Author Topic: Perpetual Car Thread  (Read 620734 times)

Offline JM

Re: Perpetual Car Thread
« Reply #6880 on: June 18, 2018, 05:27:51 PM »

LED's and HID's on both reflector and halogen projectors simply doesn't throw light properly and produces an insane amount of glare for incoming traffic. I would say it would be irresponsible to put aftermarket lights without proper projector/housing. The best solution is simply to have shops properly retrofit an HID projector. Stock LED projectors on newer cars still fall short versus an HID projector especially in terms of throw distance. A disadvantage of HID projectors is if the stock headlight is a single bulb setup, which means that you lose the ability of a full "flash" of your headlights from an off state.

The video posted by splerdu can't be reposted enough  :happy:

Offline borgy_t

• challenge accepted
« Reply #6881 on: June 18, 2018, 11:23:03 PM »
wow thanks for the informative video. i will probably stay with my stock headlights for now.
Intel Core i5-4440 w/ Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS 2.0 | Asus B85M-G | Zotac Geforce GTX960 2GB (128-bit) | G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Mushkin Reactor 1TB | Dell U2311H | Corsair VS550 | Tecware Alpha | SteelSeries Rival 300 | SteelSeries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline bravoexo

• PeopleSoft
« Reply #6882 on: June 19, 2018, 02:55:05 AM »
I like how 'smart' new gen headlights are... they move around, turn on or off automatically, detects incoming headlights and adjust accordingly... and best of all, they turn off when you turn off the engine.
i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Dominator Platinum 16Gb DDR3 1866 C9, GTX ASUS ROG Strix 1080 SLI, Crucial M4 mSATA 256Gb, Crucia MX100-512Gb SSD, Spinpoint F1 1Tb x 2, Barracuda 2Tb Green x 3, LG E2442V x 3, GMX 2.1, HAF-932, M2 850W, MCP355, Apogee GTZ, BlackIce GTX360, G502, AVerMedia LGX, Vantec Dock

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #6883 on: June 19, 2018, 10:52:06 AM »
hmm...guess i'm sticking to halogens then.  i originally thought there were LEDs that could work well with reflectors.  guess i'll just get them for park lights.
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Online lahar

« Reply #6884 on: June 19, 2018, 11:35:40 AM »
I like how 'smart' new gen headlights are... they move around, turn on or off automatically, detects incoming headlights and adjust accordingly... and best of all, they turn off when you turn off the engine.

Nakakatuwa yung sa Mazda HID, kapag nasa incline, makikita yung cut-off unit-unti bumababa.

hmm...guess i'm sticking to halogens then.  i originally thought there were LEDs that could work well with reflectors.  guess i'll just get them for park lights.

I think for foglights, LEDs are ok. Nakatutok naman sa baba eh.

Offline ris

« Reply #6885 on: June 19, 2018, 06:06:04 PM »

or you could get projectors retrofitted.  hehehe
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism
To steal from many is research

Offline dean

• Administrator
« Reply #6886 on: June 19, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »
^that's in the pipeline...i can get yellow HIDs naman, right?
Make yourself heard
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline JM

« Reply #6887 on: June 19, 2018, 10:39:57 PM »

I think for foglights, LEDs are ok. Nakatutok naman sa baba eh.
[/quote]

Not exactly true. Reflector headlights are designed to have a beam pattern based on the filament of the bulb which produces a "cutoff" in a way. For foglights the same holds true. If the light source position of the reflector the fog light housing is not intended for the bulb (even just by a few mm), there will be more glare and less throw

What I usually do is retrofit the fog lights with HIDs as well but with a straight line cutoff.

Offline ris

« Reply #6888 on: June 19, 2018, 11:43:25 PM »

i got yellow low beams before and was never flagged down on the street.  the problem would be in the annual registration.  may mga iba na ayaw.  baka kailangan mo pa kausapin yung head nila pag ganun.  other than that i never had problems when using it on the road

Online lahar

« Reply #6889 on: June 20, 2018, 05:56:14 AM »

I've never seen yellow HIDs. Kind of defeats the purpose of HIDs IMO or what most people love about HID, i.e. to get the brightest and whitest light possible.

Offline icedrop

« Reply #6890 on: June 20, 2018, 06:08:56 AM »
i had neutral white HID's before. They were good, now looking at full retrofit for HID.

using LED's right now, maganda lang tignan, not really that helpful kapag nasa ulan. Going back to halogens din kasi maulan na lately.

sa fogs ako naka LED. projector type. binubuksan ko lang kapag walang kasalubong o madilim. ayos siya sa visibility sa daanan.
because there is no patch for human stupidity

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #6891 on: June 20, 2018, 07:42:37 AM »
4300k is good. No problems even in the rain for me, then again my car has no tint.
fhtagn

Offline ris

« Reply #6892 on: June 20, 2018, 08:07:13 AM »

I've never seen yellow HIDs. Kind of defeats the purpose of HIDs IMO or what most people love about HID, i.e. to get the brightest and whitest light possible.

yellow hids are 3000k

4300k is good. No problems even in the rain for me, then again my car has no tint.

according to the one that installed my hid projectors, 4300k is the brightest hid color temp.  he says its even brighter than 3000k yellow hids since its the purest form of hid.  he said that the other color temp hids are only tinted so that they would show a different color.  unlike 4300k which is not modified.

Online lahar

« Reply #6893 on: June 20, 2018, 10:10:15 AM »

yellow hids are 3000k

according to the one that installed my hid projectors, 4300k is the brightest hid color temp.  he says its even brighter than 3000k yellow hids since its the purest form of hid.  he said that the other color temp hids are only tinted so that they would show a different color.  unlike 4300k which is not modified.

Yes I know they sell them, but I've never seen yellow HIDs on the road. Halos same na lang temp nila ng halogens eh.

Offline ris

« Reply #6894 on: June 20, 2018, 10:43:55 AM »

yellow hids are 3000k

Yes I know they sell them, but I've never seen yellow HIDs on the road. Halos same na lang temp nila ng halogens eh.

saw some yellow headlights before.  im just not sure if theyre yellow hid or yellow halogens.  but i can still see a difference from regular halogens from the yellow halogens though.  iba ang pagka yellow ng sinadya na yellow halogens compared to the regular bulbs included with a brand new car.  and it seems mas konti pa nga siguro talaga ang naka yellow hids compared to the white hids.  ang pinaka common ay puti pag naka hid na talaga.  kaya siguro wala ka nga nakikita

Online lahar

« Reply #6895 on: June 20, 2018, 04:05:27 PM »
Most likely halogens yun. Used some before, Osram All Seasons and some cheapo Euro-something brand that I bought in an emergency.

Online lahar

« Reply #6896 on: June 20, 2018, 04:18:31 PM »
https://visor.ph/cars/suzuki-ph-to-launch-new-swift-hatchback-on-june-27/

Interestingly, there’s word Suzuki is planning to offer the Swift Sport powered by a 1.4-liter turbo gasoline mill in the near future—assuming they can price it competitively. This one packs 138hp and 230Nm, figures that should endear the little hatchback to sporty drivers.

Offline bravoexo

• PeopleSoft
« Reply #6897 on: June 21, 2018, 03:22:50 AM »
You can also wrap your headlights in Yellow Lexan, if you guys like.
i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Dominator Platinum 16Gb DDR3 1866 C9, GTX ASUS ROG Strix 1080 SLI, Crucial M4 mSATA 256Gb, Crucia MX100-512Gb SSD, Spinpoint F1 1Tb x 2, Barracuda 2Tb Green x 3, LG E2442V x 3, GMX 2.1, HAF-932, M2 850W, MCP355, Apogee GTZ, BlackIce GTX360, G502, AVerMedia LGX, Vantec Dock

Offline dean

• Administrator
« Reply #6898 on: June 21, 2018, 09:45:47 AM »
osram has yellow halogens now...and so does PIAA.  currently running osram all-season bulbs (low) and old euroline yellows (high) on the focus.
Make yourself heard