Author Topic: Iwill KK266 Owners Out There( Moderator dean pls. look)  (Read 1395 times)

Offline carmancilla

• Semi-Newbie
Iwill KK266 Owners Out There( Moderator dean pls. look)
« on: July 21, 2003, 11:50:07 AM »
I'm thinking of upgrading my processor and Video Card.  I'm not sure the Athlon XP1700 can run on it or the lastest ATI Radeon cards or GF4s.

Currently i have an Athlon 900 and Elsa Gladiac GF2 MX.  According to IWill, hindi sure tatakbo ang XP processors but I think I remember an old thread where some have had success until XP 1700 only and 1800 or above won't work. ( I think moderator dean knows about this)

Please enlighten me on this.

Offline nomanji

• Veterans
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 12:17:48 PM »
save some more and upgrade your motherboard too.

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 01:28:37 PM »
yeah, there was a discussion about some athlon xp's not being able to run on the KK266 but here's proof that i ran mine... it's a palomino though...

http://www.pinoypc.net/hardware/xppreview/index.shtml

try reading around the iwill web site and http://www.amdmb.com... there should be some information there.

as for upgrading your cpu and video card, that wouldn't hurt at all.  for starters... say you you can run a t-bred B on your motherboard, you can run that along with a radeon or a geforcefx and when you upgrade your cpu and memory, you can still re-use your cpu and video card.
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline carmancilla

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 04:30:51 PM »
Ah ok thanks again dean, so palomino XP lang ang pwede and the other types are not guaranteed to run?

Nanghihina pa ko mag-upgrade ng board even though my rig is 2 years old and still uses SDRAM, I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever .

Offline BaThMaN

• http://
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 04:42:22 PM »
meron ata certain version na pede (rev ng pcb)... not sure, or baka ibang mobo nasa isip ko...
eddie gil for president!

Offline edward1013

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 04:46:53 PM »
kung wala naman urgency na mag up-grade bakit pa? wait for the next batch of new mobos+proc+mem.

Offline carmancilla

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 05:23:24 PM »
dean,

Did you use an updated BIOS for the test system you used at the link you provided? I checked a few sites comparing Palominos and Thoroughbreds and the obvious difference between the two is that the Palominos have resistors underneath them while the T-breds don't.  

So if I'm planning to get an XP1700 this is how I should fairly distinguish the two.  You'll be surprised that some well known PC shops don't know sh*t and don't give a f*ck when I asked a few of them the difference.

Online lahar

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 08:10:16 PM »
I'm running an XP1500 using the last offical bios (Oct2001). When the bios came out it said it will enable the mobo to run the XPs but when I checked again when I got the XP1500 in August2002 Iwill said to use the XP at your own risk. Anyway mine worked. Not sure if the XP1700 will run though.

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 09:20:08 PM »
Ah ok thanks again dean, so palomino XP lang ang pwede and the other types are not guaranteed to run?

i'm not sure about this so like i said, do your research by going to the iwill web site or read around different forums like amdmb.com.

bathman, i think rev 1.2 was the last revision of the KK266... not too sure if there were drastic changes when they released the KK266plus.

dean,

Did you use an updated BIOS for the test system you used at the link you provided? I checked a few sites comparing Palominos and Thoroughbreds and the obvious difference between the two is that the Palominos have resistors underneath them while the T-breds don't.

i was using the latest official bios that time i tested it if i remember things correctly.  the difference you noted is just the physical difference.  if you do a little more reading, you'll find out that there's actually more than meets the eye.

So if I'm planning to get an XP1700 this is how I should fairly distinguish the two. You'll be surprised that some well known PC shops don't know sh*t and don't give a f**k when I asked a few of them the difference.

like i said, do your research.  don't rely too much on what the stores will tell you.  and if you don't know where to start reading, i'll help you out with a link:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1685
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

guido

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 10:18:28 PM »
i'm still using my iwill kk266r. only palominos work on this board  according to amdmb forums. mine is xp1700 and working fine.

swertihan lang daw. i've read here before of another user where the xp did not work (si mojako yata)

i also upgraded my vc recently. i've read of people having problems with gf4 ti's so i bought a radeon 9100, but it won't boot. gave it to my nephew and  tried the gainward gf4 ti4400.luckily it worked.

hope this helps

Offline k00kiboy

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 10:47:42 PM »
my older rig runs a palomino 1600+. Works like a charm; even OCed it. (Hahahah.)

My problem was with certain video card combinations, usally newer ones. A good example of this was my first Inno3D GF4 Ti4200... it works, but sometimes, the board fails to detect it completely and just beeps. (And that's with a 350w Enermax PSU.)

Offline carmancilla

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2003, 10:11:41 AM »
Maraming salamat to all the peeps that posted!

abused_and_confused

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2003, 11:45:37 AM »
am using kk266-r and my processor is an athlonxp 1500+. gumagana naman. no problem. my bios is oct 2001

Offline herbie

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2003, 12:00:15 PM »
I have a KK-266+ and I was able to use an AthlonXP 1900+ in it with the latest BIOS.

Offline carmancilla

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2003, 12:07:40 PM »
herbie and abused_and_confused,

XPs are guaranteed to work with the KK266plus version or KK266Raid Version talaga.  Sayang nga dapat yun plus nalang binili  binili ko dati.

ral

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2003, 12:12:04 PM »
KK266 Plus officially supports Arthlon XP Processors up to XP1900+

KK266 Plus does not, but you may be able to get one running on it anyway.

ral

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2003, 12:25:05 PM »
By the way, probably best to use a Palomino. When I have time I will try one.

Online lahar

Re: Iwill KK266 Owners Out There( Moderator dean pls. look)
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 01:53:01 PM »
I think I still got this board.

Offline wheelee

• Nobody's tomorrow is guaranteed

Online lahar

Re: Iwill KK266 Owners Out There( Moderator dean pls. look)
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 01:08:06 PM »
This was a highly recommended board by PPC back then.