Author Topic: Perpetual Car Thread  (Read 600539 times)

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
Re: Perpetual Car Thread
« Reply #6820 on: May 02, 2018, 12:09:14 AM »
Super cool panda refinished Ronal Bears from Yarisworld

fhtagn

Offline lahar

« Reply #6821 on: May 02, 2018, 08:24:37 AM »
So I got to drive arounda Mirage HB for a week. Interesting car to say the least. Its not the fastest, no wait its fast enough, but its not the quickest. I sometimes have to floor it to overtake and even then I have to choose which vehicles to overtake and when. The one I got was CVT and while pretty frugal with the gas, I was constantly wishing for at least a manumatic mode especially with a full passenger load. It was manouverable though and handles well enough, but exhaust and engine seems noisy. I thought its because the owner was a young man, and probably modified the car, but when I looked underneath and in the negine bay, everything seemed stock. I later found out that the Mirage doesn't have a resonator and from other owners that the car really is noisy.  Overall its a good car to get from A to B, as a spare car and as a first car, but I would get the manual at least. I wish local dealers would stock up on warm hatches though, like the Swift Sport.

PS: Being that the owner is a young man, he wrapped the whole glass in superblack tints. How do people drive at night with these? Its ok in the day time, but at night and even when entering undergound parking lots its hard to see outside.

Offline lahar

« Reply #6822 on: May 06, 2018, 05:23:17 PM »
Blew the sidewall on one of my tires. Any suggestions for budget brands (need R17s 65/235s) not made in China?

Offline dean

• Administrator
    • http://www.pinoypc.net
« Reply #6823 on: May 07, 2018, 11:06:57 AM »
yikes! how'd it happen? good to know you're alright.

not sure how budget is budget, but federal and nankang come to mind. 
Make yourself heard
Portable Strobist Kit for Rent!
Includes: 2in1 shoot thru/reflective umbrella, lightstand, RF trigger/receiver, 8pcs AA sanyo eneloop, nissin di622, gel filters

Offline lahar

« Reply #6824 on: May 07, 2018, 11:49:48 AM »

My office group went on an outing to San Juan, Batangas last Saturday. I was crusing along Star Toll when I satrted feeling the Sorento bouncing a bit too much. Stopped to have a look around, saw nothing unusual and thought maybe the road was uneven. A kilomter or so from Ibaan exit I heard a groaning, almost jet plane like sound, so I stopped on the side. Before I even got off, the car following told me I have a flat. Hole was on the side so can't be fixed anymore. So far from canvassing, I would need between 27-30k for a whole 4 pc set. Indonesian, Thai or Taiwanese is ok. Don't want Chinese crap.

Offline calvin

« Reply #6825 on: May 07, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »

My office group went on an outing to San Juan, Batangas last Saturday. I was crusing along Star Toll when I satrted feeling the Sorento bouncing a bit too much. Stopped to have a look around, saw nothing unusual and thought maybe the road was uneven. A kilomter or so from Ibaan exit I heard a groaning, almost jet plane like sound, so I stopped on the side. Before I even got off, the car following told me I have a flat. Hole was on the side so can't be fixed anymore. So far from canvassing, I would need between 27-30k for a whole 4 pc set. Indonesian, Thai or Taiwanese is ok. Don't want Chinese crap.

what size?
the 215/70 R16  Yokohama costs Php 4750 at Motech

Offline lahar

« Reply #6826 on: May 07, 2018, 05:30:59 PM »

what size?
the 215/70 R16  Yokohama costs Php 4750 at Motech

235/65 R17

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #6827 on: May 07, 2018, 07:08:05 PM »
265/35 R17

That's a pretty rare size! Super wide and low. What car?

This is 275/35R17 on an FC3S RX7. 265/35 should look close:

fhtagn

Offline lahar

« Reply #6828 on: May 07, 2018, 07:21:21 PM »
Sorry mis-type on the reply. As stated above its 235/65 R17. Car is a Sorento. 

Offline calvin

« Reply #6829 on: May 07, 2018, 07:38:44 PM »

Yokohama should be around ~Php 6500 at MoTech  less discount for buying a set.

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #6830 on: May 08, 2018, 12:09:56 AM »

Dyslexia is coming for you!

Anyhow check out this page from MTH:
http://www.mindanaotyrehaus.com/product-category/tyres/size-tyres/t17/page/5/

The 245/65 Toyo (Japanese) option looks good. P5,500 ea.
fhtagn

Offline lahar

« Reply #6831 on: May 08, 2018, 05:29:38 AM »

Dyslexia is coming for you!

Anyhow check out this page from MTH:
http://www.mindanaotyrehaus.com/product-category/tyres/size-tyres/t17/page/5/

The 245/65 Toyo (Japanese) option looks good. P5,500 ea.

Yeah really need to get glasses now. Anyway thats cheap per tire, but I would be forced to buy 5. My spare is actually pretty meaty. Now leaning towards the Koreans (Kumho KL21s are what I have now, but if the Nexens are better...). But if they are better and not make my ride look like its on stilts... So is this shop recommended?

Offline splerdu

• Veterans
« Reply #6832 on: May 08, 2018, 05:37:38 AM »
Haven't tried them but they have a pretty good (4.3) rating on Facebook. Thinking of getting my next set from them.
fhtagn

Offline uvax

« Reply #6834 on: May 19, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »
Funny how Volkswagen PH webpage for the Santana spells brake as break. Maybe the Santana's antilock brake is broken. ???

Offline calvin

« Reply #6835 on: May 19, 2018, 11:05:16 AM »
Funny how Volkswagen PH webpage for the Santana spells brake as break. Maybe the Santana's antilock brake is broken. ???

it's been corrected already but it means the encoder for the webpage doesn't know it's spelled as "brake".

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #6836 on: May 19, 2018, 04:38:16 PM »
car is mostly finished... last thing replaced was the inner fender liner.... now I dont know whether to remove the old paint from the rims and replace it with VHT rim paint (same color... gold but I am looking for a different kind of gold) and VHT wheel rim clear....

those are kinda expensive for 4 wheels....I still have 1 week to do it before the grupo toyota GEB on May 27 in seascape village... the car is 5 years in the making before I installed the liners.... its due mostly to laziness... mine since I am the only one who installs everything (except change engine.... dont have engine hoist)... and no.... I will NOT allow anyone else to work on the car if I can work on it... but me lazy, so it took 5 years to finish.... :D

at least now the paint is very shiny and has a thick coat of clear plus there is no more plastic things hanging below the front bumpers anymore.... and I can finally wash the car and wax it (in a few days.... paint shop said wait 1 month after the clear was applied to cure it before waxing it.... its polyurethane base coat and clear coat and I applied the clear around end of april)... now only the rim is left old looking..... hmm.... VHT is the only paint I know that has paint specific for wheels.... bosny does not last long (used it to paint the rims the last time around.... now the shine is gone and paint has chipped)...

I am not sure if polyurethane paints can resist elevated temps like VHT can without degrading....

Offline icedrop

« Reply #6837 on: May 21, 2018, 11:30:16 AM »
active ka pa sa GT? tagal na ako hindi nakaka bisita.
because there is no patch for human stupidity

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #6838 on: May 21, 2018, 07:23:02 PM »
active pa naman.... nasa pesbuk na silang lahat, wala na yung old forum.... may GEB sa May 27 kung old member ka....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1120423594663902/

yan yung pesbuk page ng Grupo Toyota.... Sila RGTPeak at JillPeak ang admins ng page na yan....

Offline redwing_01

« Reply #6839 on: May 21, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »
....and my clutch slave cylinder went out.... crap.... had to buy a flare nut wrench earlier in the day so I can remove the cylinder and find out why it is now leaking after only 5 years (FIC brand... most likely a chinese knockoff since there is an FIC that is a Japanese replacement branded clutch cylinder part... boo.).

will remove it tomorrow so I can at least replace the wheelcups.... if the cylinder is still in good condition.