Author Topic: Perpetual Car Thread  (Read 713192 times)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
Re: Perpetual Car Thread
« Reply #7080 on: December 19, 2019, 06:35:24 PM »
Any recommended place to get cloudy plastic headlights restored?
fhtagn

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
« Reply #7081 on: December 30, 2019, 10:53:07 PM »
I found a guy in Facebook a couple of years back that did home service. He brought a heat gun and re-sealed the headlights. Didn't last too long, though. Something about the plastic getting cloudy because of the heat of halogens, I guess.

Does anyone know if the 2016 Brio has compatible parts from other cars? I may need to replace the driver side axle on mine. I am hearing knocking sounds on full left lock when doing u-turns.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #7083 on: January 09, 2020, 08:48:30 AM »
I found a guy in Facebook a couple of years back that did home service. He brought a heat gun and re-sealed the headlights. Didn't last too long, though. Something about the plastic getting cloudy because of the heat of halogens, I guess.

Does anyone know if the 2016 Brio has compatible parts from other cars? I may need to replace the driver side axle on mine. I am hearing knocking sounds on full left lock when doing u-turns.

Did he spray the headlights with clearcoat afterwards? I read you're supposed to do that because the buffing process takes away a UV-protective layer that used to be on there.
fhtagn

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #7084 on: January 09, 2020, 10:24:08 PM »
kelangan talaga isprayan yan ng clear coat after buffing and polishing the plastic, uv-resistant if possible to protect the plastic.

Offline lahar

« Reply #7085 on: February 04, 2020, 05:58:21 PM »
ECU reflash explained

https://youtu.be/L8voHypA-do

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
fhtagn

Offline lahar

« Reply #7087 on: February 12, 2020, 12:27:29 PM »
https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/is-toyota-ph-planning-to-launch-5-door-corolla-crossover.html

It seems Toyota may be planning to add another version of the new generation Corolla that they launched in the Philippines last year. But this isn't any other variant that differs in engine, gearbox or features.

What we're talking about is a 5-door version of the venerable Corolla. And here's the thing: it might not be not an ordinary 5-door as it could be a model called Corolla Cross.

Offline symphony X

« Reply #7088 on: February 14, 2020, 01:38:19 PM »
saw this morning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97kv10KfsCQ

hydrogen electronic reactor, ano to parang "super duper turbo charger"?
"Does your head still hurt when you think about quantum mechanics?"

Prof. Brian Greene: "Always. If you study quantum mechanics and your head doesn't hurt, make sure someone takes your pulse. You may no longer be with us."

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #7089 on: February 24, 2020, 07:38:31 PM »
HHO yan na hahalo sa gasoline dun sa combustion chamber.... hindi siya papalit sa gasoline, addition lang kaya babawas DAW sa konsumo ng gasoline yung hydrogen gas... yun lang magiging dalawa na ilalagay mo fuel, water for topping up dun sa device at yung gasoline or diesel mo sa fuel tank.

could work... depends on the design and how much hydrogen is being produced at any single time.

Offline lahar

« Reply #7090 on: February 24, 2020, 08:39:00 PM »
HHO yan na hahalo sa gasoline dun sa combustion chamber.... hindi siya papalit sa gasoline, addition lang kaya babawas DAW sa konsumo ng gasoline yung hydrogen gas... yun lang magiging dalawa na ilalagay mo fuel, water for topping up dun sa device at yung gasoline or diesel mo sa fuel tank.

could work... depends on the design and how much hydrogen is being produced at any single time.

That would work alright. The question however is are you consuming more energy extracting hydrogen from water than the total energy you are "saving" by adding that hydrogen to gasoline?

Offline WallyWest

« Reply #7091 on: February 24, 2020, 10:02:05 PM »
https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industry-news/is-toyota-ph-planning-to-launch-5-door-corolla-crossover.html

It seems Toyota may be planning to add another version of the new generation Corolla that they launched in the Philippines last year. But this isn't any other variant that differs in engine, gearbox or features.

What we're talking about is a 5-door version of the venerable Corolla. And here's the thing: it might not be not an ordinary 5-door as it could be a model called Corolla Cross.

All right, no more rebadged Daihatsus.

Offline symphony X

« Reply #7092 on: February 28, 2020, 01:08:38 PM »

That would work alright. The question however is are you consuming more energy extracting hydrogen from water than the total energy you are "saving" by adding that hydrogen to gasoline?

Correct. Also, internally powered kaya? or naka tap sa car battery, baka malakas naman mag draw. But the tech looks promising.
"Does your head still hurt when you think about quantum mechanics?"

Prof. Brian Greene: "Always. If you study quantum mechanics and your head doesn't hurt, make sure someone takes your pulse. You may no longer be with us."

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #7093 on: February 28, 2020, 04:51:49 PM »
most likely malakas yan sa kuryente.... just read how much power is needed to separate water into enough H2 and o2 to augment gasoline:

"This is about 260 kJ per mole of water or just shy of 5 eV per molecule of water (4 electrons times 1.23 V). Splitting one liter of water would take at least 16 MJ (4.4 kWh), which is more energy than it would take to launch a liter of water into deep space!"

taken from: https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=70430.0

baka kelangan mo mag upgrade ng alternator to a 150-200A one just to allow enough H2 to be produced when the engine is running...