Author Topic: Perpetual Car Thread  (Read 732918 times)

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
Re: Perpetual Car Thread
« Reply #7140 on: November 08, 2020, 12:56:49 AM »
need to have wheels (re)painted.  I have a friend who owns a shop near me but do you folks have any personal recommendations for wheels painting?  Would really appreciate some leads and hopefully the rates are good too.  Thanks so much!

also need headlights to be cleaned so recommendations would be appreciated too.  thank you!
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #7141 on: November 08, 2020, 01:04:46 AM »
What brand you got? The Philips are kinda pricey but still way below what an HID retrofit would cost. There are cheaper brands like Novsight that are supposedly ok, but somehow the LED strips don't look quite as narrow as Philips'.

Novsight dashcam video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf8fzEgeu0c

I got the Novsight LEDs on my fogs. They are dual color (white and yellow) which you can change by simply turning them off an on again. They are pretty good. I also have LEDs on my low beams (I don't remember the brand anymore and Lazada seems to have pulled ot out from their line). But not satisfied with them as they are 6500K, the don't have the "throw" and color seems "dead". I ordered from LED Works Philippines their X9 series All Weathers at 4300K which they claim has Philips LEDs already.

bringing this up: there are 3000k Novsight LEDs now on Lazada/Shopee and might give them a shot for my car's fog lamps in December.  Priced around 1k so might be worth the risk in case it doesn't work out.
https://shopee.ph/Ready-Stock-Novsight-N12-3000K-Yellow-Light-10000LM-72W-Car-LED-Headlight-Car-Light-Bulb-Super-Bright-2PCS-i.58508304.3161087390
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline altec

« Reply #7142 on: November 08, 2020, 02:15:40 AM »
You guys, you know i sold my car early this year. It was a good car; and has a lot of sentimental value too. I don't have a car now. And....

...And I'm surprised that i don't miss driving; to use the older term- i don't miss motoring. Maybe because motoring isn't the best  word for what it actually is now.  Yeah, driving isn't what it used to be 15 years ago when i first got hold of my gasoline sedan steed. (11 years ago,  i took my gf to shangrila for a film festival. We took the lrt-mrt. That's on a weekday. That's not gonna happen nowadays huh?) So what am saying is: the road is more rude, uncouth, and constricted now that it's a different animal. I almost feel filthy myself having to deal with these and i get this battered feeling when i get to my destination. And to be honest, gasoline prices and toll fees just hurts too much  for me. The changes are truly incremental that i almost didn't notice it.  *cough* *cough* *cough* salami slice strategy.

*If i need to go to manila, i just take the bus. Use my phone for entertainment. Plus points if i get a window seat and if the peanuts are hot and crunchy. I have never come across this in any website but i discovered this: if 4g reception is laggy, put it in airplane mode briefly to force the phone to unlatch from the last tower and connect to the closest tower when travelling. Rinse and repeat for every town.

*Cars are reliable if preventive maintenance is followed. Hindi ako natirikan ni isang beses in my 250,000km+ 1999 car. The cars now are so different, i didn't know gas caps no longer exist before i looked it up this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m39pEfEg13E

*I have a friend who has a decent job in makati. He doesn't see the point in buying a car. He has a condo, almost always eat out, went to japan before just to join a MTG tourney; i think he can afford a car....  but for what, when there's Grab?   
Will never, ever buy a SONY ever again.

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #7143 on: November 08, 2020, 12:24:43 PM »
I also had to get rid of my car and the reason is also the same.... I don't need it. I have an ebike and an electric moped so my want to have a car could no be justified anymore.... I can still go anywhere I want and I do not need even get grab unless the place I go to is very far away or does not have a convenient public transport...

Offline wickwire

« Reply #7144 on: November 08, 2020, 01:01:41 PM »
I had to sell my 97 Nissan Sentra ST after my awful experience having stalled the engine several times in creep n crawl traffic along coastal road in 2017. It wasnít the carís fault. The traffic was so bad that I had cramped my left foot inching away for god knows how long. Thatís when I realized I had to get a Ďmaticí. Although the car that replaced it isnít perfect, I thoroughly enjoy driving it in the 4 months of driving time Iíve had with it. Needless to say it has its Ďquirksí.

Owning a car in the Philippines nowadays almost seems like a luxury item for most I feel. The traffic in the metro is just so horrendous that it sucks so much energy sitting in what seems like an endless traffic mess. Thatís why as much as I would like to use accessible public transportation and let go of maintaining a car, my family will need it especially my mom who travels back and forth from the US with me. If and when the Philippines start to implement better PWD access and assistance like what we have here, then I can let go of my beloved Fiesta.

iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
Samsung S8 S9+
Samsung Note8 for work
Alienware R13 2017 GTX1060 Oled
Macbook Air 13 thin, light and unapologetically dated, yet I use it more than my Alien

Online lahar

« Reply #7145 on: November 08, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »
^Thing is with the ongoing pandemic, taking mass-transit (bus, MRT, PUJ, UV-express, a plane even!) is not advisable.

Offline dom_08

• Moderators
  • Dom Dycaico
« Reply #7146 on: November 22, 2020, 08:38:50 PM »
napansin ko ang dami na nagbibike.  parang ok na alternative yun. kaso magastos din pala. WAHAHAHA

Offline berdugoh

« Reply #7147 on: November 23, 2020, 08:21:44 AM »
Tesla model s engine teardown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvLmBfwmA04