Author Topic: The future of PinoyPC  (Read 15460 times)

Offline FLipz

• Semi-Newbie
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2002, 06:55:56 AM »
more power to PPC!!!

Edited by FLipz on 2002-09-24 06:57:15

Offline draganta

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2002, 05:16:58 PM »
PPC will be the bread and butter (nakakagutom)...those who will jon in the advancement will be fortified with knowledge but those who not...ewan ko...

It's just the beginning of an instituition of having the fund and people to have to do it at there very BEST on there  own expense...

It's just a kind of profit sharing...credits will be earned and knowledge will be distributed...

Discounts???...it depends...

Surely we can come up to finalize things in a very comprehensive and agreeable...to most of the us...

nevermind my rig!

taonglobo

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2002, 04:34:38 PM »
Well, I think this would be a great step for PPC. A great idea indeed!

The idea is like when Yahoo mail ended the free POP services, they started charging but in return, when u subscribe, you will have better services, but  subscription isnt required because you can still use the free mail services through your browser.

By the way, i was thinkin that Yahoo Messenger and MSN Messenger is a very nice software. I hope Bryan and co. can add a feature like this for PPC. I know this would truly need money and effort, but its a good idea anyway, right?

Offline zeon

• Administrator
  • Semi-Newbie
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2002, 11:27:18 PM »
Not really a good idea seeing that the instant messaging arena is already heavily populated.

Offline MV

• http://
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2002, 11:30:11 PM »
not a good idea of making a PPC IM. anyway we could use the IMs that are available naman. they're just a download and a register away.

Offline zeon

• Administrator
  • Semi-Newbie
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2002, 11:45:52 PM »
Same reason why there isn't any PPC CHAT.

Offline DABOY

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2002, 11:53:11 PM »
Ako ang kinabukasan ng PinoyPC, kumpare.

Offline nhald

• Semi-Newbie
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2002, 10:28:20 PM »
i for one agree on the premium membership. why? 'coz the site would give better benefits to the premium members.  what is 500 for one year. be it 100 or 1000. we signed up here to become members and to be a part of a pinoy community that caters to our techie delights. if this site goes down because of these so called trolls, there is no one to blame but us who had a chance to make this a better site.

as i understand, the premium membership is voluntary and would undergo screening. if do not pass the screening, you could still be a regular member. so what's the fuss? if you 'trolls' are satisfied for being a regular member, so be it. but some of us want more from this site and there is a price for everything. i am willing to pay for that price if it will seperate me from you 'trolls'.  THIS IS WHAT I SIGNED UP HERE FOR AND THIS IS WHAT I'M HOPING TO GET.

=) no flame intended. cheers!

Hernie

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2002, 12:28:04 AM »
daboy, eh kung wala kame at ikaw lang, e di wala ng ppc, pare! :) no offense, pero you get too overbearing most of the time!

are you really this overbearing? show a little kindness, will you? ;-)

for the advancement of ppc...I salute bravoexo!

Offline SlikGuy23

• http://
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2005, 02:04:26 AM »
up ko na rin to just to bring up the destiny & future of PPC! :)

Mabuhay kapwa ko PPCnians! :-D
"To the beginner the choices are few, to the expert the choices are many."

Offline zer0

• just breathe...
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2005, 02:08:39 AM »
...the future is now :)

Offline scrambler

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2005, 03:55:49 AM »
Well, we'll just see how it goes.  I'm based in the Visayas so I can't attend the EB but I'll wait for the final decision.  

Personally (and I mean "para sa akin", this doesn't concern other members) I won't be applying for premium membership (if ever) as I see no need do so.  I ask for troubleshooting assistance from another forum, simply because it's a relatively big forum and there are more people capable of tackling a particular problem.  I come here to see what my fellow pinoy pc enthusiasts are up to and to enjoy their company.  I hope everything goes well, as I would hate to see my favorite forum disintegrate.

By the way, I like the idea proposed by bravoexo(?) to curb "nonsense" posts.  This way, we won't have people racing to reach certain posting "milestones" while filling threads with nonsense along the way.  Another forum I belong to doesn't credit posts posted in the lounge thread since it's just a virtual "tambayan".

More power to PPC.

Offline merlin

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2005, 06:38:44 AM »
why not try google adsense? If the site wants to make money, using adsense is the least obtrusive way. Persuade the members to click on the ads at least once everytime they log in. Proper integration with the web interface is essential. I suggest putting it in the upper, right, or create a left pane just for google adsense. Never at the bottom, like what some local sites do (ahem... *bidshot* ahem)

I don't like the idea.

Offline justmee

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2005, 09:46:01 AM »
the changing times, thanks yo Bryan

Offline pythonista

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2005, 10:04:58 AM »
I just saw this thread. I really wished I'm there during that time. Wish ko lang sana ibalik yung dating Site where meron hardware/software reviews created by our own members.

Kung me development na gagawin for PPC count me in! I'll work for a bottle of beer! :-D

Sayang hindi ako nakaattend nakaraang EB. Shondo just told me na me plans of PPC Magazine! I was excited! Sana matuloy na yun! :-)

Offline ShindoHikaru

• Mada mada dane
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2005, 10:09:26 AM »
Yeah sana nga :D
Canon 400D, Canon S3IS, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 580 EX II, Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX 11-16mm f/2.8 for Canon, Sunpak +1 +2 +4 macro filters

<? echo "AmakakeruRyuNoHirameki"; ?>
Do your best specially when other people think less of you.

Offline Louie

• Administrator
  • Every end is a new beginning
    • PinoyPC
The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2005, 10:25:36 AM »
Sana nga. Small steps along the way right now.

Offline reel

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2005, 10:26:52 AM »
@merlin, i believe the first 3 pages of this thread had bryan repeatedly saying that hes not up to making money.

By the way, I like the idea proposed by bravoexo(?) to curb "nonsense" posts. This way, we won't have people racing to reach certain posting "milestones" while filling threads with nonsense along the way.

exactly scrambler

and yeah, a magazine, thats the only way PPC must grow into. even with a lot of local tech magazines with overly opinionated reviews on some of the juciest hardware out in the market, nothing beats reviews of the more "practical" users
Save Earth. Eat Plastic.

Offline pythonista

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2005, 10:33:27 AM »
Yeah. I suggest a Tech magazine open for trash talks and debates so that more people would be interested with it. I mean try reading usenet! :-D

Offline scrambler

The future of PinoyPC
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2005, 12:25:55 PM »
Wait, maybe @Merlin has something there.  Not to make money, just to help keep the site up and running, cover costs, etc.  So Merlin, how does this work? We click on a particular ad just once and then we can close it right after it opens in another window and thats it, we've done our part?