Author Topic: (Vbasic) Grocery Inventory Help  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Mr.Krab

• Semi-Newbie
(Vbasic) Grocery Inventory Help
« on: February 20, 2004, 10:21:47 PM »
I have a project in school, and its all about POS and Grocery inventory system, can someone give me an idea on how POS and inventory works, I need to code it in Vbasic, should i use ado or dao? is one dbase (mdb) file enough? I'm kinda stuck and dont know where to start, please help. anyone who have experience in making POS.

jep

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 10:43:46 PM »
ano yung POS? hehe. pero i suggest that you use ADODC/DB or DataEnvironment. And 1 database is enough, it is up to you to expand any database to your needs.

it would be very hard to discuss on how will you code your program here. you can download some free source codes and base your system from there.

i can help you out if you like, just leave me your Yahoo ID but i cant promise anything. =)

Offline Mr.Krab

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 10:47:27 PM »

Offline Mr.Krab

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 12:54:23 AM »
bump

ravaged

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 10:59:40 AM »
use ado, kung project lang e pwede na mdb, if youre going to implement it e pwede na rin mdb initially, though preferably sql server or the like ang gamitin mo kasi mabilis lumaki yung data mo (bcoz of the POS). search for trial versions of similar programs sa web where you can base your program, you can start from there. good luck!

Offline [JZ] Nightmare

• OHMIGEWDNESS
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 01:14:38 AM »
POS

Point of Sale

a good example of pos is yung sa mga supermarket or yung mga may cashier na gumagamit ng monitor/pc + yung merong mga ginagamit sa barcode. IMHO, kaya tinawag na pos yan kasi pag nabili mo na yung product na rerecord kung ano yung product na nabili mo.

in your case with an inventory system, a likely scenario would be na once dumaan sa kahera yung customer na nabili at nabayaran yung product ay irerecord yung mga binili ng customer, quantity then ikakaltas sa inventory ng grocery, dba parang ganun, para up to date lagi yung inventory mo, plus pos also keeps track of sales done for a particular period like this month or this day or week, na pwede mong i query to know if these "tracking records" tally with your current inventory on hand.

another good addition to any inventory system is the "critical level". it's function is to warn the one in charge of the inventory stocks that a particular product's quantity is running low and therefore you need to order more stocks of it. every product has its own different critical level since not all products is sold at the same pace.
Intel i7-3770 | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Corsair H110 | Team Elite+ DDR3 1600mhz 2 x 8GB | Zotac GTX 1080 Amp Extreme | Intel 335 SSD 180gb | WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM 1000 | Samsung SH-222 DVD Writer | Samsung S23A300B | Logitech Z506 | Corsair Air 540