Author Topic: Perpetual Anime Thread  (Read 158424 times)

Offline ris

Re: Perpetual Anime Thread
« Reply #1920 on: September 08, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »
Started going through my archive of never before seen episodes.  Marathon through Haikyuu, Demi-chan, re-watched the first half of K-On again...  and just started on Servant x Service.  If Netflix put up more english dubbed anime, I would probably just watch there as well.

ang alam ko madaming nanonood ng anime na ayaw ang english dubbed.  especially if its horribly dubbed english.  parang ghostfighter lang yan.  hahahah!  sobrang di ko nagustuhan ang english dubbed.  tagalog ang preferred dub ko. 

My friend in Japan found a DVD box-set of Yu Yu Hakusho in a second hand store and had it sent to me as a birthday gift. But I could never watch it straight, not because there are no English audio or subtitles. Even the fan subs/dubs floating around the internet for me will not cut it. For me, Yu Yu Hakusho will always be Ghostfighter, Yusuke will always be Eugene and Taguro will always be shouting "ISANDAANG PORSIYENTO!". If GMA releases a box-set with the Tagalog audio I will definitely buy it.

mas maganda nga ang feeling ng tagalog na ghostfighter

Have you guys seen this?! Hi quality vid with original pinoy dub!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCduM7j-Pt8HstaEliCBNEpg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqADJhkgR9WvoWMh_blQuLw/feed

ayos yan ah!  kahit di na magdownload.  panoorin nalang online
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1921 on: September 08, 2018, 07:46:45 PM »
Just dropped Boku No Hero Academia after seeing the first few episodes of the third season. It's tuning into another generic shonen fighting anime.
what do you mean by that?

i still find it enjoyable. the character development, the drama, the seemingly impossible choices some characters have to make. i think it's what X-men should have been, instead of turning Iceman into Icegay and stuff like that.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1922 on: September 08, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »
mas maganda nga ang feeling ng tagalog na ghostfighter

Agreed! Parang version 1 Viz Media English dubs of Ranma 1/2. Too bad they changed voice actors around middle of S4.
fhtagn

Online Mr. Bungle

« Reply #1923 on: September 10, 2018, 06:12:11 PM »
Just dropped Boku No Hero Academia after seeing the first few episodes of the third season. It's tuning into another generic shonen fighting anime.

i still find it enjoyable. the character development, the drama, the seemingly impossible choices some characters have to make. i think it's what X-men should have been, instead of turning Iceman into Icegay and stuff like that.

I agree with your points which was why I enjoyed the first two seasons but by the start of the third season, I just kind of lost interest because at the end of the day, it still follows the usual shonen manga premise of a boy wanting to get stronger and stronger and stronger. I also never found the MC and the other characters likeable except maybe for All Might. The attempts at comedy are a bit weak as well. All in all, I guess it's just not my thing so I had to move on to other titles in my growing backlog of anime.

Online lahar

« Reply #1924 on: September 11, 2018, 07:17:26 AM »
Binge-watching on UC Gundam series.

Offline Sephiroth

« Reply #1925 on: September 11, 2018, 07:19:54 AM »

I agree with your points which was why I enjoyed the first two seasons but by the start of the third season, I just kind of lost interest because at the end of the day, it still follows the usual shonen manga premise of a boy wanting to get stronger and stronger and stronger. I also never found the MC and the other characters likeable except maybe for All Might. The attempts at comedy are a bit weak as well. All in all, I guess it's just not my thing so I had to move on to other titles in my growing backlog of anime.
ah. well, you are right there. still, i find it entertaining enough for me to continue watching. nothing else seems to catch my interest anyway. :lol: