Author Topic: Perpetual Car Thread  (Read 639805 times)

Offline spoliarium

• Moderators
  • The Last Airbender
Re: Perpetual Car Thread
« Reply #1380 on: February 03, 2007, 07:25:35 AM »
Of course my mother/father accompanies me.

You have a student's driver license?  If not, that's still not allowed (legally).
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Online lahar

« Reply #1381 on: February 03, 2007, 07:27:48 AM »
Of course my mother/father accompanies me.

You have a student's driver license?  If not, that's still not allowed (legally).

AFAIK you have to be 18 to be issued a students drivers license anyway. And even if you have one you still have to drive while supervised.

Offline imheretohelp21

• Trusted HJT Advisor
« Reply #1382 on: February 03, 2007, 07:33:34 AM »
i think it's 16.
Booting to Windows: |||||||||| *crash!*

Debian rocks, Suse rules!

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #1383 on: February 03, 2007, 07:35:23 AM »
yup, but by law, it's illegal to do so... and having your folks around doesn't really make the situation any better but in fact it makes it even worse.  wait until the time is right na lang for everybody's safety.
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Online lahar

« Reply #1384 on: February 03, 2007, 07:35:52 AM »

Offline X3ME15

• Moderators
  • Render Me This, Decode Me That!
    • My Blog
« Reply #1385 on: February 03, 2007, 09:56:15 AM »
ut AFAIK, mas maraming safety features ang LPG tank na ginagamit sa mga kotse kesa sa bahay (thicker casing and more safety valves). Halos lahat ng taxi na nasakyan ko dito sa Japan, LPG ang gamit, hindi mo mahahalata sa hitsura, or hatak.

Last month lang nung umuwi ako, may nakasabay ako sa Petron Commonwealth habang nag-papachange-oil, yung isang Toyota taxi naman nagpapa-undercoat.nang binuksan yung trunk, naka-LPG, pero hindi naman gaano nakain yung luggage space, halos ganun pa rin ang laki.

actually LPG are used as additives for trucks/SUV/pickups (diesel engines) much like NOS to give boost but cheaper..

"Love is Bliss, Thus is Desolation" - a lover's gripe with humanity | "Patience is Like Foreplay.. The More You Wait, The More Pleasing It Will

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #1386 on: February 03, 2007, 11:07:54 AM »
i was 16 when i got my student's license. got my non-pro license when i was 17. i remember taking my first solo trips as a freshman in up.

Offline spoliarium

• Moderators
  • The Last Airbender
« Reply #1387 on: February 03, 2007, 11:15:41 AM »
I remember taking my first solo trips as a freshman in up.

Same here with my mom's 1969 German-made Volkswagen Beetle 1.5 Liter.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Online lahar

« Reply #1388 on: February 03, 2007, 11:32:46 AM »
Back to reality muna... this was posted by Zeus over at tsikot.com:

LPG Truck Explosion

UPDATE) Death toll in LPG truck explosion now over 20
Cops rule incident an ‘accident’
By Thea Alberto, Hernan P. dela Cruz
INQUIRER.net, Inquirer
Last updated 03:11pm (Mla time) 02/02/2007

PAGADIAN CITY, Philippines -- At least 22 persons, including a three-year old boy, were killed and at least 10 others injured when dozens of tanks of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) being hauled by a truck exploded in Zamboanga del Sur late Friday morning, officials said.
Chief Superintendent Jaime Caringal, Mindanao regional police director, immediately ruled the incident which happened past 11 a.m. in Sitio (sub-village) Diorok, Barangay (village) Lacupayan, Tigbao, “an accident.”
Caringal said they were still trying to get an accurate count but acknowledged that the final toll could still rise as emergency workers continued to retrieve bodies and check the different hospitals where casualties were rushed.
Major Gary Lachica, executive officer of the Army's 53rd Infantry Battalion, said troops who responded to the incident estimated “dozens” may have been killed and that the injury count was still mounting.
Most of the victims were aboard an RS Transit passenger bus from Imelda town on its way here.
Based on initial reports he received, Lachica said the truck was hauling the LPG from here to Zamboanga City when it turned turtle along the highway. The accident caused a traffic jam but the driver of the bus still tried to inch his way past the overturned truck.
"It was at this moment that the explosions occurred," Lachica said.
However, Caringal said other accounts from drivers in of other vehicles said the rear end of the truck suddenly caught fire as it traversed the highway.
Most of the victims sustained burns and wounds from flying debris. There were reports that a number of the dead were torn apart by the force of the explosion.
Originally posted at 12:48pm

Another poster (mbiege) followed up with some info on how dangerous and volatile LPG is:

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION/PROPERTIES:
Appearance:Rapidly evaporating liquid or gas with rotten cabbage - like smell.
Initial Boiling Point:- 42 to 0 deg C.
Melting Point:Not applicable
Specific Gravity:0.49 to 0.57 (liquid)
Solubility in Water: Very slight
Vapour Pressure at 20 Deg C:107 to 730 kpag
Flash Point:-104 to 60 deg C
Lower Flammability Limit:1.9 % in air
Upper Flammability Limit:9.5 % in air
Vapour density:1.5 to 2.0 air = 1%
Volatiles:100 %
OTHER PROPERTIES:Evaporation Rate:Rapid
Auto ignition Point:482 to 5820 deg C

From this Wikipedia site, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_point:
Petrol:

* Flash point: >-45 °C (-49 °F)
    * Autoignition temperature: 246 °C (475 °F)

Diesel:

* Flash point: >62 °C (144 °F)
    * Autoignition temperature: 210 °C (410 °F)

LPG

* Flash point: -104 to 60 deg C
    * Autoignition Point: 482 to 5820 deg C

IMO the government should have a second look at the legality of LPG fueled vehicles. With such a broad flashpoint it is very dangerous to be lugging about a tank of LPG. Couple that with the fact that these tanks are typically highly pressurized and you have a recipe for disaster.

Sabi dun sa tsikot.com, CO2 cylinders daw hindi LPG?

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #1389 on: February 04, 2007, 01:36:07 AM »
They updated the thread? Any link to a new story?
3 posts long pa lang yung thread nung una kong nabasa eh.
fhtagn

Offline ^_^japol

• Veterans
  • sus
    • personal folio site
« Reply #1390 on: February 04, 2007, 05:05:00 AM »
any advice on getting car audio (just maybe add a new mp3 player and a small sub , budget around 20-25K) and is rapide ok? my fuel meter has been broken for some time now and i already had it changed sa mitsu quezon ave (they suck btw) and they've made it worse , lastly any good online sources for reading car maintenance? i had my first car problem in years and frankly i dont even know how to change a tire  :lol:

Offline imheretohelp21

• Trusted HJT Advisor
« Reply #1391 on: February 04, 2007, 08:20:15 AM »
any advice on getting car audio (just maybe add a new mp3 player and a small sub , budget around 20-25K) and is rapide ok? my fuel meter has been broken for some time now and i already had it changed sa mitsu quezon ave (they suck btw) and they've made it worse , lastly any good online sources for reading car maintenance? i had my first car problem in years and frankly i dont even know how to change a tire  :lol:

pioneer audio.

Maintenance: http://carfinderph.com/tips/maintainindex.htm
Maintaining the engine: http://carfinderph.com/tips/enginetips.htm
Driving tips: http://carfinderph.com/tips/drivingindex.htm
Booting to Windows: |||||||||| *crash!*

Debian rocks, Suse rules!

Online lahar

« Reply #1392 on: February 04, 2007, 10:04:24 AM »

http://www.tsikot.com/

Meron diyan threads on car audio/video, maintenance, as well as Rapide. 

Offline alikishi

• Moderators
    • http://alikishi.multiply.com
« Reply #1393 on: February 04, 2007, 10:15:27 AM »

pioneer audio.

Maintenance: http://carfinderph.com/tips/maintainindex.htm
Maintaining the engine: http://carfinderph.com/tips/enginetips.htm
Driving tips: http://carfinderph.com/tips/drivingindex.htm

Can't you give your own advice?
Nikon D300 + MB D10, Nikkor 17-55mm F/2.8G, Nikkor 70-200mm F/2.8G VR, Nikon SB-900

Offline icebuko

« Reply #1394 on: February 04, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »

Pasok sa budget mo entry level na mp3 head unit, targa seps saka sub, saka v12 amp.
or kung gusto mo, abang abang ka ng 2nd hand unit na maganda dito:
http://kotseaudioclub.com/forum/index.php sa caraudioshop online.
Try mo din dumaan sa araneta car accessories, along araneta av lang yun. look for jeff tan. meron syang mga package na pasok sa budget mo.

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #1395 on: February 04, 2007, 10:42:23 AM »
fafa japol,

try mo rin pumunta sa mymitsuph tsaka mitsulancerph if you want some advice about your lancer hehe...
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline pbatacan

« Reply #1396 on: February 04, 2007, 10:51:44 AM »
Post ko lang yung Newly bought 2nd Hand car namin. hehe nadagdagan nanaman

Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 (Blue pero pina repaint na namin into silver at pina detail talaga)

Family Car(Sunday Car): Ford Mustang 1994 3.8L V6 4-Speed Automatic

My Car: Honda City 2006 1.5L CVT 7-Speed

Mom's Car: Honda CRV 2002 2.0L 4-Speed Automatic

Dad's Car: Isuzu Trooper 2001 4-Speed Automatic (Di ko Sure if 2001 nga na model)

---------

I enjoy driving the CVT. Para akong F1 Racer hehe. Push of a button lang para mag shift ng gears. A total of 7 gears hehe.
Gaming Rig:

Intel Pentium 4 3.2E @ 4GHz
MSI 865PE Platinum Edition
2x512MB Dual DDR400 2-3-3-6 PAT Enabled
Palit 6800GS Super 512MB GDDR3 500/1400
80GB Seagate Barracuda
2x40 Seagate Barracuda
Enermax 550 Watts PSU

Offline Heishiro

• Moderators
  • BIOMENYEKZ
« Reply #1397 on: February 04, 2007, 11:02:40 AM »
@pbatacan,
benta mo nang muna yung gulong ng kotse mo para
makapag pcie system ka na! :lol:
Rick "rolled" Astley would never :
- Give you up
- Let you down
- Run around and desert you
- Make you cry
- Say goodbye
- Tell a lie and hurt you

Offline Taggy

• http://taggy.cjb.net
« Reply #1398 on: February 04, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »
aha! kilala ko na si pbatacan :) hehehe..

Offline xandro20

« Reply #1399 on: February 04, 2007, 02:45:37 PM »
hmm familiar sakin stang pati crv saw it few times in bacaca road