21 PM »
^ >:(