Author Topic: Where do we go from here?  (Read 557 times)

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
Where do we go from here?
« on: July 30, 2003, 10:29:21 AM »

Most of our systems has reach or even gone beyond the Flagship of available CPU's today. Our mobo's & memories streched beyond thier limits & VGA's that speed-up even our wildest imagination. So what's next, are we stuck did we hit a wall or will our nforce 2's still support the next generation of proc's? Can we still go beyond 3200+ without using LN2 & the likes? I hope so.

When will we ever be satisfied with what we have? Why do we always crave for the next best thing when just yesterday what we had was the next best thing? I guess as long as the BUG is within us we can never escape this intransitive senses. Long live the enthusiast.

AMD Fan

So how did you like my poem?
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.

Online jojitb

• http://
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 11:02:15 AM »
nice.

Offline cLaw

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 11:18:35 AM »
why do we crave for speed?...why do want to place the newest game in highest details?...

who dictates the need for speed?...is it us users?... manufacturers?... developers?.... or the industry as a whole?

ral

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 12:30:57 PM »
Where: Intel PIV 2.6C

Run it with DDR400 memory and a 4:5 ration and that should give you 3250MHz or something (dont have one so can some Intel guy please verufy or correct)... but that really wont be faster than your 2200MHz-2400MHz Athlon XP.

(more or less reviews show an XP3200+ can keep up with a P3.0C).

Push the memory up to 420-440MHz and you have 3412MHz-3575MHz (I guess this would out run our Athlons...).

Or maybe we sit and wait for 64bit.

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 02:00:24 PM »
**sigh** I thought 5G was just around the corner but alas they change the gameplay! Now @ 64bit with scaled down proc's. Starting at less than 2G's & climbing up the ladder again, i hope it's not Jacobs Ladder, driving the consumers nut's (well not all, i guess we're just a mere 5% of eccentric's out there).

I guess the Ultimate system will never be built.
what is love? baby don't hurt me, no more.